NYC in October: any interest?

Announcements and planning of Offline events
Post Reply
Message
Author
Rauno E (NZ)
Posts: 1356
Joined: March 13th, 2012, 12:32 am

NYC in October: any interest?

#1 Post by Rauno E (NZ) » July 29th, 2018, 10:08 pm

Hi all - my wife and I will be in New York (for the first time) in October for around a week.
Would be delightful to catch up with any WB denizens while we're there. And if not "delightful" then hopefully at least a good story ;)

You can see the sort of stuff we tend to drink over on the main board, but we're pretty broad in our tastes.

Cheers, Rauno
Rauno Engel

User avatar
Jay Miller
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 13185
Joined: June 19th, 2009, 5:18 pm
Location: Jersey City

NYC in October: any interest?

#2 Post by Jay Miller » July 30th, 2018, 6:31 am

What week?

We’ll be in Japan for two weeks in October but if our vacations don’t overlap it would be great to meet.
Ripe fruit isn't necessarily a flaw.

User avatar
Dan Hammer
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 5293
Joined: June 3rd, 2009, 11:05 am
Location: flight Level 3 seven thousand. NYC Metro

NYC in October: any interest?

#3 Post by Dan Hammer » July 30th, 2018, 6:49 am

Rauno.

If you're interested in California cabs, I would be interested. I wouldn't mind heading back to Ping's or Wu's Wonton in Chinatown either (I have some Rieslings for that).

dh
This space for rent.

User avatar
Paul Jaouen
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 4084
Joined: January 30th, 2009, 12:48 pm

NYC in October: any interest?

#4 Post by Paul Jaouen » July 30th, 2018, 7:46 am

I seem to recall you're a Burg guy. I'll send you a PM about organizing a Burg dinner if you're interested.
Best,
Paul Jaouen

User avatar
Ramon C
Posts: 3384
Joined: October 23rd, 2010, 6:34 am

NYC in October: any interest?

#5 Post by Ramon C » July 30th, 2018, 8:11 am

Dan Hammer wrote:Rauno.

If you're interested in California cabs, I would be interested. I wouldn't mind heading back to Ping's or Wu's Wonton in Chinatown either (I have some Rieslings for that).

dh
According to reports, Wu's Wonton closed 2 or 3 weeks ago by the Health Department.
@brera

User avatar
Jay Miller
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 13185
Joined: June 19th, 2009, 5:18 pm
Location: Jersey City

NYC in October: any interest?

#6 Post by Jay Miller » July 30th, 2018, 8:16 am

Ramon C wrote:
Dan Hammer wrote:Rauno.

If you're interested in California cabs, I would be interested. I wouldn't mind heading back to Ping's or Wu's Wonton in Chinatown either (I have some Rieslings for that).

dh
According to reports, Wu's Wonton closed 2 or 3 weeks ago by the Health Department.
Are you sure? I know Brad K made a reservation there last week for this week. Nothing on Yelp either.
Ripe fruit isn't necessarily a flaw.

User avatar
Ramon C
Posts: 3384
Joined: October 23rd, 2010, 6:34 am

NYC in October: any interest?

#7 Post by Ramon C » July 30th, 2018, 8:20 am

Jay Miller wrote:
Ramon C wrote:
Dan Hammer wrote:Rauno.

If you're interested in California cabs, I would be interested. I wouldn't mind heading back to Ping's or Wu's Wonton in Chinatown either (I have some Rieslings for that).

dh
According to reports, Wu's Wonton closed 2 or 3 weeks ago by the Health Department.
Are you sure? I know Brad K made a reservation there last week for this week. Nothing on Yelp either.
You should check with them. Perhaps, they re-opened.

2 weeks ago, they cancelled our reservation saying "there was an accident".

http://www.thelodownny.com/leslog/2018/ ... tions.html

https://patch.com/new-york/new-york-cit ... ast-week-2
@brera

User avatar
CliftonD
Posts: 145
Joined: January 3rd, 2017, 1:00 pm
Location: Queens, NY

NYC in October: any interest?

#8 Post by CliftonD » July 30th, 2018, 10:23 am

I was just there last Thursday so definitely still open!

Keep me in the loop - I'm always down to drink.
D - o - n - g

User avatar
mattcitrang
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1808
Joined: October 8th, 2011, 8:48 am

NYC in October: any interest?

#9 Post by mattcitrang » July 30th, 2018, 10:26 am

Interested and watching this thread.

Greg K
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 446
Joined: December 21st, 2013, 3:16 pm
Location: New York

NYC in October: any interest?

#10 Post by Greg K » July 30th, 2018, 10:27 am

As per the other thread, I'm down for some Burgundy. Always a good excuse to open some 2014 whites [cheers.gif]
Greg Kahn

User avatar
Michael Mahle
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness
Posts: 98
Joined: December 4th, 2012, 7:13 pm
Location: NYC Area

NYC in October: any interest?

#11 Post by Michael Mahle » July 30th, 2018, 6:16 pm

Yes, I'm interested for sure.
Wine Storage & More

Jonathan Sirot
Posts: 708
Joined: April 15th, 2011, 8:37 am

NYC in October: any interest?

#12 Post by Jonathan Sirot » July 30th, 2018, 9:00 pm

I am interested

David Cohen
Posts: 220
Joined: April 27th, 2010, 5:43 am

NYC in October: any interest?

#13 Post by David Cohen » August 1st, 2018, 6:12 am

depending on date I am interested.

Kaitlyn K.
Posts: 39
Joined: September 1st, 2017, 8:06 am

NYC in October: any interest?

#14 Post by Kaitlyn K. » August 2nd, 2018, 4:46 am

I'd be interested depending on the date.
Kaitlyn Kacsuta

Thomas Rippe
Posts: 98
Joined: March 21st, 2010, 10:27 am

NYC in October: any interest?

#15 Post by Thomas Rippe » August 5th, 2018, 5:05 pm

I am interested. Thanks, Tom

User avatar
cjsavino
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 4634
Joined: April 29th, 2010, 5:00 pm
Location: Cranford NJ

NYC in October: any interest?

#16 Post by cjsavino » August 5th, 2018, 6:58 pm

Yes
Chris
Image

User avatar
Julius L
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 238
Joined: March 17th, 2009, 12:45 pm

Re: NYC in October: any interest?

#17 Post by Julius L » August 14th, 2018, 8:33 pm

I'm interested.
L = L@$Øff

User avatar
J a y H a c k
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 11933
Joined: May 29th, 2009, 9:59 am

Re: NYC in October: any interest?

#18 Post by J a y H a c k » August 16th, 2018, 7:34 pm

My wife is dying to go to NZ so I'm sure she would love to come and pump you for information. As for wine, I can offer all sorts of stuff, but if I were you, I would tend towards stuff you can't get at home, and some of us have lots of that.
Yes, that's a DM of 1978 Mouton!

You can read my Financial Institutions Law Blog at https://www.gdblaw.com/blog?practiceID=4985.

User avatar
CliftonD
Posts: 145
Joined: January 3rd, 2017, 1:00 pm
Location: Queens, NY

Re: NYC in October: any interest?

#19 Post by CliftonD » August 17th, 2018, 8:24 am

J a y H a c k wrote:
August 16th, 2018, 7:34 pm
My wife is dying to go to NZ so I'm sure she would love to come and pump you for information. As for wine, I can offer all sorts of stuff, but if I were you, I would tend towards stuff you can't get at home, and some of us have lots of that.
Wait, does that mean Cabernet Franc from Long Island, Riesling from the Finger Lakes, and Ice Wine from Niagara-on-the-Lake? [dance-clap.gif]
D - o - n - g

User avatar
J a y H a c k
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 11933
Joined: May 29th, 2009, 9:59 am

Re: NYC in October: any interest?

#20 Post by J a y H a c k » August 17th, 2018, 6:27 pm

CliftonD wrote:
August 17th, 2018, 8:24 am
J a y H a c k wrote:
August 16th, 2018, 7:34 pm
My wife is dying to go to NZ so I'm sure she would love to come and pump you for information. As for wine, I can offer all sorts of stuff, but if I were you, I would tend towards stuff you can't get at home, and some of us have lots of that.
Wait, does that mean Cabernet Franc from Long Island, Riesling from the Finger Lakes, and Ice Wine from Niagara-on-the-Lake? [dance-clap.gif]
How about a 2005 Paumanok Petit Verdot Apollo Drive and, in case that doesn't work, some Cali cult. Schrader, SQN, Saxum, Aubert.
Yes, that's a DM of 1978 Mouton!

You can read my Financial Institutions Law Blog at https://www.gdblaw.com/blog?practiceID=4985.

User avatar
Hank Victor
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 178
Joined: July 21st, 2018, 8:36 am

Re: NYC in October: any interest?

#21 Post by Hank Victor » September 8th, 2018, 10:56 am

Will be in NY next month for Fingerlakes harvest. Would love to do a meetup possible the weekend I'm there.
P!
ITB

"Wine is, on the face of it, an utterly superfluous luxury. The majority of the world's population survive without it. It has negligible nutritional value, provides none of the basic needs of life, and those of us who drink it do so for essentially selfish reasons. So, cheers!"

H A N K V I C T O R B R 1 M 0

Post Reply

Return to “Offline Planner”