DALLAS FORT WORTH Berserker Event in November

Dallas “BERSERKERFEST” Nov. 16-17th

Nov. 16th - Grailey’s - 1544 Edison St., Dallas, TX 75207
Location Notes: Grailey’s entrance is largely unmarked. It is adjacent to Frosted Art Bakery, which has a bright pink facade. Grailey’s is next door with a brown tile front. Walk into the entrance. No need to knock. I’ll be there by 4:30 or so. The event will take place in the back room. Straight down the main corridor all the way to the back. If you are met by staff (they’re wonderful), just let them know you’re here for the Berserkers event or just for John’s event.
Time: 5:00 - 9:00
Food: Pecan Lodge Brisket, Sausage, Fried Chicken, Cole Slaw, Mac n Cheese
Cost: $0 per person
Stems: Riedel 22 oz bdx style stems. You may bring your own, but will be responsible for keeping track of them.
Non-alcoholic beverages: Lots of water bottles handy
Dress: Typically casual to business casual. I’ll be in jeans, dress shirt, pullover. Some will wear slacks and dress shirt/jacket.
Other Event Notes: Grailey’s is a brokerage firm and has old and rare bottles in inventory. If you decide there isn’t enough wine, or that you’d like to get something rare, old, or unique, they’ll happily show you an inventory list and sell you bottles. Please be kind to staff. They work hard, are knowledgeable, and are kind in turn to the members and their guests. Parking is limited in the front. Across the street and dozen yards down Edison away from Hi-line is Grailey’s Dallas warehouse space. There is parking in front. Or, please taxi/lyft/uber over and try a few more good wines! Grailey’s closes down at a reasonable hour, so expect to begin shutting down around 9:00.

Nov. 17th - Kane House - Coppell, TX 75019
Location Notes: Corner of Gifford and Blackfield, Gray 2 story. Park in front or on Blackfield side street. No alley parking.
Other Location Notes: Walk right in. Please don’t knock or ring bell. The dog’s name is Zeus. He’s friendly, loves people.
Time: 6:00 – whenever
Food: See thread for details. 6:15 canapes, 7:00 dinner (may roll to 7:30)
Cost: $0 per person
Stems: Riedel 13 oz white and 22 oz bdx style red stems catered in. You may bring your own, but will be responsible for keeping track of them
Non-alcoholic beverages: Lots of water bottles handy
Dress: Casual – I’ll be in jeans and a henley, sweater, or long sleeve tee shirt. Be comfortable.
Other Event Notes: Please uber/lyft/taxi. Be nice to the dog(s).
IMPORTANT: I apologize but this is not a drop in event. If we’ve not discussed an RSVP I won’t have a seat or food for you. Again, my apologies.

Costs and Full Disclosure: All, I am excited to get to meet many of you for the first time and to get to share another drink with others. I also think this is a great way for many of us to get to know each other better while enjoying our shared hobby. To that end and after arranging all the catering and the like, I pitched my law partners on the firm backing this as a networking event. They like the idea of getting everyone together, and agreed to reimburse me for the vast majority of the costs involved with putting all of this together. The rest I’m pleased to cover as host. There will be no cost, pooling of funds, etc. for any attendees of this event. I’m extremely happy to get this all going, to get to meet many of you for the first time, and to get to share some great wines over a couple of evenings.

Oh, and you’ll also get a nifty Kane Russell Coleman Logan wine key. So cheers, and don’t forget to snag one!

Should be at least 2-day event! Make it worth my time getting out there, and enough to convince Charlie Fu to go

(I like your get-up-and-go model, as I JUST suggested it via PM!)

Hollering! 11/6 birthday here…would be awesome to celebrate with some good, fun peeps.

Noted! And Bumpity Bump

Just now seeing this and sent you a PM. Let me know if you don’t receive it.

Michael

I’d consider coming up from Houston for it.

K John Joseph, are you out there. I sent a PM on the 18th. Not certain if you received it.

Michael

interested in a Dallas event

[thumbs-up.gif]

Wow, yay!!!

get to visit Izzy too.

Does Izzy post here? If not, one of us might let him know.

Michael,

Never received it and just rechecked my PMs.

Anyone recall who was putting together the email list for Texas berserkers? That was being constructed at some point. Be a damn fine means of getting together responses!

Did you get mine?

Are we gonna make this a big event, get Berserkers from everywhere out there? Gotta think of potential venues like Peking Duck House in NYC

I am going to PM you again right now. If you don’t receive it, there is a problem with the delivery system.

K John Joseph. Just sent you another email through the board. Sent a copy to myself and received it. Hopefully this time you will receive it.

Michael

As K John knows, in the Dallas- Ft. Worth area, good BYOB restaurants are few and far between and most of them are not big venues like the Peking Duck House in NYC. It is hard to accommodate large groups. In order to know which places to contact, K John will have to have a good idea of how many people will attend or set a limit up front. A large number will eliminate many restaurants at the start. The nights of the week will also be important. Weekends are difficult. Any quality restaurant is packed on weekend evenings. Seating a large group at one time will probably also require a fixed menu at a fixed price. Size of group and nights of the week are decisions that should be made up front (group size limit/nights of the week/dates etc.). Once that is determined, then venues can be contacted and reservations made.

There are several of us in the area that can help with that. Joe Dulworth who chimed in earlier in this thread probably has the most comprehensive email list of wine lovers in this area. I would love to see this happen.

Michael

I forgot Dulworth is from the area! I’ve only seen him out HERE at Berserker events, so it’s time for me to go to him, I guess

This.

John, I never saw a reply from my PM either