Burt Williams Appreciation Dinner Chicago Thu Jan 23

Hey folks,

Let’s not restrict the love and respect to the coasts. Williams Selyem represents my largest cellar holding, albeit pickings from 1997 and earlier aren’t substantial. Nonetheless, now-ish, in honor and respect of Burt, seems like as good a time as any to crack a few.

I suspect there’s very little Burt-era Selyem in folks cellars, so i’ll stake a bunch for this. Will dig around, but am thinking:
1992 RRV Zinfandel (this was all Leno Martinelli Jackass Hill)
1993 Ferrington
1993 Cohn
1993 Rochioli
1996 Olivet Lane
1997 Rochioli Riverblock
1997 Allen
1997 Coastlands

If folks have any Burt Era Williams Selyem wines, please go ahead and bring. If not, maybe champagne? seems from Blake’s posts that champagne and Burt wines was a bit of a tradition.

Date Confirmed for Thu Jan 23. Venue is S.K.Y.

Who’s in? (let’s limit to 8)
Clayton
Jeff
Keith
Jordan
Adam
Scott M
Steve
Scott N
Louie

Count me in!

I’m in!

Great Idea Clayton.Yes please count me in as well. Don’t have any in my cellar but happy to bring bubbles.

Count me in !

Cool, started guest list in the original post. Will wait for any other interest before getting a poll on dates out.

I’d be interested in joining you, Clayton.

Andrew Moldenhauer and Kristy Wenz are interested depending on the date

Very nice. Good initial list of wines with all of those from 97 and older being really good at this time especially the 97 Allen. Enjoy

In depending on date.

Very interested. I’m a latecomer to WS but it was the winery that bit me with the wine bug. I’d be honored to attend. Most my WS wines are post 2011 but I certainly have champagne to share.

Mike, excited to see you there, your champagne expertise is always welcome in my book.

Bump.

Clayton, how does the middle of the week of the 13th look or the middle of the week on the 18th look? I’d be more than happy to reach out to SKY to set this up.

Remember that Burt made 2 wines under his vineyard ranch name in 2008 and 2009. The Morning Dew Ranch Jans Cuvee Anderson Valley Pinot Noir was great and his final wine; the 08, although good, had smoke taint from the nearby fires.
DC42EAF4-B45B-4613-AFD1-7AD5A9A1209F_1_201_a.jpeg

Sorry about the slow update… I’m traveling in New Zealand at the moment.

Keith that makes sense on timing and agreed SKY would be a great choice.

I’ll get a poll out tomorrow to lock in date.

Hey all,

Just sent poll. I suspect we won’t find a date that works for EVERYONE but we’ll try to accommodate most.

Clayton

where’s the poll?

Hi all,

We are going to go with Thu Jan 23 at S.K.Y.

Please confirm your attendance.

Clayton

Jordan I thought I included you but it’s possible I made a mistake as I am between several countries.
My sincere apologies if I missed you and the set date doesn’t work.

I’ll bring a Champagne, Clayton.