Last Minute Wine Dinner in Berkeley CA

I thought I’d put a line out here to see if anyone in the Bay area would be free to join a wine dinner tomorrow (Saturday, June 26) in North Berkeley. Will be held from 5:30 PM on my building’s rooftop patio. I have a very quick turn around on an apartment move, so I am hoping to go through as many bottles in my wine refrigerator as possible. Will be blinding the bottles so don’t want to give too much away, but generally, I love Burgundy, so this will be the focus. Feel free to pm me here or on insta @aeratingwine for more details.

Follow-up abbreviated insta post: https://www.instagram.com/p/CQo0R5Qrts_/

Great evening. Eugenie showed really well for my taste. Fourier was strangely lean for a Gevry.

Would love to taste Arnoux in another 10-15 years, had the most stuffing. Chanin hitting on all cylinders makes me want to revisit this producer - haven’t liked his more recent wines.

I was nuts about Lutum, then Chanin, until I had the 98-pointer from. 2018, overextracted and it was rewarded by Dunnuck for being so, so I assumed Gavin would go that way and stopped buying

George, like you I’ve been finding recent bottles of their pinots almost candied, and was very surprised when Marcus unblinded this slightly older example (forget vintage alas). Fruit there but restrained enough to allow other flavors/complexity to emerge. My personal second of the night behind the very excellent d’Eugenie Clos Vougeot.