Westchester Co NY

It has been way too long since I have organized an event. How about New York’s backyard. After tax season though… perhaps end of April, any interest?

newhere

Sure. Count me in.

I am very interested and would make the trek as I know many of the New York gang and always enjoy their wines and company. Do you have any theme in mind ? I would prefer a dual theme of Champagne/ and Old World wines. Since Ridge MB, Corison, Dunn, Mayacamus, and Montelena are pretty classic, I think they would fit too. Just a suggestion, am flexible. I have been drinking Cali Cabs for 25 years and have tried most including most of the cults, including Screagle. I still enjoy them Now my palate is veering fast towards old world burgs, Bordeaux, Riesling and esp Champagne. Anyone like the idea ?

I like the idea… you and Hammer are on the same page with respect to Cali Cabs… although it has been a while since I have tasted with him and his palate might have changed.

I am also going to suggest tasting blind… so we can some fun…

INTERESTED!! [cheers.gif]

Never heard “Screagle” before LOL

My wife and I would probably both be interested, depending on date and location and all that stuff. We have a few older Cali cabs, like a 1982 Laurel Glenn that was supposedly ex chateau about 5 years ago from Posner and a 1999 Pahlmeyer Proprietary red. I also bought a bunch of inexpensive ones about 18 years ago to see how they would age that might be fun to open, like Kunde and Gallo Barrelli Creek and Montelena Calistoga Cuvee, just to see what happened to them. Post-2000 vintage, I have lots including a bunch of cults.

Older Bordeaux, I have 1989 Meyney, 1982 Pape Clement, 1999 Certain de May and a few others.

I could also bring a Saxum to make Hammer happy.

Civilian. You land a helicopter on their front lawn.

Ah NO. Hammer doesn’t do change well. Most of my cellar is California Cabernet 2007 - present. I own some board darlings under and over $100, many of which will make Jay happy, and Mark Golodetz unhappy. neener

I do have a few Champers just in case.

Yup Dan I kinda suspected you were new world buy but I am totally all over the map. Of course I love Becklyn like you do but I adore 89 Pichon Baron more. Do yourself a favor dont ever try a totally mature Bordeaux from a great vintage, it might lead to your financial demise like it did to me ! [wow.gif]

Bring a new world if you wish, or better yet bring a Champagne champagne.gif

Would be awesome if they let you, but last time i asked they told my Pilot to land across the street. We were exhausted after the 200 foot walk to the gate. I think though they would make an exception for Jeff OR MacKenzie ! [snort.gif]

Mr. Reff, Interested.

Mr Rippe, you would haul it up north off the island of Manhattan? Now this gets very interesting…

I too would be interested and my level of interest would vary based on the wine theme which I am pretty flexible with, the venue as well as the date.

Mike… good to see your name again… hope you’re well.

Depending on time and place, I’d love to join

I would be interested too.

Mike Reff, at this point in my life I can’t walk more than a block or two so alot depends on the details of the event. Date? (I can only do Sat, Sun, Wed) Sucks. Oh and BTW, can you pick me up at train station? [worship.gif] I have plenty of old wine and am starved for wine tastings. I haven’t come across but one in the past year or so. Sorry I’m so restricted, let’s see what everyone wants to do.

I would pick you up from the train station, no problem. Let me get though the next week or so, and then I will throw out some dates.

Thanks

Please PM me with some restaurant suggestions that have a non existent or very low corkage.

Thanks

This may help… Westchester County - New York - BYO Forum - Wine at Restaurants - WineBerserkers