Older Ridge Vineyards SF Marina, June 20 2021, 3:15 PM, bring a bottle, See First Post for updates

Are you used to attending up to all three of the Ridge Assemblage Weekends (March April May) and bringing your older Ridges to picnics, while Eric Baugher walks around with Monte Bello three liters?

Here’s a weak substitute.

Very informal, stand up or sit down, order or bring food or don’t. Bring glasses.

3:15 PM free, bring older Ridge, San Francisco on the water in the Marina. Sunday June 20. Cost: $20 tip goes directly to the staff per person, bring cash.

Address Golden Gate Yacht Club, One Yacht Road. Free parking within 100 yards, rarely full unless there’s an event.

You must bring an older Ridge wine, 2004 or earlier (I would prefer to make it 1999 or earlier but that’s too hard on people). I mean must; not fair to those who do bring, because these wines, the zins and petites and ATP’s, are becoming rare and pricey. Buy one from a friend or attendee at market value if you have to. Don’t ask to bring a non-Ridge or sparkling wine “instead” (Champagne in addition to, not instead of, your older Ridge is welcome).

The event will be free except for the $20 tip. Bring wine, stemware, potluck appetizers or dishes welcome but optional. No hoarding your wine for this particular gathering. It goes on a separate wine table, not hidden in your bag between pours for your friends, no holding your bottle all day.

Post here or PM.

George

Let me check my calendar.

Interested, though that’s harvest season.

Combining weather (is late October too cold? beginning of September too hot which for me is worse?) and harvest considerations can you identify a good window?

While you’re checking, just an FYI. By then, drinking wine at ten AM in your jammies won’t be acceptable any more, especially in a park. Actually who knows, people seem to be hoping this era will lead to permanent lifestyle changes.

Harvest starts mid to late August. September is busiest. October is moderate. Maybe something will come in as late as November. Then there are press days… Depends who all I end up working for.

Summer, at a venue that’s not too hot would be best for me. Either mid-June, between the Final Assemblage and 4th of July, or mid-July to mid-August.

For June, I’m not willing to organize something that soon and then have to cancel, too likely to be illegal. Let’s make it August 10 to October 30.

George I have to say, if the plague has passed by then Winfred and I will be there as long as long it’s a weekend. You’ll have to sell me something because I don’t own any Ridge, or perhaps you’ll let us buy our way in with food/dessert…

I’ll sell you each a bottle. I’ll bring the bottles to you at the event. You buy them. I’ll PM you the cost. Would there generally be more interest on a Saturday or on a Sunday? Start time 2 pm.

More importantly, hi to you both.

Count Ali and me in.

Hope you and yours are keeping well [cheers.gif]

Saturday better for us in general

Thank you for organizing!!

I’m interested. I’ll look into sourcing a bottle or if I’m unsuccessful, perhaps I can purchase one from you. Given the outlook for CA and the info I’m getting from from my journalist daughter who is covering the virus full-time, I bet we’re still SIP through June.

Count Laura and me in. Should be enough time to acquire two bottles, otherwise I’d like to buy them from someone attending, if possible

George - Jill and I would both like to attend. We have some older Ridge wines that meet your criteria. If someone has specific bottles they really want to see make an appearance, we are happy to fund the purchase of those instead - or as well. It just looks like a recipe for fun!

Also, just to toss out suggestions - the Patriot Corner at Shoup Park in Los Altos might meet your criteria. Centrally located, free parking, restrooms, can be reserved in advance, grills, prep areas, picnic tables, etc. They do allow alcohol - but with a permit I believe. We must have someone capable of filling our city government forms in this group! :wink: More info at: https://www.losaltosca.gov/recreation/page/patriot-corner-picnic-area-shoup-park

Sounds good, I’ll do a drive-by before August. I don’t know parks north of Saratoga. Yours is better located.

I’m in… Anytime, Any Place.

Won a couple of auctions on WineBid today so I’m good to go!

I’m in as long as it doesn’t fall between Sep 5-20. My old Ridge wines that I picked up over the winter have been waiting for an event like this one!

End of Sept would be perfect except harvest for a couple of folks I’d miss