Seattle (gauging interest): Aged Oregon Pinot Noir offline?

Announcements and planning of Offline events

For the Seattle Aged Oregon Pinot Noir offline, please select up to three of the following:

I prefer Friday the 28th
12%
I prefer Saturday the 29th
21%
I prefer Sunday the 30th
17%
I can make it Friday- not preferred
21%
I can make it Saturday- not preferred
7%
I can make it Sunday- not preferred
17%
Can't make any of these dates, but I'm still interested
5%

Total votes: 42

Hal Blumberg
GCC Member
GCC Member

Re: Seattle (gauging interest): Aged Oregon Pinot Noir offline?

#101 Post by Hal Blumberg » October 1st, 2018, 8:19 am

Thanks very much to the Hickners for being such terrific hosts! Thanks to everyone else for their contributions. I thought the wines showed quite well and supports the potential of aging OR pinots.

Cheers,

Hal

Brandon R

#102 Post by Brandon R » October 2nd, 2018, 11:49 am

Great looking lineup of wines, All. Wish I could've made it! With so many options, perhaps we should do a 2.0 version not too far down the road! I still have a 2008 Ponzi Reserve and a 2003 Belle Pente Reserve waiting!
B. Redman

terrance.c

#103 Post by terrance.c » October 2nd, 2018, 11:52 am

Thank you Peter for hosting another wonderful night. Wonderful company all around and a lot of generosity from everyone.

I would have to go with the '93 Drouhin Laurene as my WOTN. With the '03 Shea (Balance) and '00 Argyle (Savory) as my runner ups. (as well as the '94 Drouhin WV, but I'm not counting that as it's too close to the '93.)

Here are photos from the night, starting with bagged wine #1 through #14, then the Thomas. And then the before and after bottles brought and shared.
IMG_7105.JPG
IMG_7106.JPG
IMG_7107.JPG
IMG_7109.JPG
-Terrance Creighton

Bryan Carr

#104 Post by Bryan Carr » October 9th, 2018, 9:48 am

Late to the party and late back to the thread, but thank you again Peter and Carol for hosting a great night! Tacos were out of this world, thanks Jim!
As for our WsOTN, I think the fav was the '01 Shea, followed by the '02 Laurene and the '05 De Ponte, but the '93 Laurene was impressive for how together it seemed for the age. That Walter Scott was also super delicious.
I'm pretty sure the sunglasses are Lauren's, I think us leaving something behind is becoming a theme here...
CT: the_lovenest

Return to “Offline Planner”