Falltacular BYOB Friday Night Kick-off Dinner--2/15/19 @ 6PM

Keeping the tradition going, we’ll have our cool Friday night BYOB kick-off dinner on February 15th @ 6PM at Luciana’s in Dana Point.

Mark Jones and Neudesic will once again provide a custom wine stem for the dinner so like last year, you will not need to bring stems. A big thank you again Mark and the support from Neudesic to fund these glasses. Mark and I then ensure that for every glass, a donation of $10 is made to Laura’s House, which we anticipate will raise another $700 (or more). You keep the glass as a memory and Laura’s House sees additional support.
For the dinner meal, we will once again return back to Luciana’s in Dana Point who are eager to work with us again. I dig Luciana’s because they have tenured staff, they support the community and they have a solid, well-prepared menu. I will post a menu when we I have it but for those who remember 2016, expect a similar kind of family-style that is coursed out. The cost for the meal will be $60 all-inclusive. You are welcome to add additional tip to the serving staff if you want to thank them. There will be no corkage so you can BYOB and as many bottles as you like. This is a core tradition of the Friday dinner.

Luciana’s 24312 Del Prado Ave, Dana Point, CA 92629 http://www.lucianas.com/

And finally, it worked so well last year that I want to continue the practice of collecting the entire cost of the meal in advance, helping us avoid the chaos of collecting at the end of the dinner. However, I want to move to a single PayPal payment option, and eliminate the option of mailed checks. While several of you used the mailed check option last year, it ends up creating manual transactions and other issues on my end. PayPal enables me to keep track of all the payments electronically. When the time arrives, you will PayPal me the funds to my account, which is drfm3@cox.net. Do not PayPal me yet—see below.

Starting January 1st, I will begin accepting PayPal funds, for payment of up to 2 people, or $140. I will not accept payment for more than 2 people. The sell-out point occurs at 65 people, at which time I will start a wait list. Luciana’s has a covered patio out front and if the weather is clear, we can convert the entire wait list, not to exceed 90 people total for the event. Once we know the forecast for the Friday dinner, typically 7 days out, we can evaluate any wait list situation.

For those of you who have new people wanting to attend the Friday dinner, and if they do not access Wine Berserkers or Facebook, I will need your help to explain to them the process. I appreciate this support, your advocacy to make sure they get what they need.

Any questions, please post or message me. Again, no PayPal until January 1st. !!!

Frank, 2 people $140, so it’s $70pp not $60pp? Asking for a friend. [wink.gif]

Yes, 70 per person. 10 goes to Laura’s House (you keep the glass) and 60 goes to Luciana’s. Zero goes to Frank, to make sure that is clear, too.

When using Paypal, send as a gift to avoid fees. That’s the way I do it for the Di Fara’s offline.

Thank you, Dan. I will look at that when we get ready to call for money.

“Friend” who can’t read neener

Hey now…

Happy holidays once again and now almost the new year, too. Starting midnight tonight where you live, you are welcome to pre-pay for the Friday BYOB dinner. It is $70 per person, for up to two people, or $140 max. This enables you to attend the dinner, which is $60 all-inclusive for the food portion, and also gets you the Friday Falltacular custom stem. Your glass enables Mark Jones and his firm Neudesic, to make an additional $10 donation to Laura’s House. This is how your $70 is purposed.

To make your PayPal payment, please do it to my email address, which is drfm3@cox.net. Please make sure any fee is captured on your side so that we receive even amounts of 70 or 140.

We will start a wait list after 65 people are paid. Assuming we get good weather for the event, and we can sit people on the outside dining area, we would then bring in a portion or all of the wait list.

Thanks so much.

Done… Thanks to Frank and to Mark Jones.

Was the first time I stayed up til midnight on NYE since I can’t remember. (Not a typo, I really can’t remember)
B64241A7-F16C-41A7-9174-279F0E651BBD.jpeg

Got our payment in this morning!

Happy new year everyone, thank you all for sending money over via PayPal. We are at 60 paid, which means we have 5 slots left before we start the waiting list. Pay now if you want to get locked for the dinner. Once we hit 65 paid, we will do a wait list. You will need to pay if you want to be locked and if we don’t get the wait list in, I can pay you back after the event is over.

You can find the payments in the file by using the attached link.

Not finding the Friday night dinner??

If you login to the Falltacular Facebook Page the updated file is there. You’re listed as paid +1 fir the dinner.

Thanks Brian. I have not ever accessed Facebook for this event relying on the posts herein. I’m the rookie here and still learning how’s to play. Even sending a Paypal payment to a person was a new experience.

And you thought all we did was drink wine. We got you to the OCFalltacular FB page and on PayPal. What next?
By the way, love your auction lot. I see myself and Brian Tuite fighting for that one. [berserker.gif]

I’m a lover, not a fighter.

I want to let those know who have not paid or who got in late, that the event is now full. If you elect to still sign on for the dinner, we do have the option that you can pay via PayPal now, go on the wait list and we stand by to see how the weather will be as we get into the days just before the event. If the weather is good, we can seat people outside on the heated area and will have room for some/all of the wait list. For the small amount (about 6 couples, of which a few Berserkers they are), I can refund your money back now via PayPal and take you off the wait list. As a default, I will leave people on the wait list and hold funds UNLESS you tell me in reply now to refund it back. Happy to do whatever you like.

We have surely reached a point where this event has reached its big person pants. Wow.

The payments have slowed down now, just a few more received today, which have to go onto the Wait List. Please, if you and/or your +1 for any reason need to cancel, please alert me so we can move the wait list into the event as much as able. Having good weather will certainly be the save we need but we cannot rely on the weather for it. These are the folks who are now waiting:

PP 140 Jack Limor X
PP 135.64 Edit Komberg X
PP 140 Sidney Stone X
PP 140 Scott Watkins X
PP 140 Lindsey Powers X
PP 140 Christopher Powers X
PP 140 Nancy Hamill X
PP 70 Darren Delmore
PP 140 Dave Alles X

An update here too…

With rain, it is not likely any of the wait list above gets in so if you are paid/confirmed and you have changed your mind or cannot make it, please let me know. We did have that happen already and I was able to move some of the wait list into the event.