Burt Williams dinner, SF Peninsula Divino Restaurant, Feb 26

Announcements and planning of Offline events
Message
Author
George Chadwick
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 3384
Joined: July 7th, 2009, 9:33 pm

Burt Williams dinner, SF Peninsula Divino Restaurant, Feb 26

#1 Post by George Chadwick » December 12th, 2019, 6:11 pm

Burt Williams, co-founder and winemaker of Williams Selyem (previously Hacienda del Rio) through the 1997 vintage, just passed away. I organized a Burt-era WS dinner about a year ago and the wines were in great shape. Let's drink the rest of my Burt Williams WS's, a good time to do so.

Wednesday night Feb 26 6:30 Divino restaurant in Belmont not far from SF Airport..

Who is bringing what

1-2.Burt's daughters:
Katie
Katie bringing magnum of 1995 WS Summa!
Margi
Margi bringing magnum of 2006 Brogan Morning Dew Ranch!

3-4. Blake Brown + Roelanda
Magnum of 2009 Cristal
1986 (!) WS Sonoma County
1995 WS Hirsch
1992 WS "RRV" (actually Leno Martinelli) Zin

5-6. George C + 1
bringing 11 Williams Family wines

Brogan:
2002 Summa
2005 My Father's Vineyard

Seven Lions:
2000 RRV Pinot, Butch and David's Knoll Wes Cameron Vineyard

Burt's Williams Selyem:
93, 94, 95, 97 Rochioli
94, 95 Allen
97 Sonoma Coast
97 Allen Chardonnay

7-8. Mark S + Jill
1991 SCM Pinot, beakers, and an old chard or cash

9. Jonathan S
Early 1990's Selyem (which?), 2008 Dom

10. Larry S
Champagne

11. Alan R
1995 Old Hill

12. Wes B
1999 Seven Lions Zin RRV Martinelli and Duckhorn 125 year old vines (146 now); beakers?

13. Sean S
1995 David Bruce Chalone Pinot and 98 ME Estate Chard

14. ER P
1997 Dehlinger RRV Pinot; backup Champagne

15. Jesse C
1992 Old Hill magnum

16. Andy K
Dom 2008 or cash

That's sixteen people, one and a half ounces per person for a 750ml. Beaker time.

Wait list:

Andrew T
Ian A
Glenn L
Kurt B
Robert C
Lisa P
David S

Withdrew:

Craig G
R Frankel
Mike S
Eric L
Last edited by George Chadwick on February 21st, 2020, 4:44 pm, edited 92 times in total.

Mark Sutherland
Posts: 19
Joined: June 18th, 2009, 10:36 am

Re: Goodbye Burt Williams dinner, SF Peninsula, Feb or March

#2 Post by Mark Sutherland » December 12th, 2019, 10:11 pm

George - Sounds great. Jill Bibo and I would like to join you for this celebration. We have a number of wines that meet your criteria and will sort through the cellar to offer up some specific options over the holidays. As for dates, Feb 4 and Mar 3, 17 and 24 would be out for us, but all other Tuesdays in Feb or Mar work well. Most Weds also work well! Thanks!

George Chadwick
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 3384
Joined: July 7th, 2009, 9:33 pm

Re: Goodbye Burt Williams dinner, SF Peninsula, Feb or March

#3 Post by George Chadwick » December 12th, 2019, 10:42 pm

Mark thanks. Wednesdays are a possibility. I now sit back and wait for a consensus on date.

George Chadwick
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 3384
Joined: July 7th, 2009, 9:33 pm

Re: Goodbye Burt Williams dinner, SF Peninsula, Feb or March

#4 Post by George Chadwick » December 12th, 2019, 10:49 pm

....
Last edited by George Chadwick on December 13th, 2019, 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Craig G
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 15573
Joined: March 6th, 2011, 10:57 am
Location: Town of Cats

Re: Goodbye Burt Williams dinner, SF Peninsula, Feb or March

#5 Post by Craig G » December 12th, 2019, 10:54 pm

I’ll join if possible. Might have to source something.

Mark, good to see you post here!
“You need to look down to the bottom shelf where they keep the Fighting Cock” — Corey N.

C. Gle@son

Mark Sutherland
Posts: 19
Joined: June 18th, 2009, 10:36 am

Re: Goodbye Burt Williams dinner, SF Peninsula, Feb or March

#6 Post by Mark Sutherland » December 12th, 2019, 11:05 pm

Thanks Craig... I am a sometimes visitor but very infrequent poster - esp. for someone who came over from Squires and joined WB in 2009! LOL!

Mark Sutherland
Posts: 19
Joined: June 18th, 2009, 10:36 am

Re: Goodbye Burt Williams dinner, SF Peninsula, Feb or March

#7 Post by Mark Sutherland » December 12th, 2019, 11:09 pm

George Chadwick wrote:
December 12th, 2019, 10:42 pm
Mark thanks. Wednesdays are a possibility. I now sit back and wait for a consensus on date.
Thanks George. Getting consensus on dates is a tough one, so I will understand whatever you choose. We are good for all Weds in Feb and Mar except Mar 18 and 25. For those dates, you can blame United Airlines for putting their SFO to London flights on sale for 16,500 miles each way during Cyber Monday. Couldn't pass up the deal!

Jonathan Sirot
Posts: 952
Joined: April 15th, 2011, 8:37 am

Re: Goodbye Burt Williams dinner, SF Peninsula, Feb or March

#8 Post by Jonathan Sirot » December 13th, 2019, 2:58 am

George
A big thank you for honoring Burt. His Pinot was the first that I ever tasted and still remember the experience vividly. The wine was so aromatic you could smell the aroma way before it reached your nose. I do still have a few of his wines from the early 90s. I was already planning to do an offline here in either CT or NYC. Hopefully I can garner the interest.

I sometimes travel for events, and yours will no doubt will be a great evening. So please put me down for one spot. Will combine a trip to San Fran with a little side jaunt off to a long postponed trip to Napa. I will bring an early 90s Williams & Selyem bottle, as well as a bottle of 08 Dom to toast Burt. I cant think of a better reason to open one of my favorites.
Last edited by Jonathan Sirot on December 13th, 2019, 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Larry Stein
Posts: 1843
Joined: April 17th, 2009, 2:27 pm
Location: Belmont CA

Re: Goodbye Burt Williams dinner, SF Peninsula, Feb or March

#9 Post by Larry Stein » December 13th, 2019, 6:04 am

George, please add me to the list. Your previous W-S dinner was a blast!

User avatar
AndyK
Posts: 340
Joined: February 17th, 2018, 4:29 pm
Location: San Francisco

Re: Goodbye Burt Williams dinner, SF Peninsula, Feb or March

#10 Post by AndyK » December 13th, 2019, 8:11 am

I'm interested, the last W-S dinner was indeed great! I have nothing that fits the theme, though. Can I bring bubbles (Champagne or CA)?

If so, count me in.
Last edited by AndyK on December 13th, 2019, 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
k0berl

User avatar
Larry Stein
Posts: 1843
Joined: April 17th, 2009, 2:27 pm
Location: Belmont CA

Re: Goodbye Burt Williams dinner, SF Peninsula, Feb or March

#11 Post by Larry Stein » December 13th, 2019, 8:14 am

Like Andy, I don't have any Pinot from the 90s. I can also bring Champagne or a dry Riesling (2001 Trimbach CFE).

User avatar
Alan Rath
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 20378
Joined: April 24th, 2009, 12:45 am
Location: Bay Area, CA. Sometimes out to lunch.

Re: Goodbye Burt Williams dinner, SF Peninsula, Feb or March

#12 Post by Alan Rath » December 13th, 2019, 8:27 am

Count me in. I'll carpool with Craig.
I'm just one lost soul, swimming in a fish bowl, year after year

User avatar
Blake Brown
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 6336
Joined: May 2nd, 2010, 11:17 pm
Location: Santa Barbara

Re: Goodbye Burt Williams dinner, SF Peninsula, Feb or March

#13 Post by Blake Brown » December 13th, 2019, 10:32 am

George, thank you so much for doing this. I'm thinking of doing a similar thing in Santa Barbara. I've done a couple of retrospectives for my dinner group and may do another one soon as well. I might be able to make yours and am happy to contribute from the large stash I have. Please keep me informed as to when and where.
Cheers
"In victory you deserve Champagne. In defeat, you need it".
Napolean Bonaparte

“Remember gentlemen, it’s not just France we are fighting for, it’s Champagne!” – Winston Churchill

R. Frankel
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1824
Joined: January 24th, 2014, 11:07 pm

Re: Goodbye Burt Williams dinner, SF Peninsula, Feb or March

#14 Post by R. Frankel » December 13th, 2019, 11:55 am

George, a worthy idea, and I’d like to participate if dates work.
Rich Frankel

George Chadwick
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 3384
Joined: July 7th, 2009, 9:33 pm

Re: Goodbye Burt Williams dinner, SF Peninsula, Feb or March

#15 Post by George Chadwick » December 13th, 2019, 12:10 pm

Blake Brown wrote:
December 13th, 2019, 10:32 am
George, thank you so much for doing this. I'm thinking of doing a similar thing in Santa Barbara. I've done a couple of retrospectives for my dinner group and may do another one soon as well. I might be able to make yours and am happy to contribute from the large stash I have. Please keep me informed as to when and where.
Cheers
Blake that would be great. I've enjoyed your Burt posts and I'm sorry about the loss of your good friend.

George Chadwick
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 3384
Joined: July 7th, 2009, 9:33 pm

Re: Goodbye Burt Williams dinner, SF Peninsula, Feb or March

#16 Post by George Chadwick » December 13th, 2019, 12:27 pm

Jonathan Sirot wrote:
December 13th, 2019, 2:58 am
George
A big thank you for honoring Burt. His Pinot was the first that I ever tasted and still remember the experience vividly. The wine was so aromatic you could smell the aroma way before it reached your nose. I do still have a few of his wines from the early 90s. I was already planning to do an offline here in either CT or NYC. Hopefully I can garner the interest.

I sometimes travel for events, and yours will no doubt will be a great evening. So please put me down for one spot. Will combine a trip to San Fran with a little side jaunt off to a long postponed trip to Napa. I will bring an early 90s Williams & Selyem bottle, as well as a bottle of 08 Dom to toast Burt. I cant think of a better reason to open one of my favorites.
That would be great Jonathan. I wonder if your WS dinner will be when I'm back East .

Wes Barton
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 3886
Joined: January 29th, 2009, 3:54 am

Re: Goodbye Burt Williams dinner, SF Peninsula, Feb or March

#17 Post by Wes Barton » December 13th, 2019, 12:43 pm

Count me in.
ITB - Useless lackey

"I've acquired enough wine to seduce an elephant." - Jennifer Robin

User avatar
Blake Brown
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 6336
Joined: May 2nd, 2010, 11:17 pm
Location: Santa Barbara

Re: Goodbye Burt Williams dinner, SF Peninsula, Feb or March

#18 Post by Blake Brown » December 13th, 2019, 1:37 pm

George Chadwick wrote:
December 13th, 2019, 12:10 pm
Blake Brown wrote:
December 13th, 2019, 10:32 am
George, thank you so much for doing this. I'm thinking of doing a similar thing in Santa Barbara. I've done a couple of retrospectives for my dinner group and may do another one soon as well. I might be able to make yours and am happy to contribute from the large stash I have. Please keep me informed as to when and where.
Cheers
Blake that would be great. I've enjoyed your Burt posts and I'm sorry about the loss of your good friend.
Ideally if the date works, a Wednesday is much better than a Tuesday and I'll need to stay over so recs for places to stay would be appreciated.

If I'm able to come, I have a lot of his wines and would be happy to coordinate with you as to what I can contribute.
"In victory you deserve Champagne. In defeat, you need it".
Napolean Bonaparte

“Remember gentlemen, it’s not just France we are fighting for, it’s Champagne!” – Winston Churchill

George Chadwick
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 3384
Joined: July 7th, 2009, 9:33 pm

Re: Goodbye Burt Williams dinner, SF Peninsula, Feb or March

#19 Post by George Chadwick » December 13th, 2019, 2:22 pm

Blake Brown wrote:
December 13th, 2019, 1:37 pm
George Chadwick wrote:
December 13th, 2019, 12:10 pm
Blake Brown wrote:
December 13th, 2019, 10:32 am
George, thank you so much for doing this. I'm thinking of doing a similar thing in Santa Barbara. I've done a couple of retrospectives for my dinner group and may do another one soon as well. I might be able to make yours and am happy to contribute from the large stash I have. Please keep me informed as to when and where.
Cheers
Blake that would be great. I've enjoyed your Burt posts and I'm sorry about the loss of your good friend.
Ideally if the date works, a Wednesday is much better than a Tuesday and I'll need to stay over so recs for places to stay would be appreciated.

If I'm able to come, I have a lot of his wines and would be happy to coordinate with you as to what I can contribute.
The Inn at Los Gatos is best, and is walking distance, a nice mile through town. But Silicon Valley is the opposite of tourist places: rooms here cost double during the week.

User avatar
Sean_S
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 860
Joined: July 10th, 2016, 9:30 pm
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains, CA

Re: Goodbye Burt Williams dinner, SF Peninsula, Feb or March

#20 Post by Sean_S » December 13th, 2019, 5:57 pm

I'm down
CT: Seanwsmithm3
Santa Cruz Mountains, CA

2020 WOTY Candidates
1994 Ravenswood Petite Sirah Sonoma County
1995 Williams Selyem Pinot Noir Summa Vineyard

User avatar
Mike Stoneking
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1862
Joined: January 30th, 2009, 6:30 pm
Location: Ventura, CA

Re: Goodbye Burt Williams dinner, SF Peninsula, Feb or March

#21 Post by Mike Stoneking » December 13th, 2019, 6:34 pm

Add me to this George. I can bring some of the early Ravenswood Zins that were just released.
ITB..............Someone has to drink all this damn wine.
Viva Berserkers!!

J e s s e C
Posts: 108
Joined: June 13th, 2011, 4:39 pm

Re: Goodbye Burt Williams dinner, SF Peninsula, Feb or March

#22 Post by J e s s e C » December 13th, 2019, 10:43 pm

Interested subject to final date. Thanks!
j c h e n g

User avatar
ERPark
Posts: 3375
Joined: March 7th, 2015, 6:48 am

Re: Goodbye Burt Williams dinner, SF Peninsula, Feb or March

#23 Post by ERPark » December 13th, 2019, 11:51 pm

If there’s space, I’d like to attend.
GEN3

Eric Lundblad
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness
Posts: 1792
Joined: January 28th, 2009, 2:36 pm

Re: Goodbye Burt Williams dinner, SF Peninsula, Feb or March

#24 Post by Eric Lundblad » December 14th, 2019, 12:34 pm

Great idea...I'd love to attend!
Ladd Cellars
Winemaker & Owner

User avatar
ATaylor
Posts: 1053
Joined: December 21st, 2012, 2:44 pm
Location: San Carlos, CA/Ceresito, Italy

Re: Goodbye Burt Williams dinner, SF Peninsula, Feb or March

#25 Post by ATaylor » December 15th, 2019, 2:21 pm

Only just saw but if there is room
@ndrew

Ian Alper
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 292
Joined: May 7th, 2012, 1:56 pm

Re: Goodbye Burt Williams dinner, SF Peninsula, Feb or March

#26 Post by Ian Alper » December 15th, 2019, 6:40 pm

Please add me as a maybe depending on the final date. The last one was an eye opener. I think I still have few older SC Mt. Pinots with some age on them. I will have to crawl around and check.

User avatar
Glenn L e v i n e
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 19417
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 6:16 pm
Location: Coos Bay, OR

Re: Goodbye Burt Williams dinner, SF Peninsula, Feb or March

#27 Post by Glenn L e v i n e » December 15th, 2019, 9:58 pm

I fly in for this if it’s not around V-day. I have a couple of Allen and I think a Hirsch that are 97 or older.
"Never lose sight of the fact that it is just fermented grape juice" - a winemaker and negotiant in Napa Valley, CA

User avatar
Kurt B e i t l e r
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness
Posts: 171
Joined: February 21st, 2013, 2:31 pm
Location: Occidental, CA

Re: Goodbye Burt Williams dinner, SF Peninsula, Feb or March

#28 Post by Kurt B e i t l e r » December 19th, 2019, 10:16 pm

George,
It’d be a pleasure to attend if a slot avails.
Kurt
ITB
http://www.bohemewines.com

User avatar
Blake Brown
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 6336
Joined: May 2nd, 2010, 11:17 pm
Location: Santa Barbara

Re: Goodbye Burt Williams dinner, SF Peninsula, Feb or March

#29 Post by Blake Brown » December 31st, 2019, 10:23 am

Remember that Burt made 2 wines under his vineyard ranch name in 2008 and 2009. The Morning Dew Ranch Jan`s Cuvee Anderson Valley Pinot Noir was great and his final wine; the 08`, although good, had smoke taint from the nearby fires.
DC42EAF4-B45B-4613-AFD1-7AD5A9A1209F_1_201_a.jpeg
"In victory you deserve Champagne. In defeat, you need it".
Napolean Bonaparte

“Remember gentlemen, it’s not just France we are fighting for, it’s Champagne!” – Winston Churchill

robert creth
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 754
Joined: December 26th, 2012, 7:36 am
Location: San Jose

Re: Goodbye Burt Williams dinner, SF Peninsula, Feb or March

#30 Post by robert creth » December 31st, 2019, 6:43 pm

Could you add me to wait list?

George Chadwick
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 3384
Joined: July 7th, 2009, 9:33 pm

Re: Goodbye Burt Williams dinner, SF Peninsula, Feb or March

#31 Post by George Chadwick » January 1st, 2020, 3:25 pm

Blake Brown wrote:
December 31st, 2019, 10:23 am
Remember that Burt made 2 wines under his vineyard ranch name in 2008 and 2009. The Morning Dew Ranch Jan`s Cuvee Anderson Valley Pinot Noir was great and his final wine; the 08`, although good, had smoke taint from the nearby fires.DC42EAF4-B45B-4613-AFD1-7AD5A9A1209F_1_201_a.jpeg
Yes I might bring a Morning Dew from him and one from his daughter (Brogan "My Father's Vineyard") from 2008.

User avatar
Blake Brown
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 6336
Joined: May 2nd, 2010, 11:17 pm
Location: Santa Barbara

Re: Goodbye Burt Williams dinner, SF Peninsula, Feb or March

#32 Post by Blake Brown » January 2nd, 2020, 7:46 am

George Chadwick wrote:
January 1st, 2020, 3:25 pm
Blake Brown wrote:
December 31st, 2019, 10:23 am
Remember that Burt made 2 wines under his vineyard ranch name in 2008 and 2009. The Morning Dew Ranch Jan`s Cuvee Anderson Valley Pinot Noir was great and his final wine; the 08`, although good, had smoke taint from the nearby fires.DC42EAF4-B45B-4613-AFD1-7AD5A9A1209F_1_201_a.jpeg
Yes I might bring a Morning Dew from him and one from his daughter (Brogan "My Father's Vineyard") from 2008.
you're on it George- should be a great night
"In victory you deserve Champagne. In defeat, you need it".
Napolean Bonaparte

“Remember gentlemen, it’s not just France we are fighting for, it’s Champagne!” – Winston Churchill

George Chadwick
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 3384
Joined: July 7th, 2009, 9:33 pm

Re: Goodbye Burt Williams dinner, SF Peninsula, Feb or March

#33 Post by George Chadwick » January 2nd, 2020, 3:39 pm

Blake Brown wrote:
January 2nd, 2020, 7:46 am
George Chadwick wrote:
January 1st, 2020, 3:25 pm
Blake Brown wrote:
December 31st, 2019, 10:23 am
Remember that Burt made 2 wines under his vineyard ranch name in 2008 and 2009. The Morning Dew Ranch Jan`s Cuvee Anderson Valley Pinot Noir was great and his final wine; the 08`, although good, had smoke taint from the nearby fires.DC42EAF4-B45B-4613-AFD1-7AD5A9A1209F_1_201_a.jpeg
Yes I might bring a Morning Dew from him and one from his daughter (Brogan "My Father's Vineyard") from 2008.
you're on it George- should be a great night
A Seven Lions from his late son also

User avatar
Blake Brown
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 6336
Joined: May 2nd, 2010, 11:17 pm
Location: Santa Barbara

Re: Goodbye Burt Williams dinner, SF Peninsula, Feb or March

#34 Post by Blake Brown » January 3rd, 2020, 7:33 am

George Chadwick wrote:
January 2nd, 2020, 3:39 pm
Blake Brown wrote:
January 2nd, 2020, 7:46 am
George Chadwick wrote:
January 1st, 2020, 3:25 pm


Yes I might bring a Morning Dew from him and one from his daughter (Brogan "My Father's Vineyard") from 2008.
you're on it George- should be a great night
A Seven Lions from his late son also
Not easy to find any Seven Lions. Few made and most have been consumed. I have none but would grab any if available. Most of the ones I drank were when Burt opened one. I'm seeing both his daughters soon and will inquire if they have any.
"In victory you deserve Champagne. In defeat, you need it".
Napolean Bonaparte

“Remember gentlemen, it’s not just France we are fighting for, it’s Champagne!” – Winston Churchill

George Chadwick
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 3384
Joined: July 7th, 2009, 9:33 pm

Re: Goodbye Burt Williams dinner, SF Peninsula, Feb or March

#35 Post by George Chadwick » January 3rd, 2020, 11:45 am

Blake Brown wrote:
January 3rd, 2020, 7:33 am
George Chadwick wrote:
January 2nd, 2020, 3:39 pm
Blake Brown wrote:
January 2nd, 2020, 7:46 am


you're on it George- should be a great night
A Seven Lions from his late son also
Not easy to find any Seven Lions. Few made and most have been consumed. I have none but would grab any if available. Most of the ones I drank were when Burt opened one. I'm seeing both his daughters soon and will inquire if they have any.
Blake I have the wines but thanks. I have a couple of Seven Lions and a lot of Brogan, all acquired a bottle at a time. May you ask the daughters if they'd like to attend? A Tues or Wed in Los Gatos is likely. It's an informal noisy restaurant, so only if it's easily convenient for them, it won't be in a separate room and the atmosphere is loose.

User avatar
Blake Brown
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 6336
Joined: May 2nd, 2010, 11:17 pm
Location: Santa Barbara

Re: Goodbye Burt Williams dinner, SF Peninsula, Feb or March

#36 Post by Blake Brown » January 3rd, 2020, 4:31 pm

George Chadwick wrote:
January 3rd, 2020, 11:45 am
Blake Brown wrote:
January 3rd, 2020, 7:33 am
George Chadwick wrote:
January 2nd, 2020, 3:39 pm


A Seven Lions from his late son also
Not easy to find any Seven Lions. Few made and most have been consumed. I have none but would grab any if available. Most of the ones I drank were when Burt opened one. I'm seeing both his daughters soon and will inquire if they have any.
Blake I have the wines but thanks. I have a couple of Seven Lions and a lot of Brogan, all acquired a bottle at a time. May you ask the daughters if they'd like to attend? A Tues or Wed in Los Gatos is likely. It's an informal noisy restaurant, so only if it's easily convenient for them, it won't be in a separate room and the atmosphere is loose.
Good move on your part to acquire these gems. Re the invite to Katie and Margi, please see email to you.
"In victory you deserve Champagne. In defeat, you need it".
Napolean Bonaparte

“Remember gentlemen, it’s not just France we are fighting for, it’s Champagne!” – Winston Churchill

George Chadwick
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 3384
Joined: July 7th, 2009, 9:33 pm

Re: Goodbye Burt Williams dinner, SF Peninsula, Feb or March

#37 Post by George Chadwick » January 5th, 2020, 3:25 pm

Blake I'll see your email tomorrow when I return to work. I did not realize I gave Wineberserkers my work email address.

George Chadwick
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 3384
Joined: July 7th, 2009, 9:33 pm

Re: Goodbye Burt Williams dinner, SF Peninsula, Feb or March

#38 Post by George Chadwick » January 9th, 2020, 6:47 pm

Update: this will probably be a Wednesday night in February (March is possible). If Burt's daughters and Blake can attend, those dates will control.

User avatar
Yao C
Posts: 918
Joined: February 1st, 2017, 10:53 pm
Location: Portland / San Francisco

Re: Goodbye Burt Williams dinner, SF Peninsula, Feb or March

#39 Post by Yao C » January 9th, 2020, 9:42 pm

George Chadwick wrote:
January 9th, 2020, 6:47 pm
If Burt's daughters and Blake can attend, those dates will control.
Spoken like a true lawyer neener
C h 0 o n 6

User avatar
Sean_S
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 860
Joined: July 10th, 2016, 9:30 pm
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains, CA

Re: Goodbye Burt Williams dinner, SF Peninsula, Feb or March

#40 Post by Sean_S » January 10th, 2020, 2:17 pm

George, Just FYI: I'm out of town the week of the 17th (presidents week/ski week)
CT: Seanwsmithm3
Santa Cruz Mountains, CA

2020 WOTY Candidates
1994 Ravenswood Petite Sirah Sonoma County
1995 Williams Selyem Pinot Noir Summa Vineyard

George Chadwick
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 3384
Joined: July 7th, 2009, 9:33 pm

Re: Update Jan. 11: Burt Williams dinner, SF Peninsula, Feb or March

#41 Post by George Chadwick » January 12th, 2020, 11:48 am

Update: this event will be held on either Wed. Feb. 19 or Wed. Feb. 26. The venue will either be Golden Triangle in Los Gatos (no corkage, already OK'd us) or Divino's in Belmont (much less cramped).

Please confirm which of these two dates you tentatively can attend and we will go with the consensus (unless Burt's daughters can definitely only attend one of those dates, right now that's TBD).

Wes Barton
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 3886
Joined: January 29th, 2009, 3:54 am

Re: Update as of today Jan. 11: Burt Williams dinner, SF Peninsula, Feb or March

#42 Post by Wes Barton » January 12th, 2020, 12:30 pm

Either.
ITB - Useless lackey

"I've acquired enough wine to seduce an elephant." - Jennifer Robin

User avatar
AndyK
Posts: 340
Joined: February 17th, 2018, 4:29 pm
Location: San Francisco

Re: Update as of today Jan. 11: Burt Williams dinner, SF Peninsula, Feb 19 or 26

#43 Post by AndyK » January 12th, 2020, 1:45 pm

Preference for 19, but I can make both work
k0berl

User avatar
Larry Stein
Posts: 1843
Joined: April 17th, 2009, 2:27 pm
Location: Belmont CA

Re: Update as of today Jan. 11: Burt Williams dinner, SF Peninsula, Feb 19 or 26

#44 Post by Larry Stein » January 12th, 2020, 1:53 pm

Either date is fine.

User avatar
Alan Rath
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 20378
Joined: April 24th, 2009, 12:45 am
Location: Bay Area, CA. Sometimes out to lunch.

Re: Update as of today Jan. 11: Burt Williams dinner, SF Peninsula, Feb 19 or 26

#45 Post by Alan Rath » January 12th, 2020, 6:09 pm

Any combination works, but divino 26 gets my vote. Divino better food match and more space.
I'm just one lost soul, swimming in a fish bowl, year after year

User avatar
ERPark
Posts: 3375
Joined: March 7th, 2015, 6:48 am

Re: Update as of today Jan. 11: Burt Williams dinner, SF Peninsula, Feb 19 or 26

#46 Post by ERPark » January 13th, 2020, 8:01 am

I’m unable to do the 19th. Hopefully 26th is the date that works for the majority.
GEN3

J e s s e C
Posts: 108
Joined: June 13th, 2011, 4:39 pm

Re: Update as of today Jan. 11: Burt Williams dinner, SF Peninsula, Feb 19 or 26

#47 Post by J e s s e C » January 13th, 2020, 10:10 am

Conflict on the 19th. 26th should work. thanks!
j c h e n g

User avatar
Craig G
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 15573
Joined: March 6th, 2011, 10:57 am
Location: Town of Cats

Re: Update as of today Jan. 11: Burt Williams dinner, SF Peninsula, Feb 19 or 26

#48 Post by Craig G » January 13th, 2020, 12:05 pm

Is today still Jan 11th?
“You need to look down to the bottom shelf where they keep the Fighting Cock” — Corey N.

C. Gle@son

George Chadwick
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 3384
Joined: July 7th, 2009, 9:33 pm

Re: Update as of today Jan. 11: Burt Williams dinner, SF Peninsula, Feb 19 or 26

#49 Post by George Chadwick » January 13th, 2020, 1:07 pm

Craig G wrote:
January 13th, 2020, 12:05 pm
Is today still Jan 11th?
Yes until Friday at 4:20.

George Chadwick
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 3384
Joined: July 7th, 2009, 9:33 pm

Re: Finalized: Burt Williams dinner, SF Peninsula Divino Restaurant, Feb 26

#50 Post by George Chadwick » January 13th, 2020, 1:11 pm

Updates in first post and here: it will be Wednesday Feb 26 at Divino.

Post Reply

Return to “Offline Planner”