Portland OR - any burg lovers want to drink with the newbies?

Hi Portland Bersekers,

My wife and I recently moved from London. She’s British, I’m from Chicago. We were trying to figure out how to meet some of you.

I was wondering if there were any burg lovers interested in joining an off-line?

Place: TBD
Date: TBD - I’d love early December, so it’s nice and holiday-like.
Theme: TBD - doesn’t need to be too grand.

I’m a little nervous proposing an off-line to folks I don’t know, but it worked well when I did the same after arriving in London ten years ago. Why not try again?

What do you think?

Many of the members at Willamette Wine Storage are big burgundy fans. You could look at joining.

Always happy to drink some Burgundy!

I’m in Walla Walla which is around 4 hrs away so if its on a weekend maybe I could join, always wanted to visit Portland.

This is a good start, I cellar at Portland Wine Storage and they have a good mix. Also a members lounge with stem ware.

Does Willamette Wine Storage have a lounge?

I my opinion, many PDX wine enthusiasts are local AVA fans and you might have more success combining.

Cheers
Jeremy

Jeremy,
I used to be at PWS. I personally prefer WWS for their community of wine enthusiasts. Every Wednesday is a themed social and there are plenty of informal gatherings. Yes, there is a lounge.

I’ll check it out, thank you

I’d be up for something early Decemberish.

I would be up for something.
If something gets going, send a PM. I don’t check this area too often.

Did anything get organized here?

My focus areas:

• Cote d’Or
  • Piedmont
  • Champagne, grower
  • Loire
  • Jura

Old-school, traditional producers.

I also plan to be at La Paulee for the 11th year in a couple of weeks.

Thanks, -mark

Mark,
Nothing did, but I’m willing to participate or host a the wine locker for up to four others. I have mainly Oregon Pinot, but I do own a few burgs.

I’ve also just moved to the area and would be interested in anything that gets organized :slight_smile:

I am interested in a get together, organized or just bring a bottle. I have access to several other collectors New World or Old, I’m more in the New World camp. Maybe a private room or restaurant gathering? I can offer Portland Wine Storage space up to 8 people for free, after that it’s a $100 room rental.

If someone plans something for a Friday or Saturday (during school year), let me know. I can probably make most themes work, except if it is white Burgundy.

Bumping this thread to see if we can’t actually get something hashed out.

Last Friday in May? First Friday in June?

I’m up for either date!

I have a 2010 Pinot noir event I’m hosting, I might a few spaces available. The date is 2/9 and the event is a private.
Hit me up if you are interested.

I’m not on the board that often, but always interested in meeting cool wine lovers in PDX. I store part of the cellar at WWS, too, so that’s convenient.

Marshall I sent you a pm.

I’m up in Seattle and would gladly drive down to Portland for a great tasting, but I’m not available this weekend. I’m posting here only to humbly request that you post TNs!