2000 Bordeaux Avert W. Hartford Ct. May 7th

Usually we do open or rather vague themes at offlines but thought it might be fun to do a 2000 Bordeaux theme. From my experience some of the 2nd -5th growths are showing nicely. Would be either Hartford or possibly Avert in W Htfd would be good to return to as the food would be a great match. I would offer up a Lynch Bages, LLC , or Montrose or a few other choices. I would also be bringing a bubbly as no offline should be held without one.

Would ideally like to keep this at 8 attendees for generous pours. Both past members and new folks always welcome. Anyone interested ?

Attending:

1. Jonathan: Lynch Bages & 2003 .375 of Rieussec
  2. Chris: Grand Puy Lacoste
  3. Tad: Le Bon Pasteur
  4. Gary and Gayle: Chateau D’Issan
  5. Jacques : Ducru Beaucilliou & 2007 Filaine Sensum Vertigo Sensum champagne
  6. Marchello: .375 of Monbousquet and two .375s of Leoville Barton
  7. Brian: Gloria & 2014 Hubert Lamy Saint Aubin 1er Cru Clos de Meix

Although this started as a 2000 bordeaux event it has evolved into a 2000 bdx event with an all French support staff. No complaints here. [cheers.gif]

The event will be held at Avert West Hartford center Start time is 6:30 They agreed to $10 per bottle corkage fee. There will be no corkage on the half bottles.

Looks like Gayle and I would be up for this. We have not yet opened any of our 2000 Bordeaux. Date will be important to us.

Bump… Looks like date will be May 7th potentially. Does that work for others ?

That should work for me. I’ve asked Mary if she wants to come but the probability is less than 50%.

Gonna see if I can come to this since I want to explore Bordeaux more, need to talk to the Mrs.

If I can make it, I don’t have any 2000 Bordeaux in my cellar to bring so I can try to find something in a shop near me…otherwise I’ll surprise you all with something

I hope you can make it Brian. [cheers.gif]
If a bottle of 2000 Bordeaux doesn’t present itself to you, an alternate vintage is ok, or a 2000 from another region even.

Brian, always room for one or two more. Sent pm on other board.

Chris, I messaged Jonathan on the CT board with what I may bring. A shop near me has 2000 Chateau Gloria (at least that’s what Wine Searcher says), will inquire later. Also going to bring a bottle of white Burgundy, likely 2014 Hubert Lamy Saint-Aubin 1er Cru Clos de Meix or Les Frionnes.

I have decided to add a .375 of 2003 Reuissec to the Lynch Bages I am bringing. I have amended the original list.The manager has graciously agreed to not charge for the .375s. Although it wasn’t originally planned that way, this turned into a 100% French offline from the starters, to the dessert wine. No complaints here. [cheers.gif]

Looking forward to this event. See everyone tonight !

I double decanted my bottle this morning before work. 2 hours in the decanter, so it should open up in the glass pretty quick.
The aroma was nice as I was pouring. flirtysmile
See you in 8 hours or so. champagne.gif

Damn now I feel like an amateur. Was just going to double decant before driving down :stuck_out_tongue:

We can ask for a decanter at the restaurant. [basic-smile.gif]

Just got home. Thanks again for organizing this Jonathan. It was great meeting you all :slight_smile:

Nice to meet you as well Brian…Cheers, Gary