SF Bay Area/Peninsula OL - July 24

Ok - let’s tee it up.
I know historically summer gets spotty for people being available.

I’m looking at July 23, 24, 31…
Kabul?
July 30 is possible too - I’m off of work that week and so far no plans to be out of town though that can change.

What does y’all think?

Date July 24

Place Kabul (will check)

Time. 6:30

Sandbaggers:
Larry
Wes
Dan
Scott
Andy
Yao
Alan
DanK
Barry

Yeah, let’s try Kabul. Either date is ok.

Mondays aren’t the best for some of us. I can’t do the 23rd and there are tastings some may want to go to both the 23rd and 30th. How about the 24th?

Oh, good point on the Monday tastings. If we can switch to Tuesday, that would be preferred for me.

July 31 works for me.

7/24 and 7/31 are both good for me

All those dates work for me and I don’t have a preference on Monday vs Tuesday (I would, however, prefer 7pm over 6.30pm, but I don’t wanna change the rules as a newcomer :wink:)

Andy my personal view is that if on the day of the event you reaffirm you will definitely be there at 7, no one will be inconvenienced. At most by then we have ordered group appetizers and blind wines are still covered. But I’ll show up at 6:30.

I’m ok w Mon or Tues but I thought restaurants preferred Mondays because that was their slow night?

So let’s consider July 23, 24, 31.

24th and 31st are ok.

Those dates all look fine for me.

Any of those dates OK for me.

Was chatting w Scott today - what do you think about doing a single blind tasting?
We can foil/bag our bottles and write down what you brought, then try to match the wines.

I like that idea. Only thing that will make this work is for someone to bring identical bags and bag them, so that we don’t even know which wine we brought. Sounds like we’d have one dry white flight and several dry red ones?

Ok so Larry is volunteering to be the bagger.

Sure, but can someone come up with bottle bags?

How about foil? I can bring aluminum foil and a sharpie.

Make it simple: whoever brought the wine is probably going to know it anyway. Just bring your wine bagged or wrapped, and let’s taste each together, guess, and make fun of whoever brought it. Just like Andrew does at every dinner neener

We’ll call it the ‘neener-neener’ offline.

I’ll bring a sweet white wine with retsina so I can pick out my own wine and win the contest.
July 31 might be my only available date and Eric Baugher is doing a Ridge dinner in Santa Cruz that night. But that’s $201 for a dinner with new release wines. $402 for two. Yikes. Anyone going?