Rieslingstudy - 008 Vinegar Hill House - 8/3/2021

I will be announcing Rieslingstudy - 008 Vinegar Hill House* via my instagram and most likely the source | material email list over the next few days.

Cost will be approximately $125 + tax + tip

Theme will be wines of the Mosel, if possible.

7:00 start time

It will be BYOR with a set menu that will surely included their famous Red Waddle.

*For wineberserker historians this is the venue Jay Hack almost knocked himself out by hitting his head on the ceiling going down to the private room for the first ever MacDonald wine dinner. To avoid this type of calamity we will be in the private carriage house.

Targeting about 25 or so people so it will be a fairly fun free for all as far as wine is concerned.

Please feel free to reach out with questions.

1 Like

Awesome! Very much looking forward to this!

I thought I already listed my interest in returning to the shithole that had food so notable that I have no recollection except that I got on the MacDonaldf list. Not that is was bad food; I just have no recollection of what we ate.

Going to release tickets tomorrow to the broader public.

Tickets are live now on eventbrite:

We are extremely excited to announce Rieslingstudy 008 - Vinegar Hill House at one of our favorite restaurants in NYC. Vinegar Hill was started by the former Chef of Freemans in 2008. Since 2008 I have had many, many wonderful meals here. The menu fully utilizes the wood burning stove and is both delicious and comforting. The menu largely stays the same but I never tire of it and dare I say is perfect for Riesling. The decor and surrounding neighborhood only add the to the charming, relaxing ambiance.

Vinegar Hill is one of the most fascinating areas in all of New York City. It feels like time has stood still despite much change all around. According to the NY Times: "The Brooklyn waterfront enclave of Vinegar Hill is a tiny carpet remnant of a neighborhood, a rough-edged but charmingly idiosyncratic swatch of land largely cut off from the city around it.

Rieslingstudy 008 will be held on Tuesday, August 3rd at:

Vinegar Hill House - 72 Hudson Avenue

Start time: 7:00

Menu:
Salad | Appetizer | 2 Entrees* | side | Dessert

*One of the Entrees will surely be Vinegar Hill’s famous Red Waddle Pork which will be a magical pairing with riesling.

This will be a Bring Your Own Riesling (BYOR) dinner with approximately 25 students in the private carriage house behind the restaurant. It will be a very informal dinner intended to share our love of Riesling. As usual source | material will be providing many bottles including rarities from our cellars free of charge. There will be a range of attendees from novices to avid long-time collectors. ALL are welcome. If anyone needs help procurring a bottle just let me know.

Price:

$120 + tax & tip (22%) 100% and more goes to the restaurant.

Me too. I’m in. Pulling bottles now….

1 Like

I’ve been checking this post and Robert’s instagram for the last couple of days daily awaiting the announcement. I jumped on it the minute I saw the post.

Looks like we’ll be sharing that 2020 von der Fels sooner than anticipated. I know the theme is Mosel, but I’m sure Robert won’t mind if I sneak it in.

Also just received the shipping notifications for my Grassl Voyager cases. Eager to try them out.

My brain didn’t connect Mosel. Thanks! Fixed that. But I’m sure I’ll have a ringer too.

Finally bit the bullet and registered here. Really looking forward to this, Robert! Hoping to have a Mosel bottle here in time that you may not have had in a little while, but since I’m in and out of town next weekend, the delivery logistics might get in the way.

Also looking forward to seeing Rodrigo and other friends made at the Rule of Thirds event who can make it to this one! I hope Sarah and Jonathan can make it up as well, since it was so lovely to see them at the Philly study. Thank you as always, Robert, for putting so much time and effort into getting these organized and set up. They’ve been my favorite wine events to attend and it isn’t close.

Welcome to Wine Berserkers Dan

The other day I was just thinking I needed to reach out to get together soon. Will be really great to see you again! Looking forward to catching up

I have an extra ticker or two for this event. Tuesday, August 3rd.

Please PM me if you are interested.

I am bringing 12 or so wines and will be debuting my first ever wine under a new project Soilpimp Selectins.

Still have one maybe two tickets / seats for this if anyone is interested.

A little teaser…