2007 Burgundies and more Hartford Peppercorns July 16th

Over on CT forum I am arranging an offline for July in Hartford and figured I would cross-post here as the theme is very specific. One of our regular attendees has graciously offered up a few Grand Cru burgs and a Premier Cru from very fine producers and proposed 2007 Burgundies as a theme. I am hoping we can gather enough interest, and that folks either have or can procure one. If not, we might tweak the theme. Would probably do one flight of white burgs a Champagne and the rest reds. Would like to do this at Peppercorns as last time they did a fabulous job and made us a 5 course chefs choice meal for under $100. Corkage although normally much higher was either $10 per person or per bottle, I will double check. Are any past attendees or newbies interested ? If anyone would like to know some of the wines being served, please check other forum or pm me and I will share info.

1. Jonathan
  2. Chris
  3. Dennis
  4. Windy
  5. Tad

Bump… Anyone else interested ? If you have a 2007 Burgundy, great. If not bring any nice bottle that you would like to share.

I would be interested

Matthew, glad you can join. Look forward to meeting you. At your earliest convenience let me know if you have a 2007 Burgundy, or other vintage if not. Alternatively bring a very nice bottle of something else that you would like to share.

:bump:
I asked Mary again since I know she likes Peppercorns but I’m not holding out hope that she’ll change her mind.
This may be my first time for Uber.

Chris
Two bits of positive news. The first may even change her mind ! The best news is that they are having restaurant week in Hartford starting on the 16th, our reservation night. It is $30.18 for a 3 course meal. Instead of providing less fancy than normal or limited choices, there are 6 different appetizer choices, 8 for main courses, and 4 different dessert picks of great quality.

I didn’t know how to directly link to the menu and it doesn’t appear to be on their website, but it is on the Taste of Hartford site which is part of the Ct restaurant week network. Hit link then scroll down to Peppercorns to see theie menu.

http://www.connecticutrestaurantweek.com

Chris, maybe Mary joins now as it a fantastic value, or if not no worries, still you have saved enough to cover most of the uber . Win Win !

Secondly the manager spoke to the owner who agreed to give us the courtesy of $10 per btl corkage, which they weren’t sure he would, since alcohol is usually how they end up in the black during these promos. Luckily they know us and liked us from last time.

My friend Joe Neri will be joining us again. so we are at 7 with room for more, if anyone else wants to join. Going to be another great evening ! See y’all soon.