Boston offline April 11

Hi all,

I’ll be in Boston and free for dinner April 11. Looking to set something up. Kevin F o l e y is in, as is Dave A from RI (WCWN old-timers will remember him from that wine board back in the day). That makes 3 of us. Can we get up to maybe 6? I’m staying downtown but willing to travel where reasonable by train or Lyft (or bum a ride one way if anyone works downtown and can swing by and get me).

I know BYO is a challenge but we’ll find something and have a grand time - who’s in? We can start a wait list if we get over-subscribed. Reply below and we’ll add folks to the list in order of replies. [cheers.gif]

1. Dave D
  2. Dave A
  3. Kevin F

WL.

Sounds good.

No idea where to do this. Cha Yen in Watertown is no longer BYOB. Dok Bua in Brookline is not open on Mondays (April 11th). I would like to try Cobble sometime, but again not open on Mondays.

I’ll have to go through my map of legal BYOB spots (link below) and see who survived COVID.

www.tinyurl.com/mw6jfe6m

As always, please don’t post the name of places that are not legal.

Confirmed Vaisakhi Indian Kitchen (~Brighton) is open on Mondays and is legal BYOB. Admittedly, not the most wine-pairable cuisine, but a possibility. I have not been here yet.

Checking on a sushi place that used to be BYOB but moved.

None of the others on my list are open on Mondays, legal and still in business (I guess that’s redundant lol). Mondays are not a good day to dine out in Boston.

I appreciate the sleuthing, Kevin - sorry for the difficulty of the assignment!

[scratch.gif] I think your comment says more about your drinking preferences than wine-friendliness of Indian food.

Sorry to offend you, but pretty much everyone agrees spicy foods are the most difficult to pair with wines. But that’s not the point of this thread.

That’s why God created Riesling and Gewürztraminer. If I were in Boston, I’d be happy to bring some bottles, but I’m not. Good luck with the dinner.

List is full, waitlist started, but some might drop out, so let us know if you are still interested just in case.

1 Like