Alt-Rieslingfeier - Sunday, January 26th at Atoboy

As you can imagine the mere thought of not having a Reislingfeier this year has been very troubling for me and therapy does not seem to be helping.

So I have decided to arrange an Alt-Rieslingfeier* on Sunday, January 26th at Atoboy.

Rough details 5:30 - 10:00, BYOB, ~$150 (plus tax & tip) for a four course riesling friendly menu that I hope will include the fried chicken and a playlist designed by me.

I have signed a contract for a full buyout, 60 people, so I will probably ask for a firm commitment and payment around the first week of January. Just to be clear I am doing this solely on my own and will not be profiting from this in any way in fact just like I did for the official Rieslingfeier I will be buying a couple of seats and will supply wine for a couple of young wine professionals.

Please send me a PM if you are interested with the number of seats you would like and your email.

*This is not sanctioned by Rieslingfeier, Vom Boden, the VDP or the Wines of Germany and I have decided to allow Silvaner; however absolutely no Red wine.

Jonathan and I will be there!

Robert, is this all Germany or are other Rieslings allowed?

Just realized this will keep me away from the early bird BDay offerings. Probably a good thing.

looking forward to this event.

This is fairly casual. Any country of origin is fine.

hi robert
i’m in but can’t confirm my +1 yet

I have you down. Will look for a firm yes and payment first week of January!

Please provide more info on the playlist…how will you ensure that it is Riesling-friendly?

I have to figure out what my +X will be. This looks like a great event and glad you have decided to do it. Please put me down for at least two. I just have t talk to my wife about how many other people I should “invite” to tag along who love Riesling.

What should I bring? I have a 2002 Clos Ste Hune that I would be willing offer if I get to taste some G-Max. I thought I had a TBA or an Alsatian SGN, but they are not in Cellartracker. I’ll have to rummage to see if they are perhaps on the floor, but I may have served them at a FKALBTG.

Hi All - Just a quick update. I am finalizing the details with the restaurant and will be sending an email out hopefully tomorrow.

Are we supposed to post wines we are bringing?

Feel free to but a large percentage of the attendees are not on this Board.

Just an FYI anyone who expressed interest should have received an email.

What? You have friends outside Wineberserkers?

I will bring a 2002 CSH.

Just wanted to drop a quick note here. We are all set for what should be a wonderful evening of Riesling and Atoboy! I have communicated with all who have paid. If by chance anyone has questions just let me know.

I also wanted to mention that I plan to do more of these in the future and have already decided that the next one will be on February 23rd from 1 - 4 at Ops Pizza. If you would like to receive information for this and future events drop me a PM with your email address. If you are coming to Atoboy you are a charter Riesling Study member and already on the list!

A So aptly put “Riesling and Atoboy” should make for a fantastic evening.

Disappointed that Meri and i will not be able to make it to Ops Pizza - and Meri is a serious pizza aficionado - but we will just be back from Helsinki on the 23rd.
Big thank you for all your efforts in getting this off the ground.
See you Sunday!

Thanks Len. Look forward to seeing you on Sunday.

Report back to me on how many “Trocken” ones had below 2, 4, 8, 10g of sugar… [wink.gif] [stirthepothal.gif]

I put up some thoughts on the evening and some feeble notes.

Thanks to all who came and brought great wines!