So who should I invite to the "Tasteless Wines Are for Empty Minds" real wines dinner?

First, let me get it out of the way . . . [stirthepothal.gif] [stirthepothal.gif] [stirthepothal.gif]

It’s 10:58 pm. I have been working since 7 am and sent my first business email at 7:12 am. I am too old for this sh!t, so it’s time to put on my curmudgeon hat and rant about how “I’m sick and tired of whiney wimps who are seeking God through a 12% ABV pinot from unripe grapes in Burgundy”.

After this plague has passed (I’m already Moderna #2 plus 40 days), I intend to arrange a dinner at a steakhouse in Manhattan to eat large quantities of red meat (I have nothing against vegetarians and they are welcome so long as they do not complain about limited food choices) and drink rocket fuel made out of grapes. Due to surgery last December, I can’t drink a lot, but I would rather spend 4 hours slowly eating food and drinking one ounce each of a bunch of 16% ABV wines with flavor than full glasses of wine for people who prefer dishwater. I will bring SQN, Saxum, Cayuse and maybe a Scarecrow. So who else on this BB likes real wine with flavor?

[smileyvault-ban.gif] hitsfan [stirthepothal.gif] newhere

I am going to sleep and will read all the responsive diatribes in the morning, but for those in the Pro-flavor Bourgeoisie, I’m serious.

Who the Fuck moved this? Someone with no sense of humor?

Ha - anorexia is funny. /sarcasm

Invite a bunch of f@#k Wits, you will fit right in.

PWSS

(Posting While Sober, Sleepless)

No, the steaks sound good, the rest is my definition of wine hell.

Agree!

My wine group started post vaccine get togethers with a night of Truchots, a night of older Bordeauxs and a night of top Champagnes and an assortment of wonderful classic wines, including a 1977 Ridge Zin and a 2001 Climens. Each to his own.

Jay. Your OP is dangerously un-Woke. Please sit in the time-out chamber and contemplate your sins. And no, you may not take Saxum into the chamber with you.

I love Jay but I sure don’t like the choice of language … suggest changing it out of kindness to other board members.

(not an issue of “woke” but of common courtesy)

1 Like

He’s just mad because his surgeon couldn’t give him a finer, more sensitive palate. neener

Agree on the disappointment of the words chosen - something we would have used and laughed at 20 years ago, but now we have a better understanding of the very real issues, most avoid using it humorously.

[Olive branch removed]

Loved the post. Last week I hosted my first tasting since the pandemic started and we did a Turley Hayne PS vertical. Wines to make a British wine critic hide in the corner in the fetal position.

Who could say no to such a charming and eloquent invitation?!?!

Disgusting choice of title, Jay. You’re way better than that. I hope you never have to live the experience of having someone whom you love be afflicted by the terrible disease of anorexia; not only is anorexia a difficult disease to battle and beat from a medical perspective, but those who are so-battling also must swim against the current of shame, dismissiveness, and “humor” of the sort you chose to employ here while engaging in said battle.

If you wish to hear about what it’s like to have someone you love be anorexic, you are welcome and encouraged to reach-out to me, either publicly or privately.

If you wish to re-think, and edit, your choice of words, then great — bygones can be bygones.

If you wish to stand by your “humor,” after giving it more thought (or not), then — well, that’s your prerogative, and my estimation of you as a human being will take a hard 180.

2 Likes

Fucked up title for a thread.

1 Like

I’ll come. We can discuss the national debt.

Who you calling wimps. A real wine drinker would drink young Vintage Ports with his steak. neener
It’s actually quite a good combination.

The choice of title is from a T-shirt I was given as a gift. I will not say who gave it to me because I will take the hit for the snowflakes who are offended by the use of a term in a manner not directed at or otherwise even my implication intended to insult anyone other than AFWEs. Should it be considered rude to refer to the tropic of cancer because someone might be sick with cancer?
Commedy is Dead.PNG

1 Like

Been there, done that, but I am now a medically-induced diabetic so I really must reduce my Port intake. Too bad, because I have some very good ones.