Goodfellow and Burgs NYC - **After Party** (Fri 6/10/22)

Wanted to start this thread to discuss after-party options for this upcoming epic event.

It might be fun to coordinate vintage or producer or theme depending on what everyone is interested in.

Sh@n ARodrigo F. Julie CEthan Abraham Alan Comroe Marcus Goodfellow Mike C. Guillermo M Eric Z. Tim Heaton Mich@el Ch@ng Joseph Grassa James Lyon J0hnEhrl1ng

I was just going to go along with the burg theme, maybe bring some stuff with a bit of age as I imagine
most of the stuff we’ll be drinking earlier may be younger.

Some thoughts:
00 Lignier MSD 1er VV
00 Amiot CDLR
01 Arnoux-Lachaux Suchots

I like the Burg theme. Definitely my plan as well.

I love the idea of Suchots.

I’ve got '99 Jadot.

Or on another theme - Chambertin - I’ve got '02 Rossignol Trapet

That could be cool I also have 00 Trapet; I’m bringing the 90 to the dinner the next evening. Could be cool to visit both that wknd.

Andrew- you tagged a different Rodrigo. Glad to know I’m not the only one on the forum!

I can throw in some older OR for context and contrast. Either 1993 Domaine Drouhin cuvee Laurène or 1993 Cristom Pinot Noir, both mags.

Very different, but can also bring a 1994 Beaux Frères Chardonnay out of mag for a white.

I’ll also likely pop a Riesling or two, just because.

I think aged trapet vs rossignol trapet vs Oregon would be interesting

Marcus once told me who his favorite producers are: Rousseau CdB, Dujac, Gerard Potel(Pousse d’Or), Ghislaine Barthod, Clos des Lambrays, Chandon des Brialle, De Montille, Mugneret-Gibourg, Maurice Ecard(SLB-Serpentieres), Rene Engel(Echezeaux and Suchots), and Roumier. I vaguely remember him saying a Rousseau was his first epiphany wine… but I could be misremembering.

The only one of these wines I have is a very young/probably closed Mugneret-Gibourg Vosne Romanee, so I will bring something else… probably a 2007 Grand Cru.

Sounds like fun! Need to get my tolerance higher in advance! [berserker.gif] [berserker.gif] [berserker.gif]

Where is the after party?

Same location as far as I know. I think we’re supposed to have the semi private dining room for the entire night.

1 Like

Post the dinner at Noreetuh back room . Shan and I are sorting out the details. Will post an update when we have it

1 Like

Cool. I will most likely be around Friday night so let me know.

I can bring some Mugneret Gibourg with age too. We’re doing Rousseau the next night so probably hold off on that.

1 Like

I can bring my '17 Vosne Romanee, although I fear 2017s may not be as open as they were a year ago.

If the theme is MG, I’ll bring 02 Clos Vougeot

Cool; I’ll bring 05 vosne Romanee as well as that 00 Trapet Chambertin

1 Like

No MG ready to drink in my cellar, so I’ll stick with the 02 RT Chambertin.

Afterparty has to be capped to +6 not already joining the dinner due to space considerations. I put up the list here: https://www.wineberserkers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=187962
3 spots left. Alex if you can please confirm on that thead as well, would be great.

Unfortunately, it does not look like I will not be able to stick around for the after party this evening. If others are looking for an after party spot, please feel free to give them mine.

I believe there is room for a couple more!