NYC: Aubert (Postponed) in Midtown

Aubert Chardonnays Tasting - [Postponed] Tbd at Greek restaurant (targeting Midtown), negotiating corkage. If the corkage can’t get negotiated will go to another Greek restaurant without corkage or other venue with no/low corkage. Big thanks Jay for cellaring 2008 and willingness to share. Will finalize the line up soon.

So far the group is:

1. Julie
  2. Jay & Rebecca
  3. Tom
  4. Clifton - 2015 Sugar Shack
  5. Jonathan
  6. Mike (tentative)
  7. Colleen & Allen

Always room at the table. I will be working with Jay to source the bottles between his cellar, my spring allocation and as needed retail purchases. If you don’t have a bottle, one can be sourced for you and we will average out the costs to be as fair as possible.

Previous note: Aubert allocations Jan 14, and if there is sufficient interest then would like to purchase 1 of each for the tasting. I have Kistler also. If you don’t have a bottle, I can supply one and provide it to you at the going release price probably around $100.

Hi Julie,

I’m interested and would like to purchase a bottle from you. Thanks, Tom

I have lots of Aubert and would be interested but I am at Falltacular st the end of February and will be in China for the middle of March. If you do it after about March 25, I’m game.

I might be interested as well depending on the date. Will have to buy a bottle off you.

Not sure who else is interested, please let me know if March 30th works for you. I am purchasing extra bottles tomorrow at the release for this tasting. If anyone else is interested and would need a bottle purchased on their behalf for the tasting, please lmk. (Also if you have a preference for vineyard location of the chardonnay). Thanks.

I am interested. We were just looking at our Aubert collection this past weekend and although my Cellartracker list needs some updating, it appears that we have two of each of four different 2008s, so we shoul dbe ablke to provide some stuff with some age on it.

Thanks Jay. You rock! Looks like we will have a good crew - 5 people. Tom, et al. Let’s pick a good place to pair with the Chardonnay’s. Please PM the group with recommendations. It’s going to be good.

Julie I will be happy to attend if I am welcome .Sorry for response earlier to other dinner. I do not have Aubert but am available and midtown works well, as getting dumped by Lyft driver three blocks away from Wu’s last time was lousy and stressful finding the place. Or if it’s ok in lieu of Aubert, I could bring a superb Champagne.

Jonathan, glad you can join this dinner. I’ll keep you posted on whether have have a bottle of aubert for purchase or if you can bring the champagne. Preference is to join in the bottle purchase… depends on the timing for bottle sourcing.

March 30 sounds good. It’s early so hopefully we can continue advertising for more people.

Hello all, location is Kellari Tavern pending corkage confirm. Otherwise another Greek rest in midtown.
Tentative lineup is:

• 2008 Lauren
  • 2008 Reuling
  • 2015 Sugar Shack
  • 2009 Ritchie
  • 2013 Larry and Hyde
  • 2016 Eastside

Additional interested Wb’s are welcome. If anyone who has expressed interest have changed plans, please let me know. Thanks!

Curious about Kellari Corkage. I believe it is $35/bottle but never did a larger group or sought a group discount. Another midtown option to have in the stable!

Nope, it’s a one time deal potentially due to a relationship. Not a regular thing. (I may remove the restaurant names going forward. =). Same deal at the other restaurant I am trying to do an offline at.

I did not see that it will be at Kellari. Excellent choice for an Aubert dinner. As you heard from my wife last night, we have a conflict, but if this goes on another day, I’m in, except for 4/15, when I have to be on a securities law panel teaching ethics that night. Now that you’ve spit your food, clean it off the screen and reschedule. I do not know if you can grab the back room there, but it look like it would be perfect for an OL.

Good to reschedule [cheers.gif]

thanks jay and clifton for getting the rescheduling started. Jay’s wife Rebecca can probably join us if we are able to make it one of the following days.
Mon 3/23 - backup date (Jay and Rebecca available)
Tues 3/24 - Date works best for Clifton, Jay, and Rebecca

Thought is to focus on the Aubert Chardonnay’s. I believe that Rebecca may bring a Aubert Pinot Noir well so that we have a red to end with. I’ll bring a red PN as well or bring a champagne starter.

Trying to finalize date to Tuesday, 3/24. Please lmk if there are others interested. Aubert chardonnay, pinot noir, and some other surprises.

Hi Julie, am interested for 3/24 but can’t promise attendance yet.

I’m in for either 3/23 or 3/24.

My fellow New Yorker wb aubert friends, in an abundance of caution, feeling it best to postpone this wb offline event until cv is known to be contained in ny. Logistically, date chosen may be the best for some of you. Hopefully, once things calm down, we can find a date that will work for this group. So torn since I also wanted to support local businesses.

More than being worried about any real health concerns with this event. I feel a weight to follow the guidance of our local officials and what we have seen work in other communities - to give up a little personal freedom to support our nations well-being. In the spirit of giving something up personal to support something communal - social distancing.

If you feel comfortable, maybe we could have a virtual tasting that data via video conference - or post a photo of a wine that we opened on 3/24/2020? If this is something that is of interest. Let me know via posting or pm. Since we are in the area, I think i have enough time to send a bottle of aubert to you if you don’t have one.

Option 1: Postponed offline until we can meet in person
Option 2: virtual offline, open aubert
Option 3: virtual offline, open any wine or bev.