Falltacular 2019--Saturday, 2/16/2019 @ My Place In The OC

Hard to think another year has passed, and here we are again with another blast of Falltacular. Last year was our 12th year, and we busted through $40,000 raised which was our best year ever. THANK YOU to all who attended, donated, bought in the auction, volunteered, all of it–this is why we continue to thrive year after year. So, let me cut right to the chase and announce it is time to mail your checks if you wish to attend 2019. Here is the donation process:

1. $85 minimum donation, with my invitation that you round up to $100 per person, a small but helpful difference to Laura’s House. For assurance too, I will NOT be posting who donates what amount, only that your check has been received and you’re confirmed. The amount you write is both appreciated and kept private to me. NOTE–this is the same donation expectations as last year, no increase.

2. You may mail a check for up to 2 people total. So, if you are coming solo and want to bring a new person, do it. Or, you attend as usual with a spouse or friend, write it for 2. All new people to the event will be contacted by me, as my policy is to know everyone who attends.

3. Your check must be made out to Laura’s House and mailed to the following address. You can convey mail your check however you like–USPS, drive it over, overnight, etc. On your check, in the memo section, put your phone # so if we have to phone you (say you’re new to the event or the wait list has begun), we can reach you.

Falltacular 2019
C/o Laura’s House
999 Corporate Drive, Suite #225
Ladera Ranch, CA 92694
949-361-3775

1. Total attendance. Cap again this year is 150 people–this includes everyone who will be in the house so I encourage you to handle your check timely. Once we reach the collective attendance goal, I will start a wait list. We would then contact the check mailer (you!) and ask if you want to be wait listed or have your check mailed back.

For those who are new or wish to learn more, there is an FAQ, which can be found using this Dropbox link Dropbox - Falltacular - Simplify your life. We also have our Facebook page called OCFalltacular. It’s where you can see photos from past years and interact in another platform if that is what you prefer. I will again use the Facebook page to incorporate the same messaging and event updates that you will find here on Wine Berserkers. Not everyone uses or visits both sites so you may use either (or both) to interact about the event and post things for others to see, and to obtain event info as we draw closer. OCFalltacular | Facebook

Thank you all for the many years of support, and to Todd, for this forum, as it has been the driver of the event’s success and we march on together for another year! As I said last year, and I mean it with all due respect…love you, Frenchie. flirtysmile

PS–yes, we will do the annual Friday BYOB pre-event dinner, with the location TBD. We do not require you to attend the main Saturday event if you only wish to attend the Friday dinner.

Check going out Monday morning. Excited to attend again in 2019!

What Brian said and thank you Frank for all you do [cheers.gif]

In of course flirtysmile

In +1.

Check is in the box. See ya!

Golf?

All these posts so far are from people outside the OC area, which is a terrific complement. Thank you for signing on to be here.

Check is in the mail! Looking forward to another great event!

Favorite event of the year. Check dropped in the box today. Cheers!

It looks like we’re going to be out of town this year, so maybe 2020 will be the one!

The check is in the mail.

I am now doing a refresh of the Dropbox documents, mainly the Event File, which shows whose checks we have received, as well as the winery commitments and silent auction items. If you want to geek out on these cool details, then visit the Dropbox link and get your groove on.

We received a # of checks today, as well as the early responses from several winery partners, and we have silent auction items committed, including a 5 liter from Sean Kennedy. Big boy there that feeds many thirsty people, and that vintage of En Bas continues to drink great, as I had a 750 of it a few months ago and it was still cruising right along.

Long ways to go here but in the meantime, thank you all for the fast support out of the gate.

Frank, If all goes according to the plan we should have family coming in from MI, TX and NC for the event! Looking forward to it. Anyone need something from MI? Happy to bring some of the cold weather.

Me + 3 please for Friday dinner and Falltac. I will coordinate the U.S. based twosome for their cheques. Rob, sure hope so!

Backroads, will be great to see you again!

Thanks, Frank.

Mike

Real Polish Kielbasa!

Check mailed. Please add me to the volunteer list. Count me in for the Friday night dinner as well.

I’ll let your buddy Jen know!
IMG_6271.jpeg

Yay! :kissing_heart:

Check going out today for myself & +1. Looking forward to this!

Wow. It will be awesome to meet you at last, Jorge!