Mini-BerserkerFest 10.4 at my house (San Clemente CA), September 7 2019 - NEW START TIME

On Brad Kane’s CA tour, I agreed to host a shindig at my house (in San Clemente, CA), theme to be determined, but I have plenty of big hunks of Flannery we can throw on the grill (as long as someone ELSE agrees to grill, as I’m not so good at it). Likely theme will be ‘bring some good wine, don’t be a putz, and have fun’ or something like that.

Date: Saturday September 7, 2019
Time: 3:30 (will grill later on) The Clemson game will be on from 12:30 - 3:30 ish, so be forewarned that you will NOT be allowed to talk to Jen if you show up earlier, and she will not be a hostess of any sort until the game is over :slight_smile: We will have it playing on several tvs
What to bring: Snacks/appetizers or a side dish if you want, no worries if you don’t, we’ll take care of what’s needed - do let me know if you plan to bring something, so I know to plan to fill in the blanks. I have 3 Flannery Zabuton ‘roasts’ to grill up.
Theme: ‘Wines that are delicious with steak’ - Cabs, Bordeaux, Rhone, etc, and if you have a white or sparkling you’d like to have around prior to grilling, that’s always welcome. I have plenty of stems for about 30 people, I’d guess, but if you are like me, you have stemware preferences, so you are welcome to bring your own.

Just post your interest here, as the event gets closer and I get confirmations, I’ll share my address in a PM

Attendees: (** = tentative)

Todd French
Jen French
Brad Kane
Greg Piatagorsky +1
Michel Abood
Francine Haight
Rob Winn
Mike Hill +1
Bruce L. + Daisy
Brig and Chris (grill duty falls on Brig)
Veronica Castro
Joe Duncan +1
Cris Whetstone
Jay Selman

Hey Todd, this is probably a dumb question, but where is “my house” in CA. :slight_smile:

See ya in a week in So cal!

In CA!!!

Good point - updated OP to include San Clemente. I figure most who can attend live somewhat near me, and thusly know where I live, but I warmly welcome out-of-towners! The more the merrier, particularly so we’re not just a bunch of the same old tired Berserkers time after time neener

I would be a tentative +1…I’m not sure if my daughter has a golf tournament that weekend yet.

Awesome! Will add you to the list.

Todd, add us to the list.

On it!

I know a subset of WineBerserkers that wouldn’t have a problem getting on a plane to fly to SoCal. neener
As a matter of fact, if this was posted on Flyertalk, you’d have visitors from all over the world.

dh

Yeah, but can they ‘hang’ with Berserkers, wine-wise? Folks be showin’ up with 18 airplane bottles of Barefoot Cellars…

Post lots of pics, haven’t seen Brad in years.

Or show up and BE in pics…with Brad

AND a bottle of Mission Haut Brion please, but only one.

Count me in tentatively.

I’m just not fully functional today! I read the date as 10.4 (October 4th)! [head-bang.gif]
September 7th is sadly no go.

Damn. Leaving for Europe that day.

Dammit!

I’m in (plus 1)

Gotchoo, Brucie Poo!

We will take part in this one.

Dang, Eric! Sorry to miss you!

Many thanks to Todd and Jen for opening their digs to us! looking forward to seeing the California peeps again. It’s been too long!