It’s been too long, Old Vines Offline #6 - Aug 31st, Forestville - The Countdown

Announcements and planning of Offline events
Message
Author
User avatar
Mike Stoneking
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1804
Joined: January 30th, 2009, 6:30 pm
Location: Ventura, CA

Re: It’s been too long, Old Vines Offline #6 - Aug 31st, Forestville

#51 Post by Mike Stoneking » July 20th, 2019, 10:42 am

Confirming Dana & Mike. Coming up Friday.
ITB..............Someone has to drink all this damn wine.
Viva Berserkers!!

User avatar
Brian Tuite
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 18827
Joined: July 3rd, 2010, 8:53 am
Location: Podunk CA

Re: It’s been too long, Old Vines Offline #6 - Aug 31st, Forestville

#52 Post by Brian Tuite » July 21st, 2019, 7:40 am

Mike Stoneking wrote:
July 20th, 2019, 10:42 am
Confirming Dana & Mike. Coming up Friday.
champagne.gif
Bob Wood - 1949-2013 Berserker for eternity! RIP

"On self-reflection, I think a big part of it was me just being a PITA customer..." ~ Anonymous Berserker

"Something so subtle only I can detect it." ~ Randy Bowman

2019 WOTY...

User avatar
Cris Whetstone
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 10814
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 1:09 pm
Location: OC, CA

Re: It’s been too long, Old Vines Offline #6 - Aug 31st, Forestville

#53 Post by Cris Whetstone » July 27th, 2019, 3:18 pm

Looks like the 31st is a no go for me.

Have fun all!
WetRock

"Man prefers to believe what he prefers to be true." - Francis Bacon

"I had taken two finger-bowls of champagne and the scene had changed before my eyes into something significant, elemental, and profound." - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

User avatar
Brian Tuite
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 18827
Joined: July 3rd, 2010, 8:53 am
Location: Podunk CA

Re: It’s been too long, Old Vines Offline #6 - Aug 31st, Forestville

#54 Post by Brian Tuite » July 28th, 2019, 5:18 am

Cris Whetstone wrote:
July 27th, 2019, 3:18 pm
Looks like the 31st is a no go for me.

Have fun all!
Bummer.
Bob Wood - 1949-2013 Berserker for eternity! RIP

"On self-reflection, I think a big part of it was me just being a PITA customer..." ~ Anonymous Berserker

"Something so subtle only I can detect it." ~ Randy Bowman

2019 WOTY...

User avatar
GregT
Posts: 7551
Joined: April 15th, 2009, 3:12 pm

Re: It’s been too long, Old Vines Offline #6 - Aug 31st, Forestville

#55 Post by GregT » July 31st, 2019, 12:12 pm

Too bad Cris. Looks like we're good here. Making arrangements now.
G . T a t a r

[i]"the incorrect overuse of apostrophes is staggering these days. I wonder if half the adults these days have any idea what they are for." Chris Seiber, 5/14/19[/i]

Ian Alper
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 223
Joined: May 7th, 2012, 1:56 pm

Re: It’s been too long, Old Vines Offline #6 - Aug 31st, Forestville

#56 Post by Ian Alper » August 8th, 2019, 1:01 pm

Brian - A neighbor passed and I will be going to a memorial service that weekend. Hope I can make it next time! Thanks for the offer.

User avatar
Brian Tuite
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 18827
Joined: July 3rd, 2010, 8:53 am
Location: Podunk CA

Re: It’s been too long, Old Vines Offline #6 - Aug 31st, Forestville

#57 Post by Brian Tuite » August 8th, 2019, 8:50 pm

GregT wrote:
July 31st, 2019, 12:12 pm
Looks like we're good here. Making arrangements now.
Awesome, are you bringing your better half as well?
Ian Alper wrote:
August 8th, 2019, 1:01 pm
Brian - A neighbor passed and I will be going to a memorial service that weekend. Hope I can make it next time! Thanks for the offer.
Sorry to hear that Ian. I’ll be sure to rattle your chain next time.
Bob Wood - 1949-2013 Berserker for eternity! RIP

"On self-reflection, I think a big part of it was me just being a PITA customer..." ~ Anonymous Berserker

"Something so subtle only I can detect it." ~ Randy Bowman

2019 WOTY...

Ian Alper
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 223
Joined: May 7th, 2012, 1:56 pm

Re: It’s been too long, Old Vines Offline #6 - Aug 31st, Forestville

#58 Post by Ian Alper » August 9th, 2019, 8:33 am

Brian please do. And if you find yourself down in the Santa Cruz area please get in touch. Would love to have you come up to the farm and crack some bottles with you!

User avatar
Mike Stoneking
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1804
Joined: January 30th, 2009, 6:30 pm
Location: Ventura, CA

Re: It’s been too long, Old Vines Offline #6 - Aug 31st, Forestville

#59 Post by Mike Stoneking » August 9th, 2019, 5:32 pm

Time to nail down some details.
Wines- Lets do a mix, 2013's and some free for all wild cards. Love to find the surprises in the wild cards.
Food (main)- I will always go for the grill. I can bring a couple nice Flannery Hangers to toss on the grill.
Food (sides/apps)- traveling so easier for us to do meats/cheese/olives. Can also buy some sides if you have a go to place.
Anything planned for Friday night?
ITB..............Someone has to drink all this damn wine.
Viva Berserkers!!

User avatar
Brian Tuite
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 18827
Joined: July 3rd, 2010, 8:53 am
Location: Podunk CA

Re: It’s been too long, Old Vines Offline #6 - Aug 31st, Forestville

#60 Post by Brian Tuite » August 9th, 2019, 10:00 pm

Mike Stoneking wrote:
August 9th, 2019, 5:32 pm
Time to nail down some details.
Wines- Lets do a mix, 2013's and some free for all wild cards. Love to find the surprises in the wild cards.
Food (main)- I will always go for the grill. I can bring a couple nice Flannery Hangers to toss on the grill.
Food (sides/apps)- traveling so easier for us to do meats/cheese/olives. Can also buy some sides if you have a go to place.
Anything planned for Friday night?
I’ve got a load of Flannery in the freeze as well. Hangers, Strips, Rib-Eyes, Jorges... sides I’ll handle. I’m up for jumping into 2013 as well. I have a few older wines to check in on as well but as far as theme I like how you think.

On the radar:
‘05 Scherrer Old and Mature
‘99 Ravenswood Old Hill
‘04 Tofanelli Zinfandel
‘13 Scherrer OMV
‘13 Bedrock Monte Rosso
‘13 Bedrock Carlisle
‘13 Carlisle Rossi Ranch

Nothing planned for Friday, yet.
Bob Wood - 1949-2013 Berserker for eternity! RIP

"On self-reflection, I think a big part of it was me just being a PITA customer..." ~ Anonymous Berserker

"Something so subtle only I can detect it." ~ Randy Bowman

2019 WOTY...

User avatar
ncostanzo1
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 523
Joined: January 21st, 2014, 10:03 pm
Location: Santa Rosa, CA

Re: It’s been too long, Old Vines Offline #6 - Aug 31st, Forestville

#61 Post by ncostanzo1 » August 12th, 2019, 9:20 pm

Just checking in on this, in general is there an span of years of Old Vine wines you a re looking to share with each other or just specifically wines from Old Vines?

Thnx!
Nick

User avatar
Brian Tuite
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 18827
Joined: July 3rd, 2010, 8:53 am
Location: Podunk CA

Re: It’s been too long, Old Vines Offline #6 - Aug 31st, Forestville

#62 Post by Brian Tuite » August 13th, 2019, 6:17 am

ncostanzo1 wrote:
August 12th, 2019, 9:20 pm
Just checking in on this, in general is there an span of years of Old Vine wines you a re looking to share with each other or just specifically wines from Old Vines?

Thnx!
Not really although a sub-theme will be 2013. Are you interested in joining us Nick?
Bob Wood - 1949-2013 Berserker for eternity! RIP

"On self-reflection, I think a big part of it was me just being a PITA customer..." ~ Anonymous Berserker

"Something so subtle only I can detect it." ~ Randy Bowman

2019 WOTY...

User avatar
ncostanzo1
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 523
Joined: January 21st, 2014, 10:03 pm
Location: Santa Rosa, CA

Re: It’s been too long, Old Vines Offline #6 - Aug 31st, Forestville

#63 Post by ncostanzo1 » August 13th, 2019, 8:43 am

Brian Tuite wrote:
August 13th, 2019, 6:17 am
ncostanzo1 wrote:
August 12th, 2019, 9:20 pm
Just checking in on this, in general is there an span of years of Old Vine wines you a re looking to share with each other or just specifically wines from Old Vines?

Thnx!
Not really although a sub-theme will be 2013. Are you interested in joining us Nick?
Ah sweet, I think that I could pull off some wines from around that time frame. I'd be interested in joining, but need to double check our plans on the 31st and I'll get back to you. Glad I caught a whiff of this thread via other thread!
Nick

User avatar
Brian Tuite
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 18827
Joined: July 3rd, 2010, 8:53 am
Location: Podunk CA

Re: It’s been too long, Old Vines Offline #6 - Aug 31st, Forestville - The Countdown

#64 Post by Brian Tuite » August 17th, 2019, 6:57 am

2 week notice, OP updated.
Bob Wood - 1949-2013 Berserker for eternity! RIP

"On self-reflection, I think a big part of it was me just being a PITA customer..." ~ Anonymous Berserker

"Something so subtle only I can detect it." ~ Randy Bowman

2019 WOTY...

User avatar
GregT
Posts: 7551
Joined: April 15th, 2009, 3:12 pm

Re: It’s been too long, Old Vines Offline #6 - Aug 31st, Forestville - The Countdown

#65 Post by GregT » August 17th, 2019, 2:43 pm

So - is the plan to do flights of three or four? I have a suspicion people will be bringing OV Zins so I'll bring a flight of OV Carignan.
G . T a t a r

[i]"the incorrect overuse of apostrophes is staggering these days. I wonder if half the adults these days have any idea what they are for." Chris Seiber, 5/14/19[/i]

David J
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 194
Joined: September 1st, 2015, 5:31 pm

Re: It’s been too long, Old Vines Offline #6 - Aug 31st, Forestville - The Countdown

#66 Post by David J » August 17th, 2019, 3:47 pm

I can bring some old vine zins. I'll have to check my cabs and bedrock selection to see what else qualifies.

If anyone wants, I can bring a BBQ brisket, Ribs or pork butt.

If we want to get funky on the grill, I have some wild game. Nilgai and Venison backstrap.
j = J 0 y c e
Itb

User avatar
Brian Tuite
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 18827
Joined: July 3rd, 2010, 8:53 am
Location: Podunk CA

Re: It’s been too long, Old Vines Offline #6 - Aug 31st, Forestville - The Countdown

#67 Post by Brian Tuite » August 17th, 2019, 5:04 pm

GregT wrote:
August 17th, 2019, 2:43 pm
So - is the plan to do flights of three or four? I have a suspicion people will be bringing OV Zins so I'll bring a flight of OV Carignan.
We usually just open bottles and go for it more casually than the Syrah nights. Sit around the table, pass the bottles back and forth, munch on goodies, shoot the shit. If you guys want to geek out we can.
David J wrote:
August 17th, 2019, 3:47 pm
I can bring some old vine zins. I'll have to check my cabs and bedrock selection to see what else qualifies.

If anyone wants, I can bring a BBQ brisket, Ribs or pork butt.
Dude! [worship.gif]

If we want to get funky on the grill, I have some wild game. Nilgai and Venison backstrap.
I can’t guarantee we get to everything but if you want to bring it I’m “game” [wink.gif] We have some vegetarians also so I need to keep them in mind as well.
Bob Wood - 1949-2013 Berserker for eternity! RIP

"On self-reflection, I think a big part of it was me just being a PITA customer..." ~ Anonymous Berserker

"Something so subtle only I can detect it." ~ Randy Bowman

2019 WOTY...

Post Reply

Return to “Offline Planner”