Central NJ Supper Club - September (date changed)

Announcements and planning of Offline events
C h r i s t i n e Z u b r i s

Central NJ Supper Club - September (date changed)

#1 Post by C h r i s t i n e Z u b r i s » September 6th, 2018, 1:06 pm

Reservations have been made for our second NJ Supper Club meal. If you're interested in joining the September reservation please respond here (PM works too). Space is limited.

September 22, 7:15 PM (Saturday)
Wine theme: Argentine
Under the Moon
210 Farnsworth Ave
Bordentown, NJ

Confirmed: 7

two minor rules
-1 Bottle of varietal-ly appropriate wine of decent quality per person (unless you're bringing a DD).
-Even split of the bill (+20% tip)

September - Argentine, Bordentown
October - Spanish, Princeton
November - French, Bordentown
December - Napa/Sonoma, TBD
(schedule not set in stone, amenable to suggestions on other BYOB restaurants)

-Christine
-CZ

DavidFrankil
GCC Member
GCC Member

Re: Central NJ Supper Club - September (date changed)

#2 Post by DavidFrankil » September 9th, 2018, 7:49 am

Allison and I are in, with the caveat that I have zero Argentinian wines in the cellar. But I promise to bring something great. :)
My avatar is a twelfth century Berserker Lewis rook, from the British Museum. "He stands armed with a sword and exposes his huge teeth with which he bites into his shield. It is this gesture that identifies him as a Berserker – a fierce warrior drawn from Norse mythology that bites his shield in a self-induced frenzy prior to battle."

Jonathan Sirot

#3 Post by Jonathan Sirot » September 9th, 2018, 8:13 am

I have no Argentinean wines either, even though I have a large cellar. I sent you a PM Christine, about possibly bringing a Champagne or other options. Let me know what works. Thanks. It will be good to see you again, David .

ChristopherSK

#4 Post by ChristopherSK » September 10th, 2018, 5:03 pm

Egads, David, Jonathan and I each have wine cellars with over 1,000 bottles of vino, and we have zero bottles of Argentine wines? (shocked) As I am a Francophile.............don't cry for me.
Chri$toph3r S K0y$te

ChristopherSK

#5 Post by ChristopherSK » September 13th, 2018, 2:05 pm

Argentina. The truth is, I never left you! All through my wild days.............my mad existence
Chri$toph3r S K0y$te

DavidFrankil
GCC Member
GCC Member

#6 Post by DavidFrankil » September 13th, 2018, 5:08 pm

ChristopherSK wrote:
September 13th, 2018, 2:05 pm
Argentina. The truth is, I never left you! All through my wild days.............my mad existence
Don't cry for me?:)
My avatar is a twelfth century Berserker Lewis rook, from the British Museum. "He stands armed with a sword and exposes his huge teeth with which he bites into his shield. It is this gesture that identifies him as a Berserker – a fierce warrior drawn from Norse mythology that bites his shield in a self-induced frenzy prior to battle."

ChristopherSK

#7 Post by ChristopherSK » September 16th, 2018, 4:16 pm

...I kept my promise...........don't keep your distance.
Chri$toph3r S K0y$te

Re: Central NJ Supper Club - September (9-22)

#8 Post by C h r i s t i n e Z u b r i s » September 18th, 2018, 4:04 pm

Back from Oregon and kinda wish this was Willamette wine dinner (got lots to share) - but it’s not, I digress.

I’m happy to make this South American wine themed :)
And sparkling for those who have nothing from South America!
-CZ

DavidFrankil
GCC Member
GCC Member

#9 Post by DavidFrankil » September 19th, 2018, 4:46 am

Since I don't have any Argentinian wines in my cellar, I'm bringing a 2008 Tierra Roja Cabernet Sauvignon (www.cellartracker.com/wine.asp?iWine=1247502), because it sounds like it could be an Argentinian wine.

And a 2014 Sandhi Chardonnay Sanford & Benedict Vineyard (www.cellartracker.com/wine.asp?iWine=2314325), because Sandhi sounds like it could be coming from anywhere.

Have no idea what I'm going to do next month if we go to a Spanish restaurant, same problem - no Spanish wines in the cellar. :)

Christina, thank you again for organizing this, and look forward to seeing everyone!

ChristopherSK

#10 Post by ChristopherSK » September 19th, 2018, 6:08 am

Hey all! I have a few minutes free today so I going to pick up some Argentine wine for Saturday. I'll see you all on Saturday evening assuming I survive Friday night's offline in south Philly. If you read that thread, the amount of wine (and perhaps food) is getting downright scary! (Christine, I have been gathering and cellaring Oregon pinots from the stellar 2008 vintage for a few years with a goal of putting together a themed vintage pinot tasting. I'll let you know when it goes from theoretical to the planning stage.)
Chri$toph3r S K0y$te

ChristopherSK

#11 Post by ChristopherSK » September 21st, 2018, 11:51 am

Not sure of the wine glasses at our venue. As I am bringing 12 glasses for champagne/riesling/sauterne for tonight's offline in Philly (there is a picture of the glass in that thread), I will bring those tomorrow together with 6 decanters. As I am driving a wagon, I am also bringing 12 larger bowled red wine glasses so we can compare and contrast.
Chri$toph3r S K0y$te

Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>

#12 Post by Todd F r e n c h » September 21st, 2018, 11:58 am

Ok, this is friggin' cool - a supper club offline!!! Wish we had those out here in Socal, but I can fondly remember those in Wisconsin (still go each time I visit) - not sure how a wine event would work at any of them, however...particularly because I'm too busy loading up on massive $3.50 Old Fashioneds!
Apparently I'm lazy, have a narrow agenda, and offer little in the way of content and substance (RMP) (and have a "penchant for gossip" -KBI)

#13 Post by C h r i s t i n e Z u b r i s » September 21st, 2018, 9:57 pm

ChristopherSK wrote:
September 21st, 2018, 11:51 am
Not sure of the wine glasses at our venue. As I am bringing 12 glasses for champagne/riesling/sauterne for tonight's offline in Philly (there is a picture of the glass in that thread), I will bring those tomorrow together with 6 decanters. As I am driving a wagon, I am also bringing 12 larger bowled red wine glasses so we can compare and contrast.

Sounds like you are supremely prepared!! I can’t wait to hear how tonight’s philly offline went. The restaurant for Saturday night has electric glassware. I’m definitely bringing my own stems :)
-CZ

DavidFrankil
GCC Member
GCC Member

#14 Post by DavidFrankil » September 22nd, 2018, 7:15 am

Looking forward to seeing everyone at 7:15

#15 Post by C h r i s t i n e Z u b r i s » September 22nd, 2018, 11:04 am

I rummaged through my stash and found two “definite” bottles for tonight

2011 Bodega Noemia Malbec (Patagonia) - this is my nice contribution

2008 Benegas Libertad Vineyards Finca Libertad (Mendoza) - Bordeaux style blend. - this is the “God only knows” contribution

Still determine the white...
-CZ

#16 Post by C h r i s t i n e Z u b r i s » September 22nd, 2018, 11:09 am

DavidFrankil wrote:
September 19th, 2018, 4:46 am
Have no idea what I'm going to do next month if we go to a Spanish restaurant, same problem - no Spanish wines in the cellar. :)

No Unico in your cellar?? [swoon.gif]
No Unico here either, but I do have a 2013 Alion by VS.
-CZ

Return to “Offline Planner”