Just moved to Lebanon, New Hampshire -- anyone else around here?

Hey everyone,

Just moved to the Upper Valley of VT / NH for the husband’s job, will be here for at least a year. Getting adjusted to the area, thought I’d ask if anyone else is around. “Around” of course could mean a decent drive away in this area. Curious to see if anyone’s here!!

Cheers,
Tim

Too bad, my daughter just graduated, would have loved to meet up on one of my visits. Beautiful area, enjoy!

Visit us in Boston!

Welcome to New England! It’s a beautiful area but pretty close to wine Siberea. VT is horrible for wine availability but friendly for shipping. In NH the major player is the State system with a so-so store in West Lebanon. There are a few of us around the border of MA on both sides. I usually have to go to the Boston area to hook up with Kevin and others.

Not in NH anymore, but if you like cider, you should visit Poverty Lane Orchards/ Farnum Hill. One of my favorite producers in the USA. They’re a fairly old orchard and they are actively rescuing old clones. The style is restrained, most ciders are bone dry, and they use cider varieties so there’s depth and tannin to them.

Although the wine selection in NH isn’t amazing, at least it’s easy to shop. All of the state run stores list their inventory on the state’s web site: https://www.liquorandwineoutlets.com/ You can see what’s available where.

Their Kingston Black cider is pretty wonderful.