Seattle Offline Tasting - Saturday, October 19th

Hey NW friends,
It’s been way to long since our last offline and I’m tired of waiting for someone to visit in order to get us all together, so now that summer is wrapping up, who’s up for a tasting in October?!

I can host (I’m in South Seattle) or we can pick a place like Wild Ginger to host us (can get an upstairs private room) or if someone else is eager to host, that’s great too. Let’s just get together!

The 18th to 20th or 25th to 27th weekends work best for me.

Who else is interested? I (think I) can start a poll after it appears there are enough people who are interested.

(Open to a theme as well based on interest from others)

October 19th has been selected! I’ll start adding names as people chime in.

Going:
Terrance +1 (Cote Rotie)
Brian G
Peter H
Hal (Hermitage or Cote Rotie)
Scott T +1 St. Joe
Mark Y +2 Champagne/Cornas
Geoff F +1 (Condrieu/Hermitage)
Jim D (St. Joe Blanc + CR/Her/Cor)
Eric W (tentative)
Bryan C +1
Travis +2
Emil F
Kevin K

Slim chance:
Lee

Theme: Northern Rhone!
Time: 4:00pm

Food:
Geoff - Lamb
Hal - Pork
Terrance - Salad
Mark - Dessert
Scott - Dip/Tart

If I’m in town, I’m game for one of those weekends. Likely won’t know for sure until early to mid-Oct, so count me as tenative.

Sounds like a great idea. I’m open those weekends. I know Jason at Wild Ginger if you would like to have it there.

I’m always up for a tasting, and I’m willing to host.

In if I’m town!

Thanks for initiating this Terrance! I can do October 18 or 19. Northern Rhones?

Cheers,

Hal

I’m in. Would be great to meet some new tasting buddies.

Alright, thanks everybody for writing in. Let’s schedule Saturday, October 19th, hope Scott and Mark are in town and go from there.

Peter, nothing beats your place, so if you’re willing to host, I say let’s keep it there since it’s so central.

Thoughts on theme? I would definitely love a Northern Rhone theme. It’s also general enough to get some whites in there too.

I don’t have anything else scheduled for that day, so I’m tentatively saying OK.

I would love to attend and meet all you peeps for the first time. Let me check my two daughter’s soccer schedules first, but I’m a tentative yes!

I have a couple high end Condrieu and some Levet or Gonon I could contribute if it’s a Northern Rhone theme.

Northern Rhône would be fun. There was also talk of an aged Oregon Pinot night that would be equally enjoyable.

We would definitely like to but will be neck deep in moving hell, but count us as potentials! You know we’re down af for N Rhone!

In for the 2 of us 10/19.
We haven’t hosted for a few years, so happy to do it if you want the (west) Ballard area.

Jim, you mean 10/19?

Sounds delicious. I’m in if I’m in town, which at this point looks like I will be. Thanks for taking the initiative!

[quoteSounds like a great idea. I’m open those weekends. I know Jason at Wild Ginger if you would like to have it there.][/quote] You flying me in?

Yes sorry. Fat fingers

Wouldn’t you rather me send you a case of wine from Kevin White at Christmas?

Heard wind of a WB offline, so I decided to dust off my account here!
I’m in for 10/19. Most likely will bring Nita with me.
I’m excited to drink with this group again, and meet some new faces.

-Carter

Awesome, it’s great to see everybody coming (so far).

Let’s have this one at Peter’s house and then get Jim hosting on the schedule for the next one. Which will not be 12 months later. It won’t!

Any objections to a Northern Rhone theme? Seems like all are into it. Aged Oregon was mentioned because of the recent thread, but we did blind aged Oregon Pinot last October, so I think it would be best to try another region.