Preliminary Inquiry - Lipitor Dinner for the kids who didn't make it to the big dance. Dana Point, 2/21/2020

Due to space limitations, the Falltacular kickoff dinner is oversubscribed. Since I am suffering from the DTs as a result of not having organized an offline in at least a week, I am inquiring as to whether there is interest for the wallflowers who got left out of the big dance to have dinner together at a restaurant in Dana Point that serves New York Style food, like steak and thick slabs of bacon and creamed spinach (I am sorry that we will ruin the cream by adding a vegetable to it) and fried onions and similar fare. Or anything else you want because we can just order off the menu. I need to find a restaurant that will allow BYOB and has at least some red meat, although I suppose we could do a fish and seafood place if people prefer, because I will eat almost anything that does not have olives in it and will allow me to avoid sugar and other carbs.

Any interest? Any suggestions for a location? I notice that there is a Denny’s just around the corner from Frank’s dinner that night and we could always meet there, get appropriately lubricated, and crash Frank’s party. NO, I would not do that and this whole thing IS NOT a criticism of Frank, who does a GREAT JOB organizing this event which I can really appreciate, having done a much lesser job myself a few times and almost killed myself doing it. Luckily, he is younger than I am.

Check Vine restaurant in San Clemente.

So this is sort of like the children’s table at Thanksgiving?

I might be able to join you and drag my friend Jeff along who pobega met and can vouch for

You have friends? [stirthepothal.gif]

I am interested. I was too late to sign up for the dinner.
I am open to any style of food and can bring wines to “match” - and by that I mean the wines that Jay would approve with such high levels of alcohol you can set a match to them.

I can certainly vouch for Jeff but not sure I am able to vouch for Jay at this time…
:slight_smile:

Jeff who? I have Ian on ignore because he prides himself on heckling and making no meaningful contribution, so if he mentioned Jeff, you’ll have to enlighten me.

Never mind. I see the Jeff reference now.

Jeff is my drinking buddy. Not an online forum kind of guy but salt of earth lover of young Napa Cabs kind of guy

Jay, all jokes aside (why? [cheers.gif]) this is a good crowd. You’ll enjoy and eat and drink well.

Friend Jeff said he’d love to as long as his work day doesn’t run late. Pushing dinner to 7 would likely help if that works for others. I should be fine earlier or later. Possibly could grab another wino friend or two. All good guys, just don’t do online thing. Can ask around

Sorry guys, but the waiting list or the main event has been used up and the big dance beckons, so I’ll probably have to cancel and we’ll have to wait until you come to the Big Apple for me to share some SQN that I was dared to open that night.

No worries and glad you got in. Just wanted to make sure you had plans worthy of having made the trip. See ya Saturday

Yes, true to NY form, your HOST cancels on the entire lot of you because he got an invite to the very dinner he was formerly shunned from, which caused the creation of this event for all you 2nd tier wannabes. Ah yes, the essence of being a NYC Berserker on full display! [stirthepothal.gif] neener Like or dislike me, you have to admit that Jay is truly displaying the behaviour of an outright bell end to forsake you all at the last minute because he got the call-up to the Big Dance.

*The title needs to be amended to reflect the current screwing Jay laid on all of you proles.

It’s CA and blowing off plans for the BBD* is a way of life out here. He set this up because he got closed out due to space limitations. Truth be told I and likely others don’t need a big night of drinking the night before but would gladly step up to keep a good guy making the long trip out here company. Not a problem, saves me a drive, simplifies my life. I’ll be fine drinking with my regular Friday crew

*Bigger, Better Deal

Ian you’re a d*"che

I’ll gladly accept that moniker for calling out a bigger d*"che. [cheers.gif] I am, after all, wearing the black hat officially now. Jay dropped you all like a bad habit as soon as he became unsnubbed, or as you say he BBDed all of you. [snort.gif]

You give yourself too much credit. You’re simply a d*!che and a poor attempt at replacing the BDOAT

I trust that you are referring to Ian, who I put on ignore because makes no useful contribution. I recommend that others do the same.

Affirmative counselor

I concur.