DFW - Oct. 12 or 19 -- Any interest

Any interest in a bordeaux v. napa blind tasting get together in Dallas Fort Worth on either of those dates?

Maybe the 12th. The 19th I think I have a previous commitment. Don’t let that stop the group though if the 19th works for most.

Interested in Oct 12.

I will be around and would be interested.

I am interested. either one should work. 12th may be a little iffy.

I’m down to clown.

I’m up for either day.

I am available either day.

Let’s shoot for Oct. 12 tentative for now.

Thoughts on location?

That’s Texas - OU weekend and game day. Might b e tough to get a venue.

I’m currently good for the 12th. Only thing that could mess that up for me is some sort of last minute commitment like a customer changing a date on my last minute.

Nuts, and I’m a Longhorn. Should have checked my schedule. I’ll likely be in barbecue and beers on that date. Let me take a look…

I am good for either weekend, but FWIW I think if we end up doing it OU weekend that the couple of good Italian BYO options in the Addison area (North Dallas around 635 and Tollway) should surely be pretty solid. Ubers may be pricey that night, but the further North you get from town- the easier it is to coexist with OU weekend.

Where do we stand with this event?

I cannot do October 12 with college buddies coming in town for the Texas OU game.

I can do October 19. Beijing Bros in Coppell/Irving for Peking Duck and BYO wine? Any interest there? Open to other locations. I think that wipes out Scott and Joe, though, and both are wonderful company.

Looks like I am out. Originally had 19 available but have since booked it. Sorry.

Never been there, but very eager to give it a try since I will not be able to get my NYC Peking Duck fix again until December.

Count me in.

Any more specifics on the theme or are we each bringing a bagged CA Cab and Bordeaux? I am covered in both regions- just curious if you want mature wines, younger wines, a mix or any other sub-themes. I am happy to offer up an 08 Dom Perignon as well to start the night. That wine has become very approachable in recent weeks, so it is a great time to enjoy it before it shuts down.

Would November 9 be easier for folks?

Oct 19th definitely knocks me out. I’ll be in Wisconsin for a hedonistic wine weekend with others that weekend.

Nov 9th is currently open for me but do NOT move it just for me (not that I’m that important anyway). I’ve got a couple of client visits coming up soon that could easily land on that date last minute and blow me out of the water anyway.

We’ve done Beijing Brothers several times for offlines. Good Peking Duck (still not as good as Mr Wok though although he is currently closed due to fire). The only bad thing I can say is the menu is pretty limited as far as selection goes. So if you’ve been as many times as we have it gets old in a hurry. Definitely make a reservation in advance if you decide to go there. It’s been discovered and regularly books up on weekends.

I am available that weekend but UT plays K-State. Does that create a problem? It doesn’t for me.