Los Gatos CA Sept 17: Older Rhys with Kevin

UPDATE 9/18: this is now a Winemaker Dinner, see latest post, Kevin is attending. It’s therefore now $500 per person. Make that $625.

Tuesday Sept 17 6:30. At Golden Triangle restaurant, hard to see the entrance, it’s right next to Rootstock on North Santa Cruz Ave. south of Hwy 9. Excellent parking at Walgreens just north of Hwy 9 or across the street from Walgreens.

Bring:
Older Rhys (I’ll take roll call closer to the dinner to minimize duplicates, I’ll bring several), older is better. If and only if you have no older Rhys, bring wines made by anyone, from any Santa Cruz Mt vineyard, other than Ridge.

+++++++++++++

The reason why no Ridge: There will be a future older-Ridge-only dinner.

++++++++++++++

FYI the entire evening all included should not exceed $60. Maybe less.

Attendees

In:
George C confirmed
Craig G confirmed
Ian A confirmed
Alan R confirmed
Wes B confirmed
Andy K confirmed
Laura W confirmed
ER Gene confirmed
David T confirmed
Alison T confirmed
Kevin H!!!
Sean S confirmed
Peter L confirmed

Interested then decided they can’t:
Andrea V
Matt D
Larry S
Jesse C
Paul B
Chris W
Robert C
Daniel K
Doug D
Matt L

Wines that don’t suck.

I’m in. Sounds like a good theme.

You know I’m down for LG

I’m likely in if I can make the date. Vote for Rhys but not Ridge, only because I’d be more interested in how the Pinots are doing. All SCM would be cool, emphasis on Rhys is my vote.

I’m in, unless there’s some winey/winery/winesty conflict.

I vote quality SCM fruit. And, keeping in mind the food there, they should lean somewhat mature and not tannic.

There was a nice bottle of1970 Gemello on K&L today

Saw that. Wondered if you’re the G***** bidding on some of that old crap. Several of our group bid there and go after the same sort of wines. Sure would like it if they still showed our aliases.

Now we are talking - SCM quality wines that go with food! Older Rhys or maybe even a Kathryn Kennedy! And just over the hill! I would love to attend if the date works.

“And just over the hill” - I meant the location not the wine. [cheers.gif] [cheers.gif]

I thought you meant me [training.gif]

Will try to attend this one…

Add me to this one, please.

Will definitely try to come. If it’s Rhys, I’ve got a 14 Alpine Hillside that I’d love to open.

My bottle will be corked, but Daniel is bringing a backup, 14 Alpine Hillside.

I’m leaning toward…

(Edited: after feedback, it later became all older Rhys unless you have none, in which case something SCM other than Ridge).

Too rhysky?

That pun is ridgediculous

Can’t promise, but I’ll try to attend

Interested too. Would love to join subject to final date and time.