Jerry Koosman Day at Shea Stadium on August 28 - Now definitely on!

Arrangements complete. The World Famous NY Jets Wine Tailgate (A Jets Tailgater Who Likes to Pour Only Fine Wine - WSJ) will be travelling to Shea Stadium for Jerry Koosman Day on Saturday, August 28th. The Game is at 7 pm. The festivities inside will probably start at 6 pm, and we will probably start the tailgate at about 3 pm.

Menu is TBD - except that I will probably make either vegetarian Lasagna or vegetarian eggplant parm for my cousin the vegetarian Mets fan. Admission is one good bottle of wine that you want to share with your friends. Post your interest below. The only rule is that if you comment that it is no longer called Shea Stadium, you can’t come. PS - They are playing to Nationals.

I have tickets in Section 319 behind home. I will be parking and setting up in the middle of the three lots on the third base side, as close to the stadium as possible. However, Mets Management withholds parking passes until just before the game so I may not be able to post a definite location until the last minute. If you want to attend, please post so I know how much food to bring.

I’m tickled that there’s a Jerry Koosman day; a tribute to longevity moreso than excellence, I suppose. I remember when he played for the White Sox in the early 80s, though he will always be remembered as a Met. Have fun at the game.

For your cousin: The Baffling Connection Between Vegetarianism and Depression

Shea stadium was torn down. It doesn’t exist any more. Closed 13 years ago and replaced by a new stadium 2009 Citi-Fields. Citi for Citi Bank.

Yeah. And Simon and Garfunkle sang about the Ed Koch Bridge. And you go through the Hugh Carey tunnel, ignoring the fact that one of the more famous political alcoholics has a tunnel named after him. And you go over the Carpetbagger (RFK) Bridge. And when I go to Rockland County, I travel over the Vote for Cuomo, Not the Homo Bridge.

It will always be the Tappan Zee

1 Like

I’m considering blocking you. neener

I grew up going to Shea with my dad. We took a bus and 2 subways (as the expression goes). Shea will always be Shea the same was the Tap (mentioned above by Mike) will always be the Tap. Sorry Jay. What time did you say? [truce.gif]

So did I! Not many Mets games but over the years plenty of Jets games, including their last one.

My circle call the not so new stadium shitty field, we used to ride our bikes to shea, on the very rare sold out game watch it from the bridge behind the score board (also where we listened to all of the concerts)
The blue exterior, the lack of stairs and plethora of ramps, ‘BEER HEEEEEREEEEEEE’ vendor. It was pre cowbell man, pin guy and the wave, went to the game to dare I say watch and score the game.

that being said I am a def a tentative!

Shea may have been a dump, but it was our dump.

bump

See you at 3:00.