Boston - Possible dinner on 10/1

I’m traveling to Boston for work and would be open on Monday, 10/1…

Would anyone be interested in sharing some nice bottles over dinner? Is there a local group I could crash?

I could bring something from SF or buy the day of in town (recommendations for wine shops are welcome :slight_smile:)

Hi Andy, we might be doing N/S Rhone wines Monday Oct 1st. I’ll PM you…

I’d be interested in joining if I can get out of work at a reasonable time.

Hey Andy, Brian,

Looks like our Rhone dinner has completely collapsed (couldn’t get a res at the restaurant we wanted to go to, family issues).

Since Andy is staying at Copley, how about instead we just meet up downtown for some non-byob? I’ve been hearing great things about:

Haley.Henry Wine Bar
45 Province St
Boston, MA 02108
617-208-6000

Monday: 3PM-12AM

It was written up in Bon Appetit magazine a couple of weeks ago:

Boston Globe review:

Cheers,
Kevin

That sounds good to me. What time? I usually can’t get out of work until 6pm at the earliest, would 7pm be ok?

Sounds good to me too :slight_smile: 7pm works well

Just to be clear (Haley Henry doesn’t seem to have a wine list online): no need to bring a bottle, we’re ordering off their list? I was going to pick up a bottle of 2013 Jamet Cote Rotie for the Northern Rhône dinner and would still be happy to do that if it makes sense :slight_smile:

BYOB unfortunately isn’t really a thing in Boston. I think maybe one or two locations in Boston itself have it, otherwise you’re looking at suburbs that have some restaurants with corkage.

There is only ONE legal byob restaurant in the Boston area, 300 Saratoga Cafe, in East Boston. Even despite the new law allowing byob license in some of the outlying neighborhoods. Other towns in the area have their own rules, so for example, there is one legal byob in Watertown (which just seems like a Boston neighborhood to me!). A few in Wellesley. A few in Woburn. And so on…

As far as Haley.Henry, since it is a wine bar in Boston proper, I doubt they would let us byob. But it’s a wine bar, so I think we should explore their list anyway.

7PM Monday would work for me!

No reservations, but I think there is a way to call them earlier and put our name down on the wait list for later, so I will check on that. Let’s exchange cell numbers by email…

Thanks for explaining the BYOB rules, I’ll keep the Jamet on the shelf :slight_smile:

I sent you both a PM with my cell number. If nothing comes up, I’ll see you there at 7pm tomorrow!

Of course there are always those restaurants that allow people to do it under the table, but we try not to post about that online.

Great hanging out with you and Brian, Andy. How was the rest of your trip? Did you make it to Craigie?