NYC: Thurs., 2/27 6:45 PM Kochi - Wines to match 9 course tasting

The theme is wine selected around food focused dinner. $75 pre-fixe 9 course tasting menu. Asian fusion. Lends itself to Old and New world wines Burgundy/PN, Syrah, Rhone blends, etc. May lend itself to some Italian reds. (Majority of 6 courses are appetizers, fish, chicken, 2 are pork and beef, 1 is dessert)
Wine stems are pretty good.

Thurs., Feb 26 at 6:45 pm

1. Julie (may be a couple mins late) - 2017 Bernaudeau Blanc Les Ongles & 2015 Peay Scallop Shelf And/or othr PN.
  2. Diane - 2010 Boxler Sommerberg Riesling
  3. Tony - 2008 Passopisciaro Contrada Sciaranuova
  4. Julius - 2002 Corbone Champagne, 2001 Poderi Aldo Conterno Barolo Reserva Granbussia, 2016 Glinavos Paleokerisio Orange Wine
  5. Rich - 2014 Foillard Morgan and 2013 Stony Hill Semillon

Just wanted to chime in here and say the food is SO GOOD.

Not for me unfortunately!

We are currently not able to accommodate vegan, vegetarian, celiac diets as well as any allium allergies. Aversions to meat, shellfish, seafood, dairy, nut or gluten can be accommodated with a day of notice in advance. Please inquire if you have any allergies or dietary restriction

Sorry about that. I forgot. They do accommodate gluten to an extent, sub regular flour with potato starch or flour with a little notice (but usually you need to book way out. A month or two). I forgot about the gluten in soy sauce is hard to avoid; and that’s not gluten friendly. — can always try food/wine pairing at another place. Feel free to recommend or create an offline. (May retire this offline planning hat. I may be better suited as a attendee.)

Going there in a couple weeks for first time. What is byo/corkage policy?

What is your theme?

Interesting offline.
Googled and some courses may pose a challenge.

I’m interested in whatever you come up with.

Mike: Wines that don’t suck… (j/k). Theme: Wines that pair with the Korean tasting course dinner. Basically doesn’t clash with Asian food -aka soy sauce. Included are veggie dishes, beef, fish, through dessert.
The theme could get narrower if the group wants to Burgundies/Loire/Beaujolais, or CA wines , Syrahs, World wines, was trying to make it as accessible as possible but perhaps that makes it less useful or interesting.

Paul: don’t want to steer you wrong, best to check with the restaurant direct on corkage.
Ramon: last time I went brought a 2010 Chardonnay and a 2012 Pinot Noir and it seemed to work with the courses. Thought I would leave it up to group to come up with what they would like. Could even pair or team as a group and just bring a 2-5 bottles. What courses are challenging?

[https://wineimport.discoursehosting.net/t/korean-food-matching-not-korean-bbq/148460/66)

So far there appears to be a spark of interest from Mike, Ramon and Tom.

I would be interested depending on the date.

I’d be interested depending on the date. West side is much better for me coming from NJ

Ha, I like your style!!!

Date?

Sounds interesting. Have heard great things about the restaurant. Would be interested as well, date dependent.

Okay, for those interested, please let me know if Tues., 2/18 at 6:45 PM works for you. Otherwise, please send an email or propose alternative dates. We can setup 2 if there is an oversubscription to the first date. Need to get an idea of Month and day of week that works for people. Thanks!

I’m sorry, but I would not be available on a Tuesday.

That week is out for me
The following week would be better

Done. Got feb 26th. That works better for Diane as well. I’ll join if there is room at the end. Have 2 reservations. For Tues feb 18th and Weds., feb 26th. times are slightly different. will probably take 25 deposits when the time gets closer since reservations can’t be cancelled or modified without penalty a couple of days before the reservation date.

I can’t do Wednesday’s but would be in for 2/18.

Boy, am I confused. Sure, I’m a bit dull but between this thread and clicking on the link a ways back… I just wanna drink wine, sign me up. Surprise me.

Cannot make a Wednesday and the date of 02/18 my son is off from school and I win dad of the week award. Would have liked to make it.