Seat 3: Jonathan Sirot
Seat 4: Juliec
Seat 5: CliftonD
Seat 6: Thomas Rippe
Seat 7:
Seat 8:

Cancelled:
Brent C l a y t o n

Sounds like a great theme Shan. It solves the problem, that I was only able to snag a few old cabs and merlots, as the Zins went lightning fast. Been a Ravenswood fan since the early 90s when I first got into wine.

I am in.

I can also bring a Champagne to start with, if you would like. I have some new ones that I haven’t tried yet.

Thanks for organizing this Shan. I’ll buy a bottle at the event. No ravenwood to date… will be fun to try.

I got a couple of bottles so I’m in for this

Thanks, Shan. I’d like to join you and purchase a bottle from you. Tom Rippe

If I have a 90’s Ravenswood not purchased from the library offer can I still attend? :thinking:

I think it’s ok as long as you stored it in your library and didn’t use the lead pipe on it ! [wow.gif]

This is totally cool. I know all of you folks between past events and the new little group I just formed ! [cheers.gif]

Julie
How appropriate that you start with the Godfather of Zin. Way back in 1976 he made the first single vineyard Zin in Ca, and its been all up hill from there. Now he’s back from retirement with his new label Once and Future. If folks want I would be happy to throw one into the tasting as well as buying one the old classics. Would be cool to compare them. I think the new ones are from the Bedrock Vineyard.

Please post which bottle you are bringing

I was going to buy one of the Old ones from the 90s as well as bring a bottle of Joel Petersons new Zinfandel called Once and Future. After he had sold Ravenswood he started the new label using fruit from the Bedrock Vineyard another of the old vine great vineyards. If I recall the earlier vineyards were Wood Rd, Belloni ,Dickerson etc The Once and Future is either a 2014 or 2015 I would have to check. Thought it would be fun to compare his past wine to the current venture. If it muddies the waters I can simply just buy in on an old bottle but would like to do both. Have no problem with doing 2 bottles I usually do so at my events.

Seat 1: Sh@n A 1994 Monte Rosso
Seat 2: Juliec 1993 Cooke
Seat 3: Thomas Rippe 1994 Pickberry
Seat 4: Jason T
Seat 5: Jonathan Sirot
Seat 6: CliftonD
Seat 7: Brent C l a y t o n
Seat 8:

Tom/Julie, emailed you with payment details.

Seat 5: Jonathan Sirot 1993 Dickerson plus TBD Once & Future release (thanks!)
Seat 6: CliftonD 1991 Pickberry
Seat 7: Brent Clayton
Seat 8:

River Park was booked, so I booked Bobby Vans on 54th Street location.

Sounds great, what’s the corkage?

Expect to give up some tastes to staff in exchange for drastically reduced corkage.

Seat 5: Jonathan Sirot 1993 Dickerson plus TBD Once & Future release (thanks!)
Seat 6: CliftonD 1991 Pickberry
Seat 7: Brent Clayton
Seat 8:

Are we all still good to go? Jason/Brent, can you please post wines please?
Julie/Tom/Jonathan, I will be bringing the wines you procured from me (listed above and others).

is there an 8th seat?

yes

May be able to switch back to River Park… inquiring now…

Let me conduct a search of the cellar tonight.