Trip to Seattle

I’m in Seattle for a conference and wanted to see if a group might be interested in an informal wine dinner on Tuesday, April 3rd. Sorry for the timing, but it just got booked and thought I would see if anyone was interested.

Yah, I’d be up for meeting up

Keep me in the loop. I don’t see anything else scheduled.

Hi Tom,

I can make it. Are you staying downtown? If so, perhaps we could meet up at a downtown restaurant?

Cheers,

Hal

Open too. Haven’t seen you guys for a while.
Venue is the question.

Downtown the restaurant in Nordstrom was okay but not great - empty so they let us do whatever. The roast chicken was decent.

I’ve done Tamarind Tree in the ID. $15 corkage. Vietnamese fusion.

I’ve heard Cafe Presse is good but have not done a dinner there myself.

In my neighborhood, Cafe Munir has $10 corkage and would not be super busy on a Tuesday.
Not close to anyone but me I’m afraid. Also glassware is awful but we can take care of that.

Back downtown there is always RN74 or a few other nicer places. The corkage may be a bit higher but not a big deal. RN74 also has a decent list if needed.

I’m staying at the Westin downtown, would love to get together. Have no preference on food and I’m flexible to go anywhere with an Uber.

tom is good peeps and he brings thunder. you guys will have a great time breaking bread.

last time i was in seattle, wild ginger downtown had a deep list with great pricing.

[cheers.gif]

This is looking good for me as well. I’ll confirm. Anyone have ideas for a wine theme? Wild ginger is friendly and has the best wine list in Seattle (as far as having awesome bottles and prices that are not exorbitant). Cafe campagne has good cassoulet and has also been wine friendly.

I can bring almost anything French or Cali I will defer on restaurant and can certainly source any thing i don’t readily have.

I wouldn’t have any objections to WG except I just called there and they have a 2 bottle limit per table for outside wine. Corkage is $20 which is fine I guess, but the bottle limit is a showstopper I think.

So if anyone has a connection there, let us know. I haven’t been for several years when I stopped working downtown.

I’ll reach out to one of the somms today.

This thread recalled our trip to Seattle and a fun offline on the porch at Peter’s lovely casa. We do hope to return in the near future.

We have clearance to bring wine. They just ask that we buy a wine from the list. They have a killer Austrian selection (gobelsburg tradition, alzinger, knoll etc…) or we can get crazy and order the 2010 Bartolo mascarello at < half price of the lowest retail in the country! Divided by our reservation of 10 people, it wouldn’t add much to the bill. 6pm Tuesday 4/3. My plus one is a buddy who doesn’t post anymore, but I met him at an offline at wild ginger several years ago.

Any thoughts on theme? Random theme works too. The food is full flavor, and pairs well with big and/or savory reds and whites.

Sorry that i can’t make this (edit)Tuesday… but +1 to the above. Peter’s porch is a lovely spot indeed.

As soon as the weather warms up, we can do another tasting on the deck. In the meantime, we are having kitchen work done.

It would be nice to have at least a loose theme for Tuesday. I’m open for anything.
My wife may want to join us if there is room.

Thanks for taking the ball Travis!
I’m sure we can order a few things off the list.

So I’m in for sure - with 10 slots it seems like we have room for a few others.
I don’t have strong feelings about it but, can probably make most themes work.
(I don’t have any Washington Grenache [cheers.gif])
Left to my own devices i’d bring some aged demi and/or moelleux stuff to go with the food.
But that can be in addition to the theme.

That would go well with the cuisine.
At another Wild Ginger off-line with another group, I brought a GG Riesling. The sommelier said he thought of all the wines opened (mostly California heavy duty reds and whites) it went best with the food served. Otherwise, it was barely noticed.
I can bring a “cult” Washington Grenache if you want. (lacking any suitable emoticon, except maybe )

This sounds great, thanks for setting it up Travis!
No preference on theme

Thanks Travis for setting this up at WG! Looking forward to meeting Tom and seeing some of the Seattle guys again. Unless we decide on a theme, I will probably bring a Northern Rhone and a riesling or chenin blanc.

Cheers,

Hal

I need to check with my boss, but I definitely want to be there!
Will report back.