It’s been too long, Old Vines Offline #6 - Aug 31st, Forestville - The Round-Up

5 days to go. Check your inbox.

What: California Old Vine wines, (vines planted pre-1970)
Sub theme 2013 vintage

Wines
White
2010 Bedrock Cuvee Karatas
Red
1979 Edmeades Vineyards Zinfandel DuPratt Vineyard
1993 Ravenswood Zinfandel Old Hill
1997 St Francis Old Vines 3.0L
1999 Ravenswood Od Hill
1999 Ridge Nervo Late Harvest
2004 Tofanelli Zin
2004 W-S Feeney Ranch
2005 Scherrer OMV
2009 Carlisle Zinfandel Montafi Ranch
2013 Bedrock Monte Rosso
2013 Bedrock Carlisle
2013 Bedrock Oakville Farmhouse
2013 Carlisle Rossi Ranch
2013 HVS Bedrock Vyd
2013 Scherrer OMV
2013 Scherrer Winery Shale Terrace
2013 Limerick Lane RRV
2013 Valdez Family St. Peters Church
2013 Seghesio Home Ranch
2014 Talty Ponzo Zin
West Of Temperance “Poor Ranch Vineyard” Mendocino County Carignan
Dashe Cellars “Les Enfant Terribles - Evangelho Vineyard” Old Vine Carignan
Porter Creek “Old Vine” Mendocino Carignan

When: August 31st 3pm til -

Where: Casa Tuite, Podunk - USA, California, Sonoma County, Russian River Valley, Forestville.

Food:

I’ll fire up the BGE and the Weber. Let me know what you need. I’ll donate some Flannery to the grill: Hangers, Strips, Rib Eyes
I’m making an Asian Soba Noodle Salad
Assorted Cheeses
Crostinis with garden fresh Bruschetta
Individual Blackberry Crisps w/Vanilla Ice Cream

Bring what you would like to eat/add or just bring wine. Your choice.

Who:
Brian and Dava
Mike and Dana - Confirmed
R Foxall and Deb - Confirmed
Greg T - Confirmed
Richard Frankel - Confirmed
David J - Confirmed
Vamsi Kaipa - Confirmed
My Son-In-Law Ryan and his friend Mike - Confirmed
Heidi Flaherty - Confirmed

Pretty wide spread here, but if my schedule allows - I’m in.

No idea where you live

DB86EA96-1D2F-4407-ABBE-8DAB159C23A4.jpeg

Of course we will be there. Our no go weekends/Saturdays at this time are July 27 and August 3.

Let’s shoot for Aug 17th. That give Will a shot since it won’t be harvest yet.

Sounds great!

We’re in. No solid plans any weekends yet except 4th of July so let’s do this!

Count me in…

If you are open to the later part of October, I would definitely be in.

I also might know somebody that has a cow about ready to be slaughtered, so various beef cuts would be available for an incredible price (free).

Whew, let’s check this travel schedule. So, no can do July 20, 27; Aug. 3; Sept. 21, but I think I can handle the rest. Definitely want to be in on this. As I review my cellartracker, I see that it’s hard to find vineyards that old in large numbers. Possible contributions: Ridge Lytton
Springs Petite Sirah, Talty Filice Connolly Zin, W-S Feeney Ranch Zin, U. Valdez St. Peter’s Church Zin. Pretty much anything from Spring Mountain Winery. I do not have an animal sacrifice to offer, however.

Brian, I’ll be out again in early October helping my favorite winemaker. If this offline falls in that time period then count me in. If not, I hope we can catch up again while I’m there.

Keep me posted Brian. Of course I’d be interested. My wife may not be able to do it as she’s going to be busy with performance scheduling in the fall, and who knows what I’ll be up to. But if it’s at all possible, I’d love to see you guys so will do anything reasonable to make it work.

Roster is filling up so let’s try to nail down a date.

Sat Aug 17 2019 - Yea/Nay

Anyone have an aversion/allergy/religious objection to Fish Tacos or any fried food for that matter? Majority rules here, let me know your preferences. Heck I may have to do a replay in October if Tex wants to bring critter.

I am out until the October time frame with work commitments and travel all over the country.

We will be slaughtering another beef critter in the next two months, so if there is interest in an October get together, I can have our guy fabricate accordingly.

Brian, I’d love to come pending dates. Aug 17 is good for me for now. Maybe we can open that Becklyn you’ve been kindly storing for me :slight_smile: but I have no idea how old the vines are !

I’m a possible, would love to attend, date/schedule dependent!

August 17 is good for us. Danas’ Birthday!

I can’t do that weekend, as my FIL is in town, so if it IS that weekend, I’ll be sad to miss celebrating Dana!

New transplant to Calistoga and I would love to join if I could