Denver Offline - 2/29

We have a few interested in doing an offline tasting for Denver area folks on Saturday, February 29th. Say 6 PM. Tentative theme is Rhone. My wife Christine and I will host, we’re in Observatory Park near DU. We can squeeze up to 12 around our dinner table. We’ll do a pot luck dinner and we’ll provide the main dish, probably something like Beef Bourguignon or short ribs, and can also provide for some cheeses for warm up. Would like to start with some lighter wines with appetizers, then the big hitters with dinner. I’ll update this as we hear from more folks:

Attendees:
Hosts: Chip and Christine: French cheese, main dish (short ribs?), Domaine de la Mordorée Reine des Bois Rosé (Tavel), '11 or '12 Janasse CdP Vieilles Vignes (or maybe an earlier Beaucastel like '95 or '01 or an '04 Pégau, depending on what others are bringing or are interested in).
Donn: 1990 Vieux Donjon magnum. Side TBD
Mel Hill and wife: thinking Pégau 2003 and a TBD second bottle.

Please post if you’re interested in attending and what you will bring food and wine-wise. I will send address by PM when the date approaches.

Cheers!

My wife and I are in!
Wine wise, I’m thinking Pégau 2003 and a TBD second bottle. Happy to bring a salad or something else, I can’t think of anything at the moment but will follow this thread and fill in where needed.

Update: we are sticking with the 29th for our Denver Rhône tasting. Contact me if interested or post here.

Two weeks away and we have a third couple, friends of Donn, Ben and Sarai.

We will have a Mushroom truffle risotto and braised short ribs for main dish.

We could use:
Salad
Vegetable side dish (Northern Rhone is favorable to roasted vegetables)
Dessert
Contributions to starters

Mel - if you’d like to PM me your email maybe you, Ken and I can narrow down the wines. I’ll have a Tavel Rose, old-ish CdP but also have options for Gidondas and Lirac red. Could probably use a white.

Sorry we can’t join but have our annual kid free ski weekend in aspen. Have fun!

Short ribs sounds amazing