NYC - Barolo (10/11) & Barbaresco (10/17) @ Fabio Cucina

Barolo (Thursday 10/11 @ 6:45PM)
Sh@n A: 2013 Burlotto Monvigliero
Jonathan Sirot: 2005 A. Conterno Cicala
CliftonD: 2008 Oddero Brunate
Greg K: 2006 Brovia Garblet Sue
Julius L: 2007 Sandrone Le Vigne
Champagne: Greg K has offered to generously bring an additional bottle of champagne

Barbaresco (Wednesday 10/17@ 6:45PM)
Sh@n A: 2004 Roagna Asili
Diane Kessler: 2001 Giacosa Asili
Julius L: 2005 Sottimano Barbaresco Currá
Thomas Rippe: 2011 Pio Cesare Il Bricco
Champagne: Billicart Salmon Rose via Mr Rippe

Maybe:
Jonathan Sirot

Details
Roster Size: Target 9, at least 5
Wine: Something nice (really rough guidepost of $100+ bottle)
Stems: Restaurant

Please PM me if you wish to get added/removed to list; this will allow for consistent time stamping in case there is overage.

I defer to groups wishes on Champagne (please post below your preference or donation of a 10th bottle!)
Please send me your wines now or closer to date
Please PM me any suggestions or post here below

Please add me to the Barbaresco dinner.

Thanks,
Tom

Thanks to Tom for generously offering to bring a bottle of Champagne to the Barbaresco dinner!

Don’t you just love a new kid moving in on the block and a starting off with a big splash! I’ll bite. My Barbaresco collection is a bit light, but I’ll go for the Barolo dinner. I have to check my actual cellar, but if Cellartracker is right, how about a 2000 A. Conterno Granbussia.

Nerve racking for all sorts of reasons. Does bringing a sparkling red nebbiolo preclude me from future invites? How many stems is not enough or too much? Who is going to manage the pouring? Jay Hack has my favorite avatar and he is really going to come too!

How do you dinner + plates + glasses? I can see 8 glasses being great, letting wine evolve in the glass, etc., equally - letting you go back and revisit etc. But this seems only feasible for a “tasting” with some platters of cheese/charcuterie, vs. a full on dinner with a full plate in front of you.

errant duplicate post

errant duplicate post

I’ll bring a 2006 Brovia Garblet Sue

Happy to bring a bottle of champagne to this one.

Looking for a new restaurant location TBD…

New spot:
Fabio Cucina Italiana
http://fabiocucinaitaliana.com/

Food $80 + Corkage $15 + Tax (8.5%) + Tip (20%) = $122/person

Family style appetizer selection
Family style pasta tasting course (including mushroom risotto or ravioli, etc.)
Choose your own entree (including steak, steal, pork)
Choose your own dessert

3 red steps, 1 champagne stem, and I potentially 1 white stem

After perusing my small but quality selection of Barolos in my cellar, I have decided that I will bring a 2005 A. Conterno Cicala. It will be nice to compare to Jay’s 2000.

See the chambers tastings posted on their website for barbaresco & barolo:

This restaurant is literally around the corner from my office. If anyone wants to drop off bottles early for decanting or just storage so you do not have to schlepp (an Italian term) them all over the city, I will only take a small taste.

Anyone up for the Bepe Rinaldi tribute dinner being hosted by Levi Dalton on 10/8? Or, the Chambers St. tastings on 10/13 and 11/10?

Going to all three of the Chambers tastings. Looks like some others from here going as well. Look forward to meeting perhaps ahead of dinner.

I’ll be at the first tasting as well.

what are you referring to when you said “ahead of dinner”?