February 17th, Bond Quella Dinner - Washington DC

Hello all! I’m relatively new to this forum and excited to explore and meet all of you. I am hosting a tasting Dinner at Charlie Palmer Steak in DC on the 17th of February, a fun date night for Valentines Day that week. I included a link to the event below which has all of the details, I hope I will see some of you there to make some new friends around our shared passion for wine!

How about you up it to 6 oz?

1 Like

If Bobby’s going to this, I’ll go. That dude runs his snowblower with :100:point wines. Can’t wait to see what he brings to this. Is there a list of what everyone Is bringing? Is 100 points the theme ? Is is more specific?

:100: is kind of a low threshold these days. I recommend we switch to legendary burgundy.

Remember that your legendary burgundy collection has been halved, so choose wisely.

Low blow! Jeb are you coming to this too? Best of Napa vs burgundy …. Blind. I’ll bring champagne

I’d be interested. I’m wondering if we might be able to switch to a ribeye as the fat would really bring out flavors of the cabernet. I don’t think the filet can carry a :100: pointer.

Fair point, Jeb. Maybe we can get some waygu? Are you going to bring some aubert chard to kick it off? IM thinking Dominus

Havent been to CPS in a while, does anyone know if we are in the private room? I had a friend of mine see this and reach out asking; they have certain privacy needs that many of us dont.

I think it’s time for a dry run tonight. Will be at Maydan at 8:30 with a couple of 99 pointers.

I have a massage at 7 near Cap One Arena, but should be able to make it up there afterwards.

Amazing dinner last night! Love the new off menu items at Maydan, not sure there was a wine that didn’t pair beautifully with the mastodon stew! Definitely felt sluggish this morning though. I thought I had better pics of wine/food but user error resulted in all but one being a total mess. Jeb, can you get Ronnie to send his pics? Only have the two realms and the (we don’t talk about Bruno) giacosa. Really wish the Giacosa had spent more time in the decanter….also I remain convinced that the ‘05 Absurd was a more complete wine than the ‘13. neener
C39CC575-6025-4F06-81D6-0752AF4B023C.jpeg

Ballas! IM getting pretty pumped about this dinner in 2 weeks. Standing up a few hundos now so they show well. Has anyone talked with Stefano? We should prob get a list together of the wines so we can work out flights.

10 days out… are we a GO?

I think Stefano was maybe trolling us with his tall tales of dank bond wines. Perhaps it’s time for my admin to book me other plans.

You all probably got trolled

February 17, 2022, a date which will live in infamy. There will be no Bond Quella. There will be no Palmer Steak House dinner. There will be no joy. There will be NOTHING.

#StefaNO💯PointWine4U

Jeb do you want to meet me and Bobby out tomorrow? I’m bringing - Ringland wines vs sqn 100s

No can do. Have a cooking class at Sur Le Table with the babysitter.