Bring a special bottle: Peking Duckhouse Mid NYC:: Oct 21st All Full !!

As many of you are aware I arrange offlines with my regular group, every 2nd month in Ct. I also certainly travel for wine dinners and have done the jaunt into the city on the train many times over the years. I know that many past events have been held at Peking Duck House, I have never dined there, but always wanted to.

As I can walk there from Grand Central easily I would like to arrange a dinner at Peking Duck House midtown location on 53rd St. They no longer have free corkage there. It is $15 per bottle which is very reasonable by NYC standards. If anyone attending can do better great. I would ideally like to hold this on a Mon night or a Weds night in mid October.to mid Nov.

I propose a theme of Grand Cru Burgs and Champagnes. If others like the theme great. If not am totally open to suggestions, or ok with a free for all.

In a recent thread a well known board member stated that high end wine offline dinners in the city were few and far between. I don’t even live in town but happy to step up and try to make it happen ! Anyone interested ??

Attending so far

1. Jonathan- 2008 Dom Perignon & 2004 Shafer Hillside Select
  2. Dinesh-2004 Gaja Sperss
  3. Tony-1997 Anne Gros Clos Vougeot Le Grand Maupertui
  4. Tom- 1982 Diamond Creek Red Rock Terrace
  5. Chris-2012 Faileley Corton Charlemagne + 2012 Rion Clos Vougeot
  6. Julie- Selosse Substance Blanc de Blancs
  7. Mike- 2003 Beaucastel Homage a Jacques Perin
  8. Could be you !

Room for a few more, if anyone else is interested.

I always require at least one Champagne to start any offline I plan, so I will gladly bring one in addition to my other bottle…

As some folks have asked if they can bring bottles other than Burgundy, I have changed the them to “Bring a special bottle”, so please bring something that you think will impress the group. I would appreciate if folks post the wine before the event if possible,

I will bring a 2008 Dom to start with as well as an 04 Shafer Hillside Select

Some people have Peking Duck corkage hookups (I do not)

Hopefully someone attending does or I can negotiate it
If not it’s reasonable. Would you like to join ?

I would, but I am going to have to play it by ear for any more October events.

Interested for a Grand Cru Burg event. Early Nov ng but Mon or Wed usually are ok

Jonathan, thanks for taking the lead. We need more of these.

I am likely to be away for a week around end Oct. so if it doesn’t conflict with their dates, will def make it.

Maybe good to throw out a date that works for 2-3 people and let others decide if it works for them. If later on there is a consensus to change it, you can do that.

First half of Oct or after November 5th is safe for me right now.

Dinesh, when you refer to first half of October, is Wednesday October 16th a date that works for you ?

Tony, does that date work for you also ? Works fine for me, and I think if we have three of us pretty solid will run with that date and am sure a few others will jump in. If not no worries, we simply get bigger pours !

Considering I had been supposed to attend a Grand Cru in the city that got postponed, and Tony is also in favor of the idea, will officially declare Grand Cru Burgs as the theme.

16th would work.

Also do you have some thoughts on the theme (plots/ producers/ years/ budget etc)

A few ideas I would throw out there

1. Latriciers / Chapelle/ Charmes Chambertin
  2. Clos Vougeot
  3. Clos Saint Denis

I am happy to sign up for Bonnes Mares/ Cdlr/ CdB but would probably get expensive :slight_smile:

I would love to join you. It’s been awhile but I had a contact at PDH for free corkage. Once we solidify this a bit I could call.

10/16 is not good
I can do 10/7, 10/9,10/14, 10/21, 10/23

Can Oct 9th work for you Dinesh ?. If we have a date that works for the original 3 or 4 folks, we can run with it.

If its a Monday not Columbus Day nor the last week of Oct. if there’s space, i’d Like to join. If a non Monday works better for everyone, no prob, I’ll join another time.

Yes that works

Oct. 9 is good for me.

As we have 4 confirmed for Weds Oct 9th let’s go with that date… More details to follow.

I will come. You have GC Burgs?!?!?! Yes, How about if I bring a 2006 Hospices de Beaune Corton-Cuvée Docteur Peste Faiveley? I opened one in March 2025 and it was still a baby. Time to check in again.

Great. glad you can join. That’s funny that you’re amazed I have GC Burgs, coming from someone notorious for his Saxum rocket fuel love ! I only have 5 bottles of Saxum in my 2000 btl collection, so I have room for a few dozen GC red burgs and plenty of white burgundy which I drink a lot of.

" I opened one in March 2025" Awesome ! I knew they were close to perfecting the time machine !

1. “You have GC Burgs?” was meant to be an accusation of me by others. not me of you. Most people don’t believe I have GC Burgs, but CT says I have 22 bottles of reds. Actually, one is really Rebecca’s - she bought it at a charity auction.

2. 2025 should have been 2015. 9 years out.

Oh, oh, will the Yankees have a playoff game on Wed. night?!

Not on the 9th. It’s Yom Kippur.