ISO Austin, TX Tasting Group

Recently moved from Michigan to Austin, TX and have been searching for a wine group. I mostly collect Burgundy, Barolo, and Northern Rhone; however, most of my collection is still in MI. That being said, I’d still love to get something going here in the city so please reach out if you’re local. Thanks

1 Like

Not much Austin action here. Just so you know you aren’t being ignored, I sent an email to a collector friend in Austin. As far as I know, there isn’t an organized tasting group in but my friend will reach out to you if there is. I meet up with him and another person from time to time when I am in Austin.

Michael, thank you for that - I appreciate the connection

If you want to circle up with TX people go to Facebook and join the group Wine Knerds United. Way too many Texans in that group. Some of them are ok though.

Also I have a couple of friends who aren’t on the boards but they just moved from NYC and opened Show Me Pizza check it out and ask for Dimitri or Chrissy.

Good luck!

1 Like

You should have received a PM by now.

2 Likes

New Beserker here. Austin area.

The gang at ATX Wine Society used to have regular impromptu hangs announced. Go sign up for the email list over on their website… https://www.austintexaswinesociety.com/ Some brothers in real estate started the society in recent years, but I’ve yet to find time to attend anything.

Plug in name and email and I think when you hit JOIN it takes your to the private Facebook group where you can get heads up. Group posts haven’t been hitting my feed lately, but usually organized events or heads up on casual hangs are posted there. There used to be a regular hang in Round Rock at High Country Market Bistro and GastroPub… from the pictures of their lineups of pours/tastings/glasses (for a fee usually), it looks fun.

Ditto. New bezerker, long time wine consumer, in Austin. Tried joining that mail list. Nothing. Maybe we need to start something.

1 Like

Joey,

welcome aboard!

Just some of my outside impressions of ATX Wine Society… I think events/occasions have decreased, or somehow I’m not seeing them. There is an air of stratification there/insider vibe. The founders and key movers have a “High Table” section on their website and it seems sometimes they gather among themselves. Or a couple of them gather impromptu way up north. I’d like to hit High Country Market, seems like a solid spot for flights, maybe enjoy a bonus pour of some good juice. I bet they have a corkage accomodation.

Otherwise, I would like a semi-regular hang rotating new spots and evenly distributed across town (once every two months? second weekend?) hang with no pretentiousness. Just brainstorming…