Falltacular 2021

Hello to the Falltacular family. It’s been a helluva year for so many, driven by the election dynamics, economic conditions, and probably most of all as it pertains to Falltacular, the COVID spread.Each person in the Falltacular family has felt some impact, some greater than others, and for that, Jill and I both say we feel your challenges too, and we know it’s been hard.

2012 would be our 15th anniversary year, and I know many of you would be looking forward to attending, and you’d be starting to think about the details for what would normally be a February event. After consulting with our Margaret Bayston and Andrea McCallister of Laura’s House, we have decided to postpone the event until the Fall of 2021. I don’t imagine this delay will be of surprise to you but we wanted to get out in front of it. We don’t feel we can put on the event safely and comfortably in light of COVID. I respect the varied opinions about the virus and how each person chooses to behave in response to it but for us, the delay seems appropriate.

So many of you have poured your hearts, money and time into making the event what it is, raising close to $500,000 for Laura’s House since Falltacular began back in 2007. We’ll continue on in the Fall, probably with some changes to the event, as the delay gives me time now to think about your feedback over the past few years, how to manage the event’s success and keep the event thriving and meaningful. For now, just now that Jill, Margaret, Andrea appreciate all of you, your ongoing support and we want everyone to stay safe, healthy, and at their best during these times.\

God bless, and to all, THANK YOU. Note…if you have questions, please email me to drfm3@cox.net. I can then aggregate the questions and provide a single post/update back to everyone rather than piecemeal replies that are less effective.

I’ll pencil it into our schedule. Thanks for the updateFrank!

Great minds think alike. The Wine, Beer and Spirits Law Committee of the Business Law Section of the New York State Bar Association (guess who is the chair) has decided to publish a quarterly Alcohol Law Newsletter. Just about an hour ago, I wrote a sidebar to go with a photo of the garage auction at the 2020 event. I thought it was 10 years, not 15, and I will fix that, but here is my working draft. Please fill in the blank. It’s not that I want to embarrass the NY State Liquor Authority into giving me a permit, but if the shoe fits . . .

Every year for the past 10 years, there has been a fundraiser for a battered women’s shelter in Southern California at which small production wineries donate wine and guests make contributions to the shelter in order to try the wines and meet the winemakers and winery owners. Other participants donate wines to a silent auction, pictured above. The 2020 renewal was in mid-February, just sneaking under the COVID-19 wire. The event raised $______________ for the shelter. The New York SLA has refused permission for a similar event in New York and will not issue a one day permit._

Here is the photo, formatted as a tall narrow insert into the sidebar.
auction wines.jpg

Falltacular once again being held IN THE FALL!!! It took a global pandemic to make it happen, but hopefully it’s gonna happen!!!

Where you been? Hope all is well.

FALL = CRUSH TIME

Plus, shipping wine weather wise may still be questionable.

I’m stoked. The fall dates will work for me but the winter dates always conflict with Snowboarding.

While I seldom agree with anyone (Todd?), Falltacular in February was always weird. However, it is obvious that unless Frank (Jill??) could arrange a vaccination event in conjunction with Springtacular, it is a real Falltacular for us this year.
So far, and pre-vaccine, I have self-medicated by keeping a blood alcohol content well above viral survival. Mine sometimes as well - like chemo.
Be sane everyone.
Eldon

Excited to take part once again. As Greg pointed out above Fall = Harvest and therefore the number of winemakers who may be able to be there in person might be diminished, but all in all, it’s great to have it back in the FALL!!!

Cheers

Do you have a date yet? We’re planning to go to Brunson’s Offline-o-rama in Charleston the first weekend in November and make a vacation of it, so I’m trying to figure out how to plan my west coast swing as part of our emergence from the plague.

Folks, I don’t want to create confusion. So, to avoid that, please click the link below to be taken to the 2012 Falltacular thread where I am posting event information and updates. Thank you.

Todd/Moderators…if you end up seeing this post, please lock this thread. Thank you.

FIFY [grin.gif]