San Francisco City Offline Wednesday May 2

Picking up from the other thread,

I will be in town on the 2nd, staying near the Transamerica Building but willing to venture a reasonable distance, and would love to meet, or see again, any willing and available locals for dinner. Let’s work on a roster and a location and then we can talk about wines to bring.

I’d think we’d want to cap it at 8(?) and Yao and (tentatively) Ashish have expressed some interest. Anyone else care to join us? Feel free to reach out to amenable types as well.

As for location, I’m entirely in your hands.

Cheers!

Dave

Dave - not sure if it’s too far for you, but I’d like to suggest Mathilde - I know the owner and have had a number of wine dinners there. It’s also K&L’s go-to spot for events (I attended a Leoville Las Cases dinner there a while ago). Classic, down-to-earth French bistro food

Yao, that looks great!

Keep me as a tentative for now. I would love to come, but I have a busy week at work and likely can’t leave until 6:30-7, and I wouldn’t want to show up too late.

I’d be fine with a late-ish thing at 7.30 or 8pm. Dave?

Sure. It’s a school night for me, but I don’t have to start too early, so I’m flexible.

I’d like to join depending on the date. I’m pretty flexible in general, though one never knows.

I’m interested and assume we’ll have more info as time goes by.

May 2 does work for me. And Mathilda is a great pick.

I’d be interested in joining you guys, if you’d have me! Have been curious about Mathilde – I enjoyed the sister restaurant L’Ardoise.

Count me in!

Reservation made at Mathilde (315 5th St, just round the corner from K&L [wink.gif]) at 7.30pm on May 2

Attendees:

1. Betty / 2015 Domaine Comte Abbatucci Cuvée Collection Rouge “Ministre Impérial”
  2. Dave, our guest of honor! / 1999 Beaucastel
  3. Jonathan / 2008 Dauvissat La Forest
  4. Leonard / 2000 Bordeaux
  5. Rich / ?
  6. Yao / 1999 Guigal d’Ampuis
  7. Ashish / ?
  8. Joel (tentative)

What’ll our theme be? I’m up for anything

Considering the venue, anything French?

Sounds great, thanks!

“Anything French” works for me. I will bring a red, either Bdx, Burg, Beaucastel, or Cote Rotie, depending on what others bring or want me to bring (or my mood when I pack my bag).

Maybe I’ll hit K&L on the way… [cheers.gif] champagne.gif

Anything French it is :slight_smile:

I’ll probably bring a 1999 Guigal d’Ampuis that I’ve been meaning to try

I will bring a 2015 Domaine Comte Abbatucci Cuvée Collection Rouge “Ministre Impérial : Jacques-Pierre-Charles Abbatucci.”

I have never had this, but the salesperson at Kermit Lynch suggested it when I asked for something off the beaten path. It’s a blend of grapes I’ve never heard of: 22% Sciacarellu, 18% Niellucciu, 15% Carcajolu-Neru, 15% Montaneccia, 12% Morescono, 10% Morescola, 8% Aleatico.

Hope it’s interesting!

With names like those, I assume this is Corsican? Looking forward to trying it.

Indeed! Corsican word salad/red wine.

I’m also reaching out to a potential 8th for the group. I’ll try to let you know in the next couple of days.

Dave

He will be out of town, so the 8th spot remains open.