Boston in June: 2004, 2005, & 2007-2017 Patricia Green Pinot Noir Estate Etzel Block Vertical & blind gathering

I’ve been a fan of the Patricia Green Cellars Pinot Noir Estate Etzel Block bottling for a long, long time. I’ve got a vertical of the wine with the following vintages (2004, 2005 & 2007-2017). I’ve found one of the greatest ways to understand a wine is to tase a Vertical. So, I’d like to hold an offline to get together with people that have an interest in joining me. I’d like this to be as many people as possible Hence the Boston/Portland/Bangor posting. I’ll host it wherever I can get the most people to attend. I also want there to be enough to taste…so my maximum number of people I want is ten(10) not counting myself and Jim Anderson. Jim has expressed a willingness/interest in possibly joining this gathering. If so, I’d like to make sure we roll out the red carpet with some fun and interesting blind wines. Anyone that attends please bring a wine that you are excited about and want to serve blind to share with the group. Dinner as planned at 5pm.

Venues

Boston - I’m open to going anywhere that will have/host us. If you’re from Boston and have a recommendation please include this in your post.

Total (12)
Jim Anderson +1 (confirmed!)
Kirk
Doug
Jim & Jacqueline
Alicia Cypress
Ray
Ara
Tariq K.
Jonathan Sirot
David K.

Kirk, My wife Jacqueline and I would love to participate at almost whatever the venue/locale you come up with. Only one big IF for us is that it would work only if scheduled for May or later. Either way, great idea. Best, -Jim

Kirk - I would be interested and have a venue in Boston that can work. Could also do Portland, Bangor is a bit too far. Would happily bring something interesting to share. Obviously very date dependent. Would be great to catch up with you (and Doug?) again.

I might be interested if it’s here in Boston (or if it’s on a weekend, I could up come to Portland). Sadly, don’t know of any good venue suggestions :frowning:

Jud,

Awesome!! It’ll be great to catch up with you and yes…I’m certain Doug will join us. The only reason there is no date yet is because I wanted to check in with Jim to see if he could join us if there is a time that would be best. I’ll second this that May/June would be a good time for me. If we can do it in Boston, I think that would be best. There is sediment in these wines and if at all possible it would be great if the location would allow for the storage (and not moving them) for a few months before. However, if that’s not possible, I’ll probably just store them at Doug’s house and then open them before we drive to decant for sediment and then return them to the bottle.

The Event is now full, taking waiting lists

Ah crud - didn’t see this right away. Please put me on wait list. Thanks!

[snort.gif] So upset that this is the east coat Portland champagne.gif

I’m going to tag this thread for myself on the very outside chance that I could coordinate a visit to Boston sometime in that time period. If I can, I would love to join!

Mike

Can I be added to the waiting list please? I’m also date dependent (could only attend if held on a weekday before June 24th). Thanks!

I’d be interested in joining as well and would get on the waiting list. I don’t have any PG in the cellar but I’ve enjoyed the wines before. I could bring something else interesting to drink.

Please add me to the waitlist also

Done…and it seems that June is most likely the best for Jim. As his dates get more firm, I’ll update this and we’ll try to secure a day & time.

Hi Jim, I’d be interested in attending if I can make the date work. Can you please add me to the wait list. Thanks!

Kirk -

I think you missed me. I’d love to be on the waiting list. Thanks.

Wow, fantastic event! Looking forward to the notes/details after the event

Sorry about that…you’re back in the list.

It is exciting, and I hope it will be one for the memory banks…

Maybe we can link up the next time I’m out your way in Palm Springs?

Hi

I just moved to Boston from Chicago…I see there is a waiting list but heck…throw me on also

If anyone in Boston has any other get togethers would love to join

Greg

Greg,

Glad to add you to the group. There are a few people who may not be able to make it that are trying to iron out their schedules. So I’d say it’s likely that some on the waiting list may get to join us. Welcome to Boston…