9th Annual Di Fara's Wine and Pizza dinner in Manhattan on March 1 - Fat Tuesday

I’m not sure if this event will take place on Fat Tuesday March 1, 2022.

Edit > The party officially starts at 7:00, and ends at 9:00 for all you can eat pizza. We can stay until 10:00, although most people leave after 9:00 ish. Everything is included. Tax. Tip. Soda. Water. Seltzer.

Di Fara’s in Brooklyn is currently closed. If our event takes place, it will be at their Lower east Side (LES) location on Stanton Street. https://www.difarapizzany.com/location/manhattan-lower-east-side/

I’ve asked several past attendees if they’re interested in attending. The responses were mixed. I know it’s Covid times, this is why I’m asking. It’s possible to push back the date. FYI, Covid rates in New York City are dropping. They were hovering at 3% over the weekend, and it’s been dropping dramatically. The other issue (?) is the cost of all you can eat pizza this year is $65 - $70 per person. In 2020, it was $50 - $55. If you think it’s a lot of money for pizza I wouldn’t disagree. Someone told me that while the cost is getting up there, $65 for a wine and pizza dinner with Berserkers is a good idea.

That said, please post here if you’re interested in attending. Our past offline’s were limited to 20 people. Margaret told me that it’s ok if we have less than 20 people. The good news is that I don’t have to guarantee any minimum.

This event is a nice mix of regulars and new folks. Have a question, please ask. You can bring any wine or Champagne. Everything goes with pizza.

If 10 people sign up, the event is on. Otherwise, I’ll talk to them about re-scheduling. Your thoughts are appreciated.

edited Post 54 has the up to date list of wine.
Confirmed: So far - 19, not counting those on the fence.

Dan H. 2017 Ultramarine Rosé Heintz Vineyard
JayK +1
Brent Vignalta 1998 Colli Euganei Gemola (Cab Franc, Merlot)
Bob H + 1 2001 Produttori Ovello stood up along with a Produttori Normale (I think the ‘06).
Jay M 2006 Podere Brunello + Etienne Calsac l’Echappee Belle and 2007 Rhys Swan Pinot
David C Vintage Port TBD
Derek P 2004 Gaja Pieve Santa Restituta Brunello Sugarille
Clifton
Kaitlyn 2008 Stella di Campalto Brunello
Julie
Erez L
Matt
Joseph G +1 2015 Castello Romitorio Brunello di Montalcino Filo di Seta
2017 Altos Las Hormigas Malbec Appellation Gualtallary and maybe this? 2007 Cosimo Taurino Patriglione

Gary Z '99 Solengo or Radici Tauraci
TGigante
B. Davies

This will be a Pre-pay event. Paypal info to follow in February. I bolded your name if you’ve paid.

Bring stems.

I’m no quitter. Sign me up!

Sorry, but if I am lucky, I will have just had my surgery staples removed.

1 Like

I’m travelling that day, otherwise, I’d be there. As a relative newcomer to Berserkers, I’m looking forward to actually making it to one of these

yes, + another yes

Dan, I’m in for 2 :wine_glass::+1::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I’ve wanted to attend for years but the Brooklyn location was just too far for a weeknight. This works much better for me.

Feel free to give preference to past attendees but if you have room please sign me up for one.

Jay Miller, there’s room for you. Does Sherry go with pizza? Maybe we’ll find out. :wink:

Confirmed: So far - 19, not counting those on the fence. Post 54 has the updated wine list.
Dan H. 2017 Ultramarine Rosé Heintz Vineyard
JayK +1
Brent Vignalta 1998 Colli Euganei Gemola (Cab Franc, Merlot)
Bob H + 1 2001 Produttori Ovello stood up along with a Produttori Normale (I think the ‘06).
Jay M 2006 Podere Brunello + Etienne Calsac l’Echappee Belle and 2007 Rhys Swan Pinot
David C Vintage Port TBD
Derek P 2004 Gaja Pieve Santa Restituta Brunello Sugarille
Clifton
Kaitlyn 2008 Stella di Campalto Brunello
Julie
Erez L
Matt Kalin Cellars 1995 Chardonnay Cuvee’ W and a BD wine
Joseph G +1 2015 Castello Romitorio Brunello di Montalcino Filo di Seta
2017 Altos Las Hormigas Malbec Appellation Gualtallary and maybe this? 2007 Cosimo Taurino Patriglione

Gary Z '99 Solengo or Radici Tauraci
TGigante 2007 Le Macchiole Paleo Rosso Or 2001 Romano dal Forno Valpolicello Superiore Vignetto di Monte Lodoletta
B. Davies 2006 Billecart-Salmon Magnum and maybe 1998 Whistler Gewurztraminer Ice Wine if people are into it.
[cheers.gif]

This will be a Pre-pay event. Paypal info to follow in February. I bolded your name if you’ve paid.

Bring stems.

Count me in please

1 Like

please add a third (tentative until confirmed)
thanks

Tentative…thinking about it.

While I contend that Sherry is a great match with far more foods than it’s generally given credit for I’m not certain that red sauce pizza is one of them…

Count me in please.

1 Like

Dan, thanks for organizing. Count me in.

1 Like

Weekend bump.

Bring stems.

51% sure I can make it but don’t hold my spot if someone else is a for sure. Happy to pay in advance via Paypal

They can have more than the usual 20 people since the LES is bigger. No worries.

Can you put me down as a maybe? When is the final deadline?

I didn’t make a Maybe list. Let me know if you can join us. It will be nice to see you again.

We usually have room for 20; but since this location on the Lower east Side (LES) is bigger than Brooklyn, we could go over 20. Three weeks to go.

Everyone should think about what you’re going to bring, and post it.

Bring stems. Paypal info to follow next week. The closest subway stop is Delancey St / Essex St on the F train. Plenty of street parking. Read the signs.