2020 Falltacular Main Event--Saturday, 2/22/2020 at my place in the OC

Happy holidays everyone. This is a heads-up to the Wine Berserker community about February’s event, this to be our 13th annual. For those who want to learn more about the event, you can click last year’s link below to read about some of the feedback.

After Thanksgiving, I will be posting details about how you can sign up to attend, the costs, the payment methods, etc. If you are wanting to attend, I do expect the event to sell out quickly so please do act promptly once you see my announcement. For now, just know that we appreciate all of you, those who helped us raise just under $50,000 last year, as we inch closer to the 1/2 million dollar mark raised for our charity, Laura’s House. https://www.laurashouse.org/

Any questions, please PM me or post here.

Would love to make it this time around. Good Friend’s with Bruce W as well

David, happy to have you. As Bruce will tell you, don’t delay on paying for your ticket once I make the call for people to do that. It’s going to sell out quickly again I suspect. Thanks for the support too and hope to meet you at the event.

To the Falltacular family, an update about the 2020 registration process. This year, we will eliminate the mailing of checks and we’ll be using a special URL that is tied to the Laura’s House website. This means you will do everything online, with a credit card payment, automating our process and immediately also generating for you a tax deductible receipt. I will be providing this link the week after Thanksgiving but wanted to let you know about this key change.
Happy holidays to all of you.

I’ll definitely be there! Eyes peeled for the sign-up notification.

Need a place to stay for the event? Here you go. Of course there will be the usual after parties on both nights. champagne.gif [cheers.gif] pepsi [pillow-fight.gif] [berserker.gif]

Lodging Details

Best Western Plus Marina Shores
34280 Pacific Coast Highway
Dana Point CA 92629
(800) 232-3262 or (949) 248-1000

Ladies and gentlemen, please contact the front desk to reserve your room. You MUST use the phrase “Laura’s House Falltacular” when reserving to get the group pricing that was offered. These rooms are held until 1/21/20 and will then be released to the hotel’s general inventory. Use these savings in the auction!! All rooms are first come, first served. If the room selection you want is “sold out” there may be others available at the rates below but not secured by the blocked status. The rates are the same as last year

King Whirlpool Suites- $124 - 4 available
Two Room King Suites- $124 - 13 available
Standard King Suites- $114 - 9 available
Two Room Queen Suite- $124 - 8 available
Parking is again included, saving $20 for a 2-night stay. (Auction $$$)

The hotel is really looking forward to hosting us during our stay are fully committed to the cause behind Laura’s House. If you or your friends are in the area and looking for lodging, please consider the Best Western Plus, Marina Shores and mention you have stayed here before for Laura’s House to let them know you are appreciative to the savings they offer us.

Contact me with any questions regarding the lodging.
Cheers,
Mike Stoneking

Thanks Mike!

Electronic payments. Awesome. How sad that FedEx will not receive $20 x 100 attendees = $2000 from the event. Maybe therefore we increase the donation to Laura’s house and include the FedEx contribution? [cheers.gif]
Eldon

Brilliant. [thumbs-up.gif]

Will make time for this, as always. Thanks Frank—will you be posting the URL here or in another way?

Happy T-giving to you, Jill and your family.

Mike

Here and on the Falltacular Facebook page. Probably Sunday or Monday coming up.

Happy holidays to you too, pal.

Faltacular 2020?
I haven’t yet finished entering my tasting notes from Falltacular 2019!

I am still buzzing from the warmth and generosity and kindness from this past February.

Ok everyone, time to buy your tickets for Saturday. Please carefully read the instructions below as there are some changes in how to handle payment for the event in 2020. For our 13th year, we are fortunate and blessed that all of you continue to attend and the wineries stay with us too, providing the fuel for the event. Cutting to the chase, here is the donation process:

DATE/TIME/LOCATION. Saturday, 2/22/2020 @ Noon. We hold the event at my house in the OC–if you need the address, PM me please.

COST and ATTENDANCE. $100 per person, a max of 140 total paid guests. You may buy up to 2 tickets, but that is the max. If you have others in your party that wish to attend, I respectfully ask that you have them book their tickets on their own. Please consider absorbing the credit card fee at checkout. This keeps your entire donation with Laura’s House.

PAYMENT. We are going electronic this year, so I will need everyone to donate via the Laura’s House website. This automates everything for us, a first for Falltacular. Click on the link that follows and make your donation. Once per week, I will post a list of who has paid so that you have peace of mind that your tickets are confirmed. We will start a wait list after 140 paid, and we’ll address that topic as we get closer to the event. Note–do NOT mail a check, as it will be sent back to you. Events | Laura's House - Ending the Silence of Domestic Violence

For those who are new or wish to learn more, there is an FAQ, which can be found using this Dropbox link Dropbox - Falltacular - Simplify your life. We also have our Facebook page called OCFalltacular. It’s where you can see photos from past years and interact in another platform if that is what you prefer. I will again use the Facebook page to incorporate the same messaging and event updates that you will find here on Wine Berserkers. Not everyone uses or visits both sites so you may use either (or both) to interact about the event and post things for others to see, and to obtain event info as we draw closer. OCFalltacular | Facebook

Thank you all for the many years of support, and to Todd, for this forum, as it has been the driver of the event’s success and we march on together for another year! As I said last year, and I mean it with all due respect…love you, Frenchie.

PS–yes, we will do the annual Friday BYOB pre-event dinner, which is now posted as a separate thread both here in the Offline Planner, as well as our Facebook page. We do not require you to attend the main Saturday event if you only wish to attend the Friday dinner.

Super easy online payment process. Thanks Frank!!

Very easy – no worries about the US Mail. See you all soon.

Awesome, Amy and I are signed up. Thanks!

That was easy - thanks Frank!

Thanks Frank. If all goes well we will have people coming in from NC, TX and MI this year. Looking forward to it.

Very happy to say I didn’t fall asleep this year!

Nice. Another awesome beer share coming up. Look forward to seeing you. [berserker.gif]