NYC in October: any interest?

Hi all - my wife and I will be in New York (for the first time) in October for around a week.
Would be delightful to catch up with any WB denizens while we’re there. And if not “delightful” then hopefully at least a good story :wink:

You can see the sort of stuff we tend to drink over on the main board, but we’re pretty broad in our tastes.

Cheers, Rauno

What week?

We’ll be in Japan for two weeks in October but if our vacations don’t overlap it would be great to meet.

Rauno.

If you’re interested in California cabs, I would be interested. I wouldn’t mind heading back to Ping’s or Wu’s Wonton in Chinatown either (I have some Rieslings for that).

dh

I seem to recall you’re a Burg guy. I’ll send you a PM about organizing a Burg dinner if you’re interested.

According to reports, Wu’s Wonton closed 2 or 3 weeks ago by the Health Department.

Are you sure? I know Brad K made a reservation there last week for this week. Nothing on Yelp either.

You should check with them. Perhaps, they re-opened.

2 weeks ago, they cancelled our reservation saying “there was an accident”.

I was just there last Thursday so definitely still open!

Keep me in the loop - I’m always down to drink.

Interested and watching this thread.

As per the other thread, I’m down for some Burgundy. Always a good excuse to open some 2014 whites [cheers.gif]

Yes, I’m interested for sure.

I am interested

depending on date I am interested.

I’d be interested depending on the date.

I am interested. Thanks, Tom

Yes

I’m interested.

My wife is dying to go to NZ so I’m sure she would love to come and pump you for information. As for wine, I can offer all sorts of stuff, but if I were you, I would tend towards stuff you can’t get at home, and some of us have lots of that.

Wait, does that mean Cabernet Franc from Long Island, Riesling from the Finger Lakes, and Ice Wine from Niagara-on-the-Lake? [dance-clap.gif]

How about a 2005 Paumanok Petit Verdot Apollo Drive and, in case that doesn’t work, some Cali cult. Schrader, SQN, Saxum, Aubert.