BLIND Pinot Tasting (BURGUNDY v. CA PINOT! 6/22/19 Thousand Oaks Area - UPDATED SEE POST 39

A few years back I arranged a blind Pinot Tasting at Lazy Dog Cafe. About 18 people joined us in a Russian River v. Santa Rita Hills tasting and it was fun. Then, two years ago they wouldn’t do a big group on a Saturday, so I did it at my house (also in Thousand Oaks). So, I am gauging interest for a Pinot Tasting on a night in June. It could even be a Sunday Afternoon… Chime in on your interest! I do think it works best for about 14 people or one bottle won’t get to everyone.

SEE POST 39 FOR AN UPDATE

I may be interested, depending on date.

[thumbs-up.gif]

Dana & Mike for sure.

My wife and I would be interested depending on the date.

We’ll certainly join if the dates work.

Possibly…date dependent.

I’m in date depending. Any chance we can expand the theme to include red burg as well?

The last 2 weekends of the month would be best for us.

First and last Sunday are the only ones I can swing. Definitely interested though.

So in response to some of the above responses, we could do Calif. Pinot v. Red Burgundy (blind) and see how that flushes out. Can people tell me how are June 15 or 22 or 23?

22 or 23 work for me

Either weekend is open for us right now.

The 22nd or 23rd works best seeing as the 16th is Father’s Day but I do have the 15th open. Love the Cali Pinot vs. Red Burg theme. I’ll assume we are we bringing one of each.

Carpool?

Let’s block out June 22. If Lazy Dog won’t accommodate us, we will have a pot luck at our house (in Thousand Oaks two miles north of the 101).

It will be Red Burgundy v. California Pinot. One bottle per person, so if you are a couple, bring one of each region.

I’ll supply the protein on the Smoker or grill. I am posting those who expressed interest, and I am thinking we should cap at about 16. If you cannot make it, let me know:

UPDATED LIST:

Bruce and Laurie Rudman
Mike and Dana Stoneking
Scott and Andrea Watkins
Elliott Steele
Greg P (+1)
Brian Cotriel (+1)
Ron Freed (+1?)
Shane (you said Sundays - this is a Saturday)?
Adam G
Dominque & Marc Simon

I’m in for the 22nd and am just bringing myself. I’ll bring red burg most likely. Are we declaring what we are bringing so there is no overlap?

We are in San Diego on the 22nd so will have to miss this one. Looking forward to next time.

Sorry to miss you but keep watching in case the date changes…

Bruce

Well this thread has grown! Elliot you must mean Uber pool.