Looking for a friendly tasting group in DC

Hi I’m new to the forum and also just moved to DC from New York. It’s only been two weeks but am already missing the vibrant wine scene in New York… and thus this post.

I’m hoping to find a friendly and geeky group of tasters in the city. I gravitate towards Burgundy, Rhone and Champagne but am an avid learner and always find it exciting to taste new wines [dance-clap.gif]

Would much appreciate if anyone could kindly point me to a group or an event in the city! [thankyou.gif]

I try my best to record tasting notes on my instagram account @swirlsniffslurp if anyone is curious. [highfive.gif]

I am a member of a group in DC. We have a bunch of people, but usually only 8-12 can make it for any dinner. I’ll message you to get your contact info.

Awesome! I’ve sent you an email. Thank you Eric

The BWE group gets together occasionally, probably this fall at some point. Keep an eye on their board.Our Forum - Bordeaux Wine Enthusiasts

I’ve got a couple different groups I roll with as well! Send me a DM or email. I am one of only two maybe three people who are ITB

Thank you so much guys! Much appreciate the help. I’ll look forward to wining with you too soon.

Jay - I will definitely keep an eye on the board :slight_smile:

Leonard - I’ve left a note on your email.

Hey there,

Would be good to have another person in our small group as well. In NW DC, and similar tastes to those you mention.

hey Young–same here. my wife and I are wine group-less but are always interested in meeting new wine people and finding a group of our own.

Well, I’m having 2 burgundy dinner/tastings at my house over the next few weeks. We still have room for a couple people for the Nov 2 dinner if anyone is interested. Theme is Gevrey-Chambertin. Not sure what we’ll do after that but we will probably will wait til January. Maybe Rhone; or back to Bordeaux or Spain. We just did Etna vs Nebbiolo. I’d love to do something a bit more offbeat like Loire or Jura or all Champagne. We’ll see.