Krug Vertical Tasting: Longo Seafood, Rosemead CA 12-1-18

6:30 PM 12-1-18 at Longo Seafood in Rosemead.

Lineup:

Bob - 85
Eric - 88
Jonathan - 90
Andre - 95
Jeff - 96
Mrs. ERPark - 98
Scott - 00
Charlie - 02
ERPark - 03
Brandon - 04

Yikes, that is well above the price point of anything I’ve ever bought. Literally. I do quite like bubbly, of course, as does my lovely wife.

Well, perhaps it’s time to try something new? [cheers.gif]

I’ve 88, 90, 95, and 96.

Good picks! I’m hoping we can get some other folks to come out of the woodwork as well.

If any of you are without Krug but stocked on Salon, I would not run you off! champagne.gif

I’ve also 82, 85, 88, 90 Salon.

if this ever gets off the ground i can toss in an 02 krug

Hey it wouldn’t be the worst night I ever had if the three of us drank three bottles of Krug!

more for everyone!

for me - tuesdays/thursdays are best but can also do most any saturday with some advanced notice.

I have 95.

Oh, I’d love to try it! We should be able to swing buying a bottle of the NV (if that’s permissible) plus bringing a second non-Krug bottle. Maybe a dessert wine. That is, of course, if the group agrees.

I could bring a bottle of the '04.

Hey we’re getting something together here! So far:

Bob - 85
Eric - 88
Jonathan - 90
Andre - 95
Jeff - 96
Mrs ERPark - 98
Scott - 00
Charlie - 02
ERPark - 03
Brandon - 04

I think in the spirit of fairness and consistency I’d like to stick to a bottle of vintage per attendee. This time of year there are quite a few champagne sales. I’m sure you can find a good deal!

Since it seems we’re reaching critical mass, I need to start thinking about a venue and some dates. Given that I’m not an LA local, you guys will know better than I do what places would accommodate us. I’m thinking seafood / sushi but I’m open to suggestions.

Heck, I might be up to flying down for this, given enough advance notice. Could contribute an '03 Krug to the party…

Live king crab at Longo Seafood in Monterey park? No corkage. We can get a private room. Lots of seafood based stuff

No problem…I certainly respect that. I’ll keep an eye on things, both here and for sales and see if it comes together.

Hey I like crab, and I like no corkage! I have never really stayed out east of LA before so I guess that could be a sort of adventure.

What dates are we thinking?