Central NJ Supper Club - September (date changed)

Reservations have been made for our second NJ Supper Club meal. If you’re interested in joining the September reservation please respond here (PM works too). Space is limited.

September 22, 7:15 PM (Saturday)
Wine theme: Argentine
Under the Moon
210 Farnsworth Ave
Bordentown, NJ

Confirmed: 7

two minor rules
-1 Bottle of varietal-ly appropriate wine of decent quality per person (unless you’re bringing a DD).
-Even split of the bill (+20% tip)

September - Argentine, Bordentown
October - Spanish, Princeton
November - French, Bordentown
December - Napa/Sonoma, TBD
(schedule not set in stone, amenable to suggestions on other BYOB restaurants)

-Christine

Allison and I are in, with the caveat that I have zero Argentinian wines in the cellar. But I promise to bring something great. :slight_smile:

I have no Argentinean wines either, even though I have a large cellar. I sent you a PM Christine, about possibly bringing a Champagne or other options. Let me know what works. Thanks. It will be good to see you again, David .

Egads, David, Jonathan and I each have wine cellars with over 1,000 bottles of vino, and we have zero bottles of Argentine wines? (shocked) As I am a Francophile…don’t cry for me.

Argentina. The truth is, I never left you! All through my wild days…my mad existence

Don’t cry for me?:slight_smile:

…I kept my promise…don’t keep your distance.

Back from Oregon and kinda wish this was Willamette wine dinner (got lots to share) - but it’s not, I digress.

I’m happy to make this South American wine themed :slight_smile:
And sparkling for those who have nothing from South America!

Since I don’t have any Argentinian wines in my cellar, I’m bringing a 2008 Tierra Roja Cabernet Sauvignon (www.cellartracker.com/wine.asp?iWine=1247502), because it sounds like it could be an Argentinian wine.

And a 2014 Sandhi Chardonnay Sanford & Benedict Vineyard (www.cellartracker.com/wine.asp?iWine=2314325), because Sandhi sounds like it could be coming from anywhere.

Have no idea what I’m going to do next month if we go to a Spanish restaurant, same problem - no Spanish wines in the cellar. :slight_smile:

Christina, thank you again for organizing this, and look forward to seeing everyone!

Hey all! I have a few minutes free today so I going to pick up some Argentine wine for Saturday. I’ll see you all on Saturday evening assuming I survive Friday night’s offline in south Philly. If you read that thread, the amount of wine (and perhaps food) is getting downright scary! (Christine, I have been gathering and cellaring Oregon pinots from the stellar 2008 vintage for a few years with a goal of putting together a themed vintage pinot tasting. I’ll let you know when it goes from theoretical to the planning stage.)

Not sure of the wine glasses at our venue. As I am bringing 12 glasses for champagne/riesling/sauterne for tonight’s offline in Philly (there is a picture of the glass in that thread), I will bring those tomorrow together with 6 decanters. As I am driving a wagon, I am also bringing 12 larger bowled red wine glasses so we can compare and contrast.

Ok, this is friggin’ cool - a supper club offline!!! Wish we had those out here in Socal, but I can fondly remember those in Wisconsin (still go each time I visit) - not sure how a wine event would work at any of them, however…particularly because I’m too busy loading up on massive $3.50 Old Fashioneds!

Sounds like you are supremely prepared!! I can’t wait to hear how tonight’s philly offline went. The restaurant for Saturday night has electric glassware. I’m definitely bringing my own stems :slight_smile:

Looking forward to seeing everyone at 7:15

I rummaged through my stash and found two “definite” bottles for tonight

2011 Bodega Noemia Malbec (Patagonia) - this is my nice contribution

2008 Benegas Libertad Vineyards Finca Libertad (Mendoza) - Bordeaux style blend. - this is the “God only knows” contribution

Still determine the white…

No Unico in your cellar?? [swoon.gif]
No Unico here either, but I do have a 2013 Alion by VS.