ATTN NJ/PA/ETC Berserkers - Saturday Aug 24 Cellar Drawdown Party

Announcements and planning of Offline events
DavidFrankil
GCC Member
GCC Member

ATTN NJ/PA/ETC Berserkers - Saturday Aug 24 Cellar Drawdown Party

#1 Post by DavidFrankil » August 9th, 2019, 7:12 am

Fall shipping season is nearly upon us, and I need to clear some space from the cellar.

I've been threatening to have a cellar drawdown party for nearly a year now, and got inspired by all the other recent cellar clearance threads. So we finally managed to find a date that works - Saturday Aug 24, starting at 5:00 pm, in Cream Ridge NJ.

There will be plenty of food from a kick-ass local family-owned Italian place that caters and has been on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives -and the group will be a mix of Cters, Berserkers, and other friends who enjoy wine and/or are just fun to be around.

Please let me know if you can join us, so we can plan for the food. Friends are welcome too - there is plenty of drawdowning to be done (is that a word?). Lots of local hotel options if anyone wants to stay over.

PM for details.
My avatar is a twelfth century Berserker Lewis rook, from the British Museum. "He stands armed with a sword and exposes his huge teeth with which he bites into his shield. It is this gesture that identifies him as a Berserker – a fierce warrior drawn from Norse mythology that bites his shield in a self-induced frenzy prior to battle."

ChristopherSK

Re: ATTN NJ/PA/ETC Berserkers - Saturday Aug 24 Cellar Drawdown Party

#2 Post by ChristopherSK » August 9th, 2019, 4:29 pm

David has a beautiful home, and manicured back yard (and pool) which is absolutely ideal for hosting a Berserker event. We have an event that we have to go to or we would absolutely positively definitely be there for sure!! David, considering how much wine you have in your need to drink portion of the basement, I strongly suggest having medics and an ambulance on call.
Chri$toph3r S K0y$te

DavidFrankil
GCC Member
GCC Member

#3 Post by DavidFrankil » August 11th, 2019, 3:45 am

Chris - thank you for the kind words, weather permitting we'll give everyone a chance to play fetch with Pokey in the pool. :)

Sorry that you and Catherine can't make it, see you soon.
My avatar is a twelfth century Berserker Lewis rook, from the British Museum. "He stands armed with a sword and exposes his huge teeth with which he bites into his shield. It is this gesture that identifies him as a Berserker – a fierce warrior drawn from Norse mythology that bites his shield in a self-induced frenzy prior to battle."

Karen Troisi
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#4 Post by Karen Troisi » August 14th, 2019, 2:46 pm

We’ll be there - John and I are looking forward to seeing you again!
ITB - You should only make wines you love to drink.

DavidFrankil
GCC Member
GCC Member

#5 Post by DavidFrankil » August 16th, 2019, 1:26 pm

Thanks Karen - we're up over 31 now, with Berserkers, CTers and assorted other wine friends.

Look forward to seeing you - and looking through the cellar, I can do a 2009-2010-2011-2012 Jean Edwards Cabernet Stagecoach Vineyard vertical (have 2013 -2014-2015 too, but figured they're too young?).

I have stems for 60, so still have room for a few more!

PM for details if anyone else is interested in joining us, going to be fun.

T. Williams

#6 Post by T. Williams » August 19th, 2019, 5:23 pm

If my wife and I can source a babysitter we'd be happy to join. I'll PM you for more details.
Tim W.
Eat.Drink.Play.

DavidFrankil
GCC Member
GCC Member

#7 Post by DavidFrankil » August 19th, 2019, 6:27 pm

Pm received and response sent - still plenty of room. Glad you can make it!

Return to “Offline Planner”